PS3 JB games burned to BD-R ?

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by arcadekidflo, Oct 9, 2019 at 2:08 AM.

1. 202
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

I burned some JB backups to a BD-R in a structure like
    GAMES / BLUS12345
    GAMES / BLES12345
    etc

No backup manager will recognise this structure , also i can not even copy through a file manager . Anything can be done about it ?

Backup managers scan dev_usb for games but not dev_bdvd

2. 5,745
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Have you tryed to use the filemanagers in the backup managers to browse the folders, click in the EBOOT.BIN and select "load" ? (or something like that)

I dont even know if there is some backup manager that supports this way of booting PS3 games in JB format from dev_bdvd
    Is a bit weird

Algol likes this.
  3. 274
    Luisile

Luisile Member

First of all you need to create iso with Ps3 ISO tools and then burn that iso.

Th3-J0k3r and Algol like this.
  4. 202
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

Luisile , i know about the ISO burning but this is different .

I remember Movian used to have disc access , so it is possible . Also , the Xmb can see the folder structure in photo , video columns .
    Just that the backup managers do not scan that location dev_bdvd/GAMES . It would be like mounting from bdvd to .. bdvd !
    But i wish at least copying is possible . I tried with Multiman and Irisman , they do not detect the disc.

5. 5,745
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@arcadekidflo try with the filemanager of managunz v1.37, it allows to browse disc contents :)
    And mark the EBOOT.BIN (with square), then open file options (with triangle)... and see if there is an option to boot it

I dont know is managunz allows to boot games this way, but incase it does it i guess this should be the procedure

6. 5,757
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Deank hasn't updated direct access in a very long time. Aside from what @sandungas mentioned you might be out of luck. And as stated before you can launch disc but you must burn ISO format as it was added sometime ago but no one seemed to care. Loading off a HDD is easier and in the long run cheaper. Aside from that the managers are open source of you want to try your hand at that. Well aside from multiMAN

7. 3,212
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Backup managers do not scan dev_bdvd because it is the path used to mount the games.
    dev_bdvd is normally unmounted when the backup manager starts.

Some years ago DeanK implemented a feature in Cobra payload that let you use PS3 backups burned to a CD-R, DVD-R or BD-R.
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/cobra-changes-to-add-full-burned-optical-media-support.12494/

This feature is included in MAMBA and PS3HEN too (they are Cobra-like payloads).

The files should be burned with the same structure of an original PS3 disc /PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN etc.
    Not like you did: GAMES / BLUS12345. Only one game is supported per disc.

8. 5,757
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Yeah he said he knew of the ISO method which uses this structure. Not sure why he would try this unless as you stated trying to put multiple games on one disc. There are some collection disc that came out some time ago that had games that shared a common theme. When I ripped them to the HDD though you could only play the first game. I got around this by making an ISO of each of the PS3_GAME extra folders. Got rid of the disc a long time ago as I didn't really like most of them so I couldn't tell you how to do this nowadays as I no longer have the images. Even then I don't think it would work as the EBOOT.BIN wouldn't be the one it was looking for.

aldostools likes this.
  9. 202
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

Yes , i'm trying to put multiple games on one disc . I will try the filemanager from Managunz , see what it can do .

10. 274
    Luisile

Luisile Member

This will not work. One game per disc as is it an originál game.if you want more game purchase bigger usb thumb drive like 64 or 128 gb and use them. It will be less expensive and you can have more games on it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 11:59 AM