Just Bought A Hackable Wii-U

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Mar 15, 2016.

1. 12,156
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the "golden firmware," so to speak, for the wii-u is 5.3.2. I just bought a console with that fimrware off of ebay. the seller has one left if anyone wants to grab it. it doesn't come with a gamepad though, so make sure u already own one before purchasing. I have the limited edition wind waker gamepad myself. :p this console should work with backups as well as homebrew. ;)

2. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Wow, didnt even know they had been hacked. Sold mine years ago. Only ever had the old wii mode hax. Might have to look into this. ;)

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

3. 12,156
    pinky

4. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah thats the one thing i hated about nintendo. After owning a bunch of wiis and a couple wii u consoles everything i bought is gone. Sick of buying the same games over and over everytime i feel like getting one again.

If they stuck to an account I'd of bought plenty more games. Got 500+ games on steam and just as much in dlc.. Love knowing they will always be there so even if I dont have a gaming pc at the time Ill still buy games if they are on special or O have a feeling they will get censored or removed :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. 12,156
    pinky

I bought all games digitally since I couldn't change discs due to an illness.

6. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah I did that as well the first time. Next time round I stuck to the cheaper alternative and bought discs so I wouldnt lose as much on it when i inevitability got bored and sold it for a new toy. :)

7. 1,392
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Good post [MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION], if I didn't own one already I'd be a buyer. I don't play my Nintendo systems that often, but always buy one none the less just for the Mario and Zelda games. Ill keep coming back to nintendo for many years to come for that very reason.

8. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeap. New zelda will mean buying another one for me. Probably sell it again after that though. lol

I struggle with low frame rates. I just cant enjoy games that run like crap, hence getting rid of my consoles fairly quickly.

Only the controller design and emulators that keep me hanging around the ps3.

9. 5,830
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Not a bad price for that if you already own one of the tablet/controllers. Wasn't able to do the backup loader on mine at first as it requires an internet connection. Now that I have one I may try it once the UIOS hack comes out.

10. 12,156
    pinky

I would be interested in knowing how well the backup loader works. I had read that it doesn't work with every game. I also need to transfer content from my 5.5.1 system to the 5.3.2 one. I'm not sure if I can do that with one tablet controller even if I resync while in each system menu.

11. 5,830
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    From what I have seen its pretty damn good TBH. Sure there is a game here and there just like back in the PS3 Open Manager days but it's a pain to manage with an 8 year old hence the reason I haven't pursued it myself outside of not having a stable internet connection. I will look into it more as well soon and let ya know.

12. 12,156
    pinky

she is her daddy's girl. I remember u telling me u were only to buy a wii-u, 'cause ur daughter wanted one. ;)

13. 5,830
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Yup i did buy Hyrule Warriors for myself but still ssittinf in the shrink wrap. Shes a good kid but she is a little spoiled. Myhouse is the game house.

14. 12,156
    pinky

I have hyrule warriors as well, but it's the digital version. I've played some of it. I mostly use my wii-u for retro games like super mario advance 3.

15. 12,156
    pinky

just received the console. I have everything hooked up but the power cable since I'm going to need an extension cable. I'm going to have both wii-u's plugged in at least until I get my content transferred over somehow with one gamepad.

16. 12,156
    pinky

I'll just put this information here in case anyone is wondering: games via the backup launcher r loaded from an sd card. playing backups online as well as using dlc is not currently possible via loadiine (the backup launcher). gamecube games r playable with nintendont which I think uses usb. almost all gamecube, downloadable, and wii-u games r playable. u can't do a system transfer even if spoofed. spoofing is permanent since the system uses a .bin file to store the firmware version via tickets/certificates. u can play shrunk games, but games that haven't been shrunk have higher compatibility which again is near every game...at least every main game. the golden firmware for the wii-u is 5.3.2 while 5.4.0 can still play backups. u can play normal games online as long as they're not backups. homebrew and vc games work 100%. there may be other things, but there's some info for anyone looking to hack their wii-u.

edit: I forgot to mention that nintendon't doesn't use custom ios but rather a combination of hardware and software for emulation.

17. 12,156
    pinky

18. 12,156
    pinky

overcame the first hurdle with wii-u hacking - blocking system updates - since the system downloads updates and updates automatically if connected to the internet. I used tubehax dns to block updates. the way u can tell if it has worked is it should say "system update failed" in the download notifications section. there will be a red x next to the icon if that's just happened. the system will connect to the internet without issues though even with a connection test, so I dunno of any other way to tell.

19. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

Got a wii U. but on the latest firmware. Is there a way to downgrade or is there out I can do with it like it is? Any help would be apriciated

20. 12,156
    pinky

there's no way to downgrade that I know of. my main system is on the latest firmware too. u can spoof, play back ups, play gc games, etc. with 5.3.2. it's good for my amiibo games which I won't open.