Just Bought A Hackable Wii-U

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Mar 15, 2016.

1. 637
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

2. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I own most games for the wii-u digitally due to an illness. though, I did buy twilight princess retail for the amiibo.

3. 95
    gDrive

gDrive Member

Damn - talk about a commercial failure, if you want to call it as such - Nintendo has decided to commit the technological equivalent of euthanasia. Yes there were some good games like Bayonetta 2 but it sadly wasn't enough and its failure can be blamed on lack of third-party support and its business/design decisions, with the console/input device design and its inability to properly focus on a specific target market being the main obvious points.

Yes I am repeating the obvious points but I might as well remind the folks on here with the issues with the Wii U - yeah, even the console name didn't help matters either.

4. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

a fully hacked wii-u. now, all wii-us r hackable, so block firmware updates with a dns server or ccproxy. I'm using the latter. it's very easy to do, but one mention about that, u may have to redo ur internet settings
    completely instead modifying them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Just installed the exploit on my 5.5.1 wiiu have installed a few games all games show up but some don't launch

Never mind just realized had to move a few folders around :)

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  6. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

yeah, the folders have to be specific or they won't show up (i.e. requiring the id6 in brackets). I also noticed that when ur extracting a wud file the code/content/meta folders will be inside the data folder which must be the root of wii-u games. I've not tested if they'll show up if u keep them in the data folder though. I always cut and paste them to the root to prevent any problems. also, some games may not load due to regional issues, such as Star Fox Zero, or seemingly not load due to the shear volume of files. I have Resident Evil Retribution, and it has over 50,000 files. I know that u can inject the files into a cpk file to speed up loading, but I'm not sure if the game has one of those files; if not, it would probably take hours to boot the game. :wink new:

stussy likes this.