PS3 KaKaRoTo leaves a Holiday Present for the Scene as he officially Retires

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 23, 2014.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 23, 2014 at 2:39 PM
  1. 8,723
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS3 developer KaKaRoTo has released his farewell gift to the PS3 Community. As he promised recently he had a big release for the PS3 community, but with the release he also Officially announced his retirement from the PS3 Community. The developer a few years ago was working on a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) for OFW user's and the project made some advancements, but also contained some roadblocks that have proved to be a giant obstacle in the Scene. The developer asked the community back in March of 2012, if he should release this partially completed HEN with the majority saying no, until the project was finished. Hoping [break]..[/break] for some advancements in the scene the developer held on to his partially completed work.

Well the developer has waited 3 years and he decided now is the time to release his works, as in it's current form and the tools developed, do have some value for the community, The developer has released some new information for developers and also some new tools, the highlight being a tool he created called Ps3xport. This tool is used to manipulating the PS3 backup data (from System Settings >Backup Utility) on your XMB. The benefit in this is that it will give complete control over /dev_hdd0 and /dev_flash2 filesystems, even on 4.66 OFW, BUT the problem with OFW systems there is the roadblock that does not allow you to RUN homebrew due to the NPDRM ECDSA protections that was not solved back then and still an issue today for OFW user's.

However this information and tools are great to see and can perhaps progress in other ways and with other projects.. So take a look at all the information from developer KaKaRoTo about these information.

A huge thanks to developer KakaRoTo. Who has done many amazing things in the PS3 Homebrew Community, just to name a few highlights of many with the Open Source Jailbreaks in the 3.41 days, One of the first to create a CFW, Creator of the original MFW Tool, Homebrew Games such as Eskiss, Homebrew Apps such as Elegantz and a ton of other accomplishments from this dev including everything you read below. Thanks for all the good times KaKaRoTo. you will always be a respected developer in this community. I hope your hard work and research leads to good things and perhaps some new projects down the road.

PS3_Original.png

KakaRoTo's Links to Tools & SRC

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Matsumot0
      Matsumot0
    2. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
    3. aldostools
      aldostools
      Merry Christmas/Happy New Year to you too Mr. Alaoui!

Thank you for your incredible XMAS gift! We will miss you...
    4. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      hohoho three hos in the snow LOL

i like how he said "good things come to those who wait" ;)
    5. ed89
      ed89
      Cool :) Homebrew without downgrade on any PS3 right?! I never thought it would happen...

Thanx you very much

and merry Christmas @all
    6. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      as of right now this does not enable "homebrew" what it does tho, is it allows you to have full control of the contents on the hdd. full control over hdd and using homebrew does not mean the same thing. there is more to it than meets the eye.
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Read the red portion in the article :)

"BUT the problem with OFW systems there is the roadblock that does not allow you to RUN homebrew due to the NPDRM ECDSA protections that was not solved back then and still an issue today for OFW user's.."

So in other terms.
      It means you could put Homebrew on an OFW but the problem is you would not be able to run it.

But this research could perhaps get more eyes on it and maybe progress one day or even the research be useful in for other things. Its very good information to say the least.
    8. ed89
      ed89
      Yes I Understand (not now) some work must be done (I dont know how much)
      I'm not a dev
      I would indeed like to learn how to writte code or learn a programming language but it's very complicated...

but it might be possible in future? (Homebrew enabler on OFW without downgrade...) with some new exploits or/and new code/program...

Edit: "NPDRM ECDSA protections" is the hint Ok thanx [MENTION=2]STLcardsWS[/MENTION]

sorry my english is not perfect but i learn everyday a little more ...
      Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    9. Coldlm
      Coldlm
      Xmess to you and everyone, And thanks :but x::o::but square::but tri::cool: