Largest Size SD Card for wii/vwii

Discussion in 'Wii' started by pinky, Aug 8, 2019.

1. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I have a 256GB sd card for the vwii, but I think it might be too large. it takes quite a bit of time to move games from internal memory to the sd card. then, they fail to launch. the card works with injecting wads to emunand, just not in the home menu. games work from internal flash but not from the sd card.

edit: looks like nintendo recommends 32GB or lower. the card works with everything vwii or wii u side except for playing games directly from. well, nintendont can play cube games from the sd card, so I think it's a limitation imposed on the vwii.

edit 2: or maybe it's because I have 2 partitions on the card: one for the system; another for redNAND. I extracted the redNAND, but I kept the partition just in case I wanted to mess with the system at no risk. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I've got it all fixed now. I have neek2o installed. you have to install those games twice on different NANDs if you plan on the smaller one being for neek; otherwise, it takes a long time to load gigabytes worth of data with your main NAND. just valis 2 and castlevania rebirth are using neek2o, but I installed everything that was on my wii twice on the vwii: once to have the game appear when it loads the emuNAND; and a second NAND for where the game will actually be read from (game settings). you need to do it this way or the game won't be picked up. it will pick up the game from one NAND, then use a second NAND to boot the game. kinda confusing I guess.

edit: the one drawback to neek is that exiting resets the system, since it can't return to original NAND. that's another reasons I only have the games that need it to use neek.