Latest guide to go online with CFW & Homebrews

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by snkplkn, Jul 12, 2019.

1. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Dear friends,

I have never played any PS3 game online. Now i want to try to play online for first time. The console i bought was a used one on OFW and most likely was not banned on PSN. However the earlier owner deleted all his PSN accounts. I do not have any PSN account at present & never tried to create one.

Now i have installed a CFW ferrox Standard 4.82 and have variety of Homebrew like multiman etc.

I have read several things online like Sen Enabler, PSN Patch etc, disabling sys calls but do not understand much of it.

I would like to know the best approach to create a new PSN account with minimal risk of online ban.

2. 299
    Itroublve Hacker

Itroublve Hacker Member

Why do you care?
    Home Page:
    PSNINJA is outdated. For no ban use OFW if you want to take a risk then you can use PSN PATCH and then create the account. Note: I DON'T PROMISE A ANTIBAN, YOU CAN STILL BE BANNED!!!

Algol likes this.
  3. 2,663
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    These tools basically disable the custom syscals used by CFW and homebrew (these were not made by [email protected] so can be easily detected) so i t disbales the CFW part of the firmware really. And are a must if going online on CFW.

As you have a 4.82 CFW you will need to use SEN Enabler to spoof your FW version to the lastest, as PSN Patch does not do this, or install Ferrox 4.84.

Just do this as you would to create any new account for your PS3, create a one you don't care if it gets banned or not as it wont have any of your paid content linked to it. You can unban your PS3 using another PS3's IDPS but your account you cannot. So this keeps your main PSn account safe.

You can also spoof your IDPS with that of another PS3 so your PS3 won't get banned, it will be the PS3's IDPS your using, I use my CECH4003A's PSID and IDPS on one of my 2 Slims on CFW when going online as am not bethered if the SS PS3 gets bannd as it nothing more than a Media centre and LAN gaming console now and never goes online anymore.

You can either create it online on the website or on the console, just remember to disable the syscals before doing so on the PS3 as you will be accessing the PSN Server.

When online don't do anything like mod or cheat and you should be ok but there is no gaurentee of this no matter what you do on CFW. For COD games anti-ban eboot are a thing to use, I use them but shouldn't really be needed if your not modding. Some people can mod for years and not get banned some people do nothing but play normally and have been banned, its always a risk.

For example I have modded on every COD game and other games since CFW and hacking the PS3 has been a thing all them years ago now and am still not banned (Possibly becasue I don't mod in public games only private matches but who knows lol), while other's are not so fortunate. So everything is at your own risk when going online with CFW.

Algol likes this.
  4. 5,766
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Yeah not much you can do about the ban risk aside from PSN Patch and some games namely CoD games have anti-ban eboots.

The only game I know that will ban that game only is Destiny leaving your IDPS safe as well as your account. You can't make new accounts for Destiny if this happens but if you have accounts already made prior to the game ban you can use older ones just not create new ones.

Just don't use cheats or modded eboot files. Use PSN Patch but I suggest using the plugin as it will not allow you online till you have disabled syscalls to avoid going online accidentally till they are disabled. The app will install the plugin but if you are using HEN it requires it to be resigned prior to working as it should.

I got banned once despite not going online to game. Only used Netflix prior to the No-PSN variants and the PSN store so there isn't a sure fire way to avoid this even if you don't game. I was able to reactivate my content using ReActPSN but I lost my PS4 content but luckily I got access back to my Vita content with TheFl0w's NoNPDRM plugin.

I use a PSID from my old CECHA-01's that died years ago just to be safe. Don't use cheats, don't go online without disabling syscalls either. I do t use anti-ban eboots as I don't play those games online but since then I haven't been banned in over 4 years now.

Algol likes this.
  5. 2,663
    Cypher_CG89

Its a force of habit with me now to use them on COD> mainly BO2, plus they are all DEBUG EBOOTs with custom anti-modder things in to ruin things for modders in public matches.

Also I always have my own RTM Tool attached to block my IP, Enable Anti-freeze and anti kick so modders cannot just kick me at random or freeze my PS3 when they are getting tortured and trolled to death. It results in them getting froze or kicked no matter if they have force host on or are using non-host mods. < The feedback effect I call it lol...

I find it odd that I have took the rules, ripped them up, p!ssed on them, set them on fire and then Nuked them and still not banned...???

And from what I remember from working as a games dev I should of been banned LONG ago ... Something don't add up right lol.

Algol likes this.
  6. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

From what i gather Syscalls are information on of all background running processes. And since homebrews are not made by Sony, it will raise red flags as PSN detects these syscalls.

But a simple question. Do i have to close all homebrew apps to disable syscalls? Or blocking syscalls means just stopping the flow of information to PSN?

Can i use Control Fan utility in payload mode? It runs in background. When i enable PSN patch, will PSN patch shutdown this homebrew or will it just stop the flow of information so that PSN doesn't detect while CFU is running?

From my understanding, i have to do this.

1. Install PSN Patch and enable it. (some kind of weird button combination)
    2. Create a PSN account.
    3. After enabling PSN Patch, i should not run any homebrew. Hombrews already already launched before enabling PSN Patch like Control Fan Utility are fine. Am i correct?
    4. Avoid games like Call of Duty as they have their own detection mechanism.

Are all these steps correct?

Also what is the safe way to create PSN account? Through Sony website from PC? Or through PS3 itself?

7. 5,766
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Syscalls are there by Sony but the ones CFW use are not. And bans don't seem to occur nearly as much as they used to probably as the PS3 is dead to Sony. I have never heard of Vita bans and mines been hacked since day one. But it was dead to Sony long before Enso came around. Then they nuked PS Now truly killing the system. Damn you Sony!!

Algol likes this.
  8. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

So PSN Patch acts like a firewall that blocks Syscalls of homebrews and CFW. Am i correct?

Also i want clarity on homebrews running in background. Will Control fan utility be able to run in background or will PSN disable the hombrew all together?

9. 2,663
    Cypher_CG89

On PC would be the safest way, then you just need to make the new user on your PS3 and login when your ready to do so. I have 2 other PSN accounts along with my main one and I made both of these on the PS3 with CFW.

SYSCALS are functions, so yes they are background running processes depending on what it is and whats being run.

PSN Patch has a Homebrew Blocker enabled by default so once you disable the CFW SYSCALs you cannot launch a homebrew app unless you reboot your PS3. As you are using a NON-COBRA CFW then it would be wise to leave this enabled. COBRA does this as well on Cobra CFWs once the CFW SYSCALS are disabled.

As for this am not too sure, I use webMAN MODs manual fan control as it starts as soon as you boot the PS3 and stays on when SYSCALS are disbaled.

There one way to test it safely> enable your can control then disable the SYSCALS it will either keep running or revert back to SYSCON fan control so the fan speed should drop noticably.

Algol likes this.
  10. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I read several places that PSN Patch soft bricks 4.82 cfw. Any other tools for blocking syscalls on 4.82?

11. 11,966
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

that is untrue. psn patch is no longer firmware dependent. it's been that way for a long time.

12. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Are you sure? If anything happens, pinky will be responsible. : )

13. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

14. 11,966
    pinky

well, it never happened to me.

15. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Can i run PSN Patch on 4.82 to go online or do i have to update to 4.84 as someone pointed out above?

16. 11,966
    pinky

afaik, psn patch doesn't have a spoofer. sen enabler does, though. remember that if you update, it's recommended you turn the spoofer off before doing so or it could cause problems.

17. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

But spoofer isn't needed to go online? Or is it?

18. 11,966
    pinky

it will say you need to update if you try going online.

19. 351
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

ok. And Sen Enabler and PSN Patch shouldn't be installed simultaneously? Is it right?

20. 2,663
    Cypher_CG89

Yes.... installing both plugins can cause issues.... I have already explained this to you on another thread... use one or the other not both.

While you can safely have both apps on the PS3 if you install both their plugins at the same time and try and use both is a diferent matter and can cause issue's....

I am on REBUG 4.82.2 and only use PSN Patch BUT that is a different matter altogether how I can go online on a lower FW with out using SEN to spoof my FW version. The point is use one or the other.