PS3 Littlebalup's 4.86 Dual-Boot (DB) firmware released

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 18, 2020.

By STLcardsWS on Apr 18, 2020 at 6:36 PM
  1. 9,631
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer @littlebalup has released a 4.86 Dualboot Firmware. This firmware only of use for current PS3 Custom Firmware user's was an idea originally crafted by @habib several years ago. The purpose was to give Custom Firmware user's a safe way to go online (such as playing your disc based games) without a risk of a ban for using a Custom Firmware.

The Dualboot (DB) firmware is nothing else but an Official Firmware (OFW) . The ONLY difference is that you can RETURN and INSTALL a (4.86) CFW directly (without having to run an exploit again). So this is only useful for those existing CFW user's. To review, basically you install this PUP when you want to be official (for doing things like using PSN) and then re-install your CFW PUP when you want your custom firmware abilities back, such as launching homebrew. Additional details about this firmware can be seen below in the release notes provided by littlebalup

cd_blocked.jpg
    Additional 4.86 Updates and info can be seen in this thread > > > LINK

• Littlebalup's 4.86 Dual Boot firmware
      PUP MD5: 8DA031BAD0382D8BBE4BAE1085784D46

Compatibility:
      • Any PS3 already running a CEX custom firmware

Features:
      • Made from 4.86 OFW (CEX)
      • All the features of the 4.86 OFW (CEX)
      • Same CoreOS files size and structure than OFW
      • Same PUP size and structure than OFW
      • Patched isoldr and spu_pkg_rvk_verifier to allow installation of any 4.86 or higher CFW (CEX)

Installation:
      • Rename the "DB_4.86_littlebalup.PS3UPDAT.PUP" file as "PS3UPDAT.PUP"
      • On a FAT32 formatted USB storage device, create a folder named "PS3". Within that PS3 folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
      • Copy the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file to the UPDATE folder you just created.
      • Verify the MD5 signature of the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file you just copied in the UPDATE folder.
      • Plug the USB storage device to your PS3 then install via [Settings] -> [System Update] -> [Update via Storage Media]
      • Follow the on screen instructions.

Download: Dualboot 4.86 (littlebalup)
    PUP MD5: 8DA031BAD0382D8BBE4BAE1085784D46

Source: psx-place.com

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    bfaster, CFW-Us3r, Woheth and 14 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 18, 2020.

1. DoublesAdvocate
      DoublesAdvocate
      I'm not sure about the NOR consoles but the data sheet for the NAND on the original fat consoles says it has a lifespan of 100,000 write/erase cycles. Unlikely you're ever gonna reach even a 10th of that over 20 years of frequently swapping between CFW and OFW using this method.
    2. Hilltop
      Hilltop
      Anyone?
    3. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      Yes

Very low risk to keep your actual internal hdd. That said it would be maybe better to save your game backups on external HDD.

You can install this firmware from any CFW.
      But you can only install 4.86 & on CFW over this firmware. Then, once you installed a 4.86 & on CFW, you can downgrade to whatever CFW you want, using regular downgrade procedure (QA flag...).
      Algol likes this.
    4. Hilltop
      Hilltop
      Thank you so much for the help. Everything worked fine, I've played journey with my friend but without the fan mod i had in CFW the ps3 overheated and ended up in ylod....
      Now I'm thinking if i could have done something earlier to prevent this, but if it took only one time to cause it i don't think my ps3 was already in good shape...but it's strange, it wasn't an heavily used machine, also because till 4.82 jailbreak i wasn't using it at all because of the dead bluray.
      Well i think I'll give it one minute of silence, in memory of the good old times, this 2020 is not looking good at all
    5. LuanTeles
      LuanTeles
      Does this have the 4.82 webkit?
    6. Louay
      Louay
      No i will send you one :)