Longer Power Cables for PSX/NES/SNES Classics

Discussion in 'PlayStation Classic (Mini-Console)' started by pinky, Aug 5, 2019.

1. 12,149
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. 5,808
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I use a super long one for my PSC but you have to use the 5 pin or 11 pin USB cable. 3 or 4 pin cables won't work. Which longer USB cables tend to be 3 pin cables. If you can find one of the higher pin USB cables in a longer size it will work. Not sure about the (S)NES Mini's as the one I was borrowing I gave back since PSC now supports DraStic and runs it quiet a bit better I haven't seen the need for one of those.

TnA and pinky like this.
  3. 12,149
    pinky

nm. my 10" ps4 power cable seems to work. I guess I'll buy another one of these cables. I just don't want to have the cabinet door open at all times. this should work. here's the link to the cable that works: https://www.ebay.com/itm/272268575892

edit: I bought a white one this time, since my ac adapter is white, and it will make it easier to know which cable I'm using. :D

4. 12,149
    pinky

confirmed: all three work with this cable and w/ 2 ac adapters. an over-the-counter cell phone charger doesn't seem to work or maybe it's when I flashed the devices (dunno).

5. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

2meter works well...
    I think that's round about 6 to 7 feet, but I am not quite sure.

pinky likes this.
  6. 12,149
    pinky

I just need to snake the cable through my entertainment center. I'm going to toggle between the retron 5, nvidia shield tv, nes, snes, and psx classics. the retron 5 is fine. now, the classics are also fine. I just bought a longer power cable for the shield. btw, the length is 10ft. the official cable is around 6ft I believe.

7. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

:D

The shield is cool, but for that extremely low price of the PSC, it is well wort hacking it.

It would be INCREDIBLE, if WLAN, BT and GPS can be activated via a Kernel-Update and be used elsewhere (like in Retroarch, or etc.).

Android would be nice on it as well!

What about overclocking/underclocking and volting?

Btw.: Are the apps 64Bit? The SoC supports that! ;)

It has sooo much more potential and the price is almost as if you'd buy a RasPi (with less RAM, etc.), but a neat 'RetroStation'-case and 2 controller and all with original branding, in a relatively good quality (plastic, production, etc.).

It's almost as if it were made for this and Hackers and Homebrewers!

Nice toy for us @Sony !:nevreness:

pinky likes this.
  8. 12,149
    pinky

I might not hack the psx classic, since I have a working ps2, and it seems like a lot of work to rerip my games. it took me weeks to get the nes and snes classics working well (artwork, all games, fixed checksums, etc.). I had to inject a new version of trials of mana in order to get it to run. it requires retroarch snes 9x 2010 or it will black screen. I think it's due to being an extended rom. all that took a very long time.

I recently got the nvidia shield, so I was a bit lost as to what to download. the filesystem viewer that people suggested was removed from the app store, so I used another one which didn't like mkv audio. after that, I downloaded and installed vlc player, which is what I use on the pc. now, that works with everything.

9. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

• BleemSync Custom Kernel
    • BleemSync Payload
    • AutoBleem 0.60 Beta 3
    That's the combo I use. ;)

It takes 10 Minutes to accomplish, but reading up on it might take 40 Minutes or so.

10. 12,149
    pinky

hmm...I have the genesis mini preordered. I'll probably hack that system as well. though, it seems like every company releasing one of these classic systems actually has good games unlike the psx classic. the neo geo classic is pretty amazing albeit expensive, and I'm really looking forward to the pc engine classic. this was obviously a cash grab moment for sony. they put almost no thought into their system.

11. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Yes, but Sony's choice is a a win-win for hackers and sceners, which can play around with the cheap hardware and Sony has taken some people 'out of the loop', which might be able to hack other consoles/etc.!

pinky likes this.
  12. 12,149
    pinky

I was one of the original people to spend $99.99. I returned it after the price drop, then bought it again at $60, which is still kinda a rip off. the ps4 controller charging cable somehow works. I tried several other cables, which would cause the system to turn on, then off. I have a surge protector in one of my cabinets that I've been using, but since there's no back to the shelf, I plan to snake the power cables around the entertainment center.