Looks Like The Wait Is Finally Here! (360-related)

Discussion in 'XBOX 360' started by pinky, Apr 11, 2015.

1. 12,159
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the latest xbox 360 update, 17335, which is currently in beta testing, will augment the 32GB limit of external drives to 2TB. for anyone who's still on 14699 (the last fw that was needed to play all games) - it may be worth updating once xebuild is updated.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. 12,159
    pinky

oh, for anyone who doesn't know, the 360 would restrict external drives to 32GBs. this wasn't an issue for games when it came to jtag/rgh, but it was an issue with dlc. there was a third party app that increased the size limit to 1TB, but u had to pay for it. it was eventually hacked though, but it's still pretty buggy.

3. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

sounds very good...

thanks for info but here is typo Dash "2.0.16537.0" is the last Fw that is needed to play all games now not "14699"

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  4. 12,159
    pinky

do u mean with a jtag or a normal system? I'm not sure if the library files have been changed or a later sdk is used with any modern games (could be wrong). I never allow my jtag to become outdated though.

also, on a side note, the extension of 2TBs is good for jtag/rgh users as normally dlc (not xbla games) was restricted by Microsoft within the software itself. though, a third-party app allowed usage of 1 or 2TBs, but it seemed to be buggy. anyway, now u can store a lot of dlc on an external hdd. as per my tutorials, I had uploaded a newer database for xm360. if anyone is unaware of that app, it will tell u what dlc/xbla games ur missing by using ur database and container codes to determine what u have and what u don't have. :)

5. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

Yes of course I mean Xbox 360 JTAG/RGH I have one by my self (just look at my signature...)
    first Game that has needed min. Dash v2.0.16537.0 was

(Need For Speed Rivals 22. November 2013 EU release Min Kernel Required: v2.0.16537.0--info got from abgx360)
    since this time almost every newer game till today need only

Min Kernel Required: v2.0.16537.0 there was no more updates in Games since this time till today for what ever reason... the updates in the ($SystemUpdate folder) if you Rip your Games...
    you can rip this update folder from Game but your xbox360 RGH will still need the min Dash Kernel required for this game...

Edit: oh and thanks for updated "xm360" link with xbl/dlc info
    I dont updated this stuff for a long time.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  6. 12,159
    pinky

u r very welcome. :) creating an xm360 database isn't difficult. I have a tutorial for doing that too. it can sometimes be a bit time-consuming with the dlc portion though.

I wasn't aware that a newer kernel was required for some games. I had a friend who'd leave one of his systems on 14699 to test out new games, but I haven't heard from him in a while. I'm not sure y anyone wouldn't update though. there's even an automated tool via wifi for it now. ...but I still update my systems the old-fashioned way. ;) speaking of which, I noticed, based on ur sig, that ur on 16537 (unless that information is outdated). the newest xebuild is for 17150.

edit 1: oh, I almost forgot to mention - abgx is not entirely reliable when it comes to what kernel is required for a specific game. usually, u can just deleted the $SystemUpdate folder and load the game normally. if a game doesn't work (i.e. requires newer library files), u'll usually get the "fatal crash intercepted" error and be brought back to FSD/Aurora/Metro.

edit 2: also, if u have a jtag/rgh, u don't need to use abgx. it's mostly for verifying whether or not a game rip was ripped correctly to avoid being banned online. each game has a unique ss and dmi which verify which game is being used. they're security vectors on the disc. u may have noticed ss v1 and ss v2. ss v1 is an assumed vector considering every game has used the same one (with a unique number of course), but ss v2 is when the vector is actually tested. afaik, the vector has always been the same, but it's best to be safe than sorry I suppose. also, abgx will give u the wave number of each game. for anyone unaware, the wave is an ap feature microsoft uses in order to determine if what ur playing is genuine. each game fits into a specific wave. if ur flashed drive isn't up-to-date, u can alter the wave of a game, so that it will work, but that's a giant red flag for microsoft.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  7. 208
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

Great news ! So we can now use any external HDD as Xbox storage on OFW . I know the limit was 16GB once , now i find it was increased to 32 . When should we expect dashboard 17335 ?

8. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

No the infos on my signatur are not outdated they are all current at the moment...but I see no need in an updated kernel on JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 because here was nothing new (useless updates for offline use) from 16537-17150 only some little online additions nothing more...
    all games work anyways min required kernel was not updated since 16537 so simply do not need it
    which will of course change with the Dash Update "17335" because there will be a real new feature (than its time for a update for me)

Yes your right but the problem is this method might work for some games but not for other! like you wrote some games requires newer library files... so to make everythings work for 99,99% just use min ver required and everythings is fine...

Yes I know I dont need it for JTAG/RGH you have to extract data anyways..

I only use it for information about the games (abgx log contains a lot of information I need some times) for example:

Files total,Total bytes used, System Flags, Min Kernel Required, Game Ratings, XEX Media ID, Avatar Awards + Achievements, Dashboard Languages, Region Code...corrupt data yes/no... everythings in one file (can be handy some times)

oh yes maybe its just my habit because I owned a xkey ODE before.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  9. 12,159
    pinky

I'm not sure when that new update will be released to the public (think it's only been in beta since like the 10th of this month). I believe Major Nelson said it'd be released later this year, so it might be part of the fall update. I know a lot of the time Microsoft will release small beta updates for testers to see if everything works alright before release all the updates as one for the public, so there could be more additions. :)

10. 7,609
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    O_O 32GB? I didn't know about this limitation. i don't understand why lock things like this... But good that M$ now change decision and allow full 2TB.

11. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

the 32GB limitation was there to sell overprised internal HDDs made by MS.
    now xbox 360 is at the end of the lifecycle so it will not hurt them anymore because they sell Xbox Ones now..
    Something like Sony do with the overprised PS Vita memory Cards. Business...

12. 12,159
    pinky

yeah, even jtag/rgh systems were hurt by that limit. u could boot xbla games from an external hdd, but u were restricted when it came to dlc. there was/is an app that allowed u to use either 1 or 2TBs external for dlc, but u had to pay for it. also, it didn't seem to work correctly for some people. unfortunately, u still have to use the xbox 360 file system, fatx, though. however, there r apps that can read fatx on ur computer. originally, u could use the transfer cable to hook up an internal hdd to ur computer for those apps. I've never tried a usb device with fatx since there was no reason to until now.

13. 12,159
    pinky

official xebuild as well as dashlaunch released. UPDATE! I've already updated, but I need a new hdd to take advantage of the dlc. I've been using the one that came with my ps3, which is only 250GB, for xbla games only.

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/u33wx9h4zdip43n/godreborn_db.rar
    updated csv for xm3b0 for the update. it should contain everything based on container numeric. though, u should ignore trials for rock band as they contain unique numerics which r included. I don't believe there's a way not to include them unless u manually remove them from the database. lastly, as per the file name, I think I'd rather be my original handle, godreborn, than pinky. enjoy. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  14. 12,159
    pinky

I finally received a few more hdds in the mail bringing my total storage up to 26TB. :) anyway, it worked! for anyone who's gonna update, make sure u download the official xebuild or xebuild gui as there's another version going around that was cooked up by the coders of xblse. I wouldn't trust that one, 'cause there's no telling what they did to it. here's the official site:

Code:
    http://www.homebrew-connection.org/category/xbox/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]