PS Vita / Ps TV Major_Tom makes Vitamin's source code public (version 1.0)

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by STLcardsWS, May 6, 2017.

1. 8,931
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Darkblade57, pinky, atreyu187 and 2 others like this.
  2. 5,772
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Maybe it can be improved upon as Mai is good but can be a pain. Better to have multiple apps for this as Vitamin still can't dump my carts updates :-(

Darkblade57 likes this.
  3. 1
    Darkblade57

Darkblade57 Member

I hope sb improves it because I have some bought games that need to be dumped(Axiom Verge for example)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

4. 12,016
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

hey @atreyu187 , a friend of mine has a game, doa 5, that seems to work as a vitamin dump but not as a mai dump. it comes up as a demo with the mai dump and u can't play story mode due to that. I tried to fix it, but I was unsuccessful. I had noticed the mai dump was missing the pkg files like head and body.bin. I'm not sure if they're a part of pfs or not, but I assume that they r, because those files r recreated by mai during installation apparently. I was/am looking at the license file for the game that's created when the game bubble is. I'm not sure if the rif file is universal or if it's tied to ur account in this case, because what if u don't have an account? then, there's the license in the license folder of the game that I'm not sure about. I think the demo is somehow related to these files. none of these files were dumped by mai, so I asked for them. could u shed some light on this?

5. 12,016
    pinky

I got the answer from atreyu in a text. the problem is with mai. thanks, my friend.

atreyu187 likes this.
  6. 12,016
    pinky

oh, btw, I noticed that the eboot.bin is now two (perhaps more) elf files combined. the first elf file might be related to pfs. it's zeroed out mostly, but I don't know for sure. that also may be related somehow to checking the rif file for verification. it would seem that any game inserted into the game cart slot is installed which is what the package folder might be responsible for. the package folder is removed with a mai dump but somehow reappears when a mai dump is installed. I don't understand this. this is based on observation, so I may be wrong about this.