Following all the changes that v1.32 introduced to the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, the developer behind the project @Zar is back with a new release with version 1.33, there are several new additions in this build one of the main additions is the added 4.82 DEX Support following the release of 4.82 REBUG REX, The complete changelog for version of ManaGunZ 1.33 can be seen below:
- FIX: reading issue with splitted iso.
- ADDED : 482 DEX Support
- ADDED : Game Option "Join".
- ADDED in FileManager : Option "Join" to join files to the current path.
- Fix : Reduced memory usage to avoid 'random' freeze.
- Fix FileManager : No more deep scan on ISO.
- Fix Filemanager : Scroll bar.
- Fix : MD5/SHA1 of +4GB files
- Fix : Scetool keys file.
- Fix : Issue with cmdID 0x4A.
- Fix : FLOW3D full covers.
- Fix : Shortcut pkg.
- Add : It ask you to load a PS2 CONFIG if it doesn't exist.
- Add : Increased loading speed of PS2 game menu.
- Add FileManager : New buttons map.
- Add FileManager : Click on backup ISO to mount it then it go back to XMB.
- Add FileManager : Dock to left/right/full screen. See note (1).
- Add FileManager : hold X to move the slider.
- Add FileManager : Use R2 to increase move speed of cursor and windows.
- Add : Join or split big files. See note (2).
- Add : Default UI set to XMB.
- Add : Background waves.
- Add : Set alpha of colors.
- Add : (R2+L2) Screenshots saved at '/dev_hdd0/photo/ManaGunZ_XXX.bmp'.
- Add : Check md5 files from ISO with IRD.
- Add : Add/Remove LIMG sector in PS2 iso.
- Add : Choose Font. It search recursivly ttf font in the directories '/dev_flash/data/font' and '/USRDIR/GUI'. See note (3).
- Add : Choose colorset. See note (3).
- Fix FileManager : Convert iso.
- Add FileManager : LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to scroll up/down a page.
- Add FileManager : L1+LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to go to the parent/child folder.
(1) There are 2 ways to do it :
The first one is to open the option menu while the cursor is on the header of the window.
The second is to use the following combo:
(2) Use the copy function in game menu. If the destination is FAT32, the big file will be splitted, if it's not it will be joined.
- Dock to LEFT : Hold R1 + LEFT D-PAD.
- Dock to RIGHT : Hold R1 + RIGHT D-PAD.
- Dock to FULL : Hold R1 + UP D-PAD.
- Restore : Hold R1 + DOWN D-PAD.
In file manager to join files, select ONLY the first file with the extension '66600' then paste it.
(3) To reduce memory use, it won't load 4 themes anymore. Only the theme of the current UI is loaded.
For each theme in each UI, it search for the following files.
When u load the theme it will use the theme font and the first colorset defined in the file. But you'll be able to change them in theme setting menu.
- BG.PNG : Main background
- BGS.PNG : Settting background
- SIDEBAR.PNG : Sidebar background
- FONT.TTF : Font.
- colorset.ini : Set of color used in the homebrew .
XMB UI use more files for the columns : SETTINGS.PNG, FAVORITES.PNG, PS3.PNG, PS2.PNG, PS1.PNG, PSP.PNG.
Also, before loading files from 'common' directory, it will check if these files don't exist in the theme directory.
Additional Info/Support: psx-place.com
By STLcardsWS on Apr 11, 2018 at 9:46 PM
[Released - PS3 StoreHaxx 4.83] A PSID / IDPS Dumping Method for 4.83 by PS3Xploit TeamUPDATE - PS3 StoreHaxx now been released (See included link)
PlayStation Store App with ALL functionality removed! It has been modified to only display the Unique Console ID (IDPS & PSID) and nothing else.
Coming Soon (original Article): As the PS3Xploit team continues the journey in an effort to bring PS3Xploit Tools and Hacks from 4.82 firmware to 4.83, a mission that is in development currently from @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w. During the research the team has stumbled upon a trick they decided to share very soon with everyone that entails the dumping of IDPS / PSID on 4.83 and lower and also is compatible with both Official Firmware & Custom Firmware along with any model PS3 Console. There is no exploit within this "release", this is only a funny poc to show that the Store app has untapped potential BUT this release DOES NOT bring us any closer to CFW installations from OFW 4.83 or the ability to use etHANol (aka HAN) hacks whatsoever. The team is currently still working on those other tasks and while there has been progress in their research for 4.83, it's a long journey and there are No Guarantees or Estimated Time of Arrivals.Continue reading
[10x Update Jan. 20] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe10x UPDATE (January 20) - Now the 10th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: