Developer @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.
ScreenShot of 3D-Cover Flow UI for Game Management
ManaGunZ v1.37 - Released on Sept. 11
- Add : Support the firmware 4.85C.
- Fix : Issue with syscall 35. It fix the function to mount JB backups with cobra or mamba, among others.
- Fix FileManager : Issue to open /dev_bdvd.
- Add FileManager : Symbolic links. See Notes (1).
(1) It use cobra/mamba syscall 35.
For example if you want to redirect app_home to dev_bdvd
ManaGunZ v1.36 - Released on Aug. 23
- _ Select app_home (square)
- _ Option (triangle) then select "SymLink source" (cross)
- _ Select dev_bdvd (square)
- _ Option (triangle) then select "Symlink target" (cross)
- Add : Support PS3HEN. I removed every feature unsupported by the HEN (tested on HEN 2.3.1).
- Add : Updated widescreen db from pcsx2 github.
- Add : If you don't use R2 to manage speed, the speed is increased when you hold a button.
- Add : For UI FLOW, a scroll bar appears when you browse quickly your backups list.
- Add : Changed VRAM mapping to manage more backups. See notes(1).
- Add : Show RGBA values when you edit a color.
- Change : When you hold circle to quit, there is only one loading ring instead of 3.
- Add : You can add a color filter on some pictures. See notes (2).
- Add : Settings menu is splitted in 3 level instead of 2.
- Add : Platform filter for UI XMB.
- Fix : It scan dev_cf (compact flash) instead of dev_cd.
- Add : 'Yes/No' settings are replaced by a toggle.
- Add : New theme icons for the toggle.
- Fix : Rawseciso isn't a fself anymore. It fix issue with iso from ntfs with a PS3HEN.
- Fix : Issue with ps2 elf crc. It fix several issues with iso patching options like when 'disable widescreen' was unavailable.
- Fix : Pnach wasn't properly translated to .CONFIG, wrong endianness in replacement opcode.
- Fix : To avoid issues with some characters, the name of game settings files use title_id instead of title.
- Remove : I removed "Shortcut pkg" option because it's broken. I'll fix it later.
- Add FileManager : More informations of devices : capacity, file system, name, label, writable.
- Add FileManager : Several predefined root display is available. Also, you can customize your own display in settings.
- Add FileManager : Specifics options are available if you select several files with the same extension. For example, you can extract 3 pkg in a row.
- Add FileManager : New theme icons used for the closebox, the dockbox and the cursor.
- Add FileManager : Support UTF8 filename and also their content with the TXTviewer.
- Add OffsetFinder : It generate every files to update managunz to a new firmware. Type 'make update'.
(1) Every game pictures are stored in a 512KB slot memory in bitmap format.
For Flow3D, it's stored in 2MB slots, there is less slots.
The dimention of the game pictures is limited.
We can calculate its size = Width x Height x Pitch
I use ARGB texture, the pitch is 4.
The picture size must respect :
Width x Height < 0x20000 = (512 x 1024) /4
And in Flow3D :
Width x Height < 0x80000 = (2 x 1024 x 1024) /4
To not have any memory issue, I suggest you to use the following dimensions:
(2) You can choose the color filter with (R1) in settings.
Picture Width Height ICON0 320 176 COVER PS1 250 250 COVER PS2 250 350 COVER PS3 260 300 COVER PSP 200 340 COVER3D PS1 FRONT 450 450 COVER3D PS1 BACK 600 450 COVER3D PS2 570 850 COVER3D PS3 525 950 COVER3D PSP 800 640
It's available for BG, BGS, SIDEBAR, BOXBODY, BOXHEAD and NOTIF pictures.
You can add these colors in colorset.ini file too.
They are named COLOR_BG, COLOR_BGS, COLOR_SIDEBAR, COLOR_BOXBODY, COLOR_BOXHEAD and COLOR_NOTIF.
If you don't write a colors in colorset.ini it will be disabled.
Source Code: https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ
Release / Support Thread @: psx-place.com/forums/...
Additional information pertaining to 4.85 firmware > > > HERE
PS3 ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by Zar
By STLcardsWS on Sep 11, 2019 at 6:35 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: