Developer @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.
ScreenShot of 3D-Cover Flow UI for Game Management
ManaGunZ v1.37 - Released on Sept. 11
- Add : Support the firmware 4.85C.
- Fix : Issue with syscall 35. It fix the function to mount JB backups with cobra or mamba, among others.
- Fix FileManager : Issue to open /dev_bdvd.
- Add FileManager : Symbolic links. See Notes (1).
(1) It use cobra/mamba syscall 35.
For example if you want to redirect app_home to dev_bdvd
ManaGunZ v1.36 - Released on Aug. 23
- _ Select app_home (square)
- _ Option (triangle) then select "SymLink source" (cross)
- _ Select dev_bdvd (square)
- _ Option (triangle) then select "Symlink target" (cross)
- Add : Support PS3HEN. I removed every feature unsupported by the HEN (tested on HEN 2.3.1).
- Add : Updated widescreen db from pcsx2 github.
- Add : If you don't use R2 to manage speed, the speed is increased when you hold a button.
- Add : For UI FLOW, a scroll bar appears when you browse quickly your backups list.
- Add : Changed VRAM mapping to manage more backups. See notes(1).
- Add : Show RGBA values when you edit a color.
- Change : When you hold circle to quit, there is only one loading ring instead of 3.
- Add : You can add a color filter on some pictures. See notes (2).
- Add : Settings menu is splitted in 3 level instead of 2.
- Add : Platform filter for UI XMB.
- Fix : It scan dev_cf (compact flash) instead of dev_cd.
- Add : 'Yes/No' settings are replaced by a toggle.
- Add : New theme icons for the toggle.
- Fix : Rawseciso isn't a fself anymore. It fix issue with iso from ntfs with a PS3HEN.
- Fix : Issue with ps2 elf crc. It fix several issues with iso patching options like when 'disable widescreen' was unavailable.
- Fix : Pnach wasn't properly translated to .CONFIG, wrong endianness in replacement opcode.
- Fix : To avoid issues with some characters, the name of game settings files use title_id instead of title.
- Remove : I removed "Shortcut pkg" option because it's broken. I'll fix it later.
- Add FileManager : More informations of devices : capacity, file system, name, label, writable.
- Add FileManager : Several predefined root display is available. Also, you can customize your own display in settings.
- Add FileManager : Specifics options are available if you select several files with the same extension. For example, you can extract 3 pkg in a row.
- Add FileManager : New theme icons used for the closebox, the dockbox and the cursor.
- Add FileManager : Support UTF8 filename and also their content with the TXTviewer.
- Add OffsetFinder : It generate every files to update managunz to a new firmware. Type 'make update'.
(1) Every game pictures are stored in a 512KB slot memory in bitmap format.
For Flow3D, it's stored in 2MB slots, there is less slots.
The dimention of the game pictures is limited.
We can calculate its size = Width x Height x Pitch
I use ARGB texture, the pitch is 4.
The picture size must respect :
Width x Height < 0x20000 = (512 x 1024) /4
And in Flow3D :
Width x Height < 0x80000 = (2 x 1024 x 1024) /4
To not have any memory issue, I suggest you to use the following dimensions:
(2) You can choose the color filter with (R1) in settings.
Picture Width Height ICON0 320 176 COVER PS1 250 250 COVER PS2 250 350 COVER PS3 260 300 COVER PSP 200 340 COVER3D PS1 FRONT 450 450 COVER3D PS1 BACK 600 450 COVER3D PS2 570 850 COVER3D PS3 525 950 COVER3D PSP 800 640
It's available for BG, BGS, SIDEBAR, BOXBODY, BOXHEAD and NOTIF pictures.
You can add these colors in colorset.ini file too.
They are named COLOR_BG, COLOR_BGS, COLOR_SIDEBAR, COLOR_BOXBODY, COLOR_BOXHEAD and COLOR_NOTIF.
If you don't write a colors in colorset.ini it will be disabled.
Source Code: https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ
Release / Support Thread @: psx-place.com/forums/...
Additional information pertaining to 4.85 firmware > > > HERE
PS3 ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by Zar
By STLcardsWS on Sep 11, 2019 at 6:35 PM
ReDream (DreamCast Emulator) Early Stages of porting to VITA & PSTV (RetroArch) from RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante whom we recently interviewed in the Power Supply Series and who has ported a Nintendo 64 emulator to the PS Vita / PS TV recently with the release of Deadalus x64. Has another emulation project that many will be excited for as this shapes up, especially after seeing the great progress of d x64's n64 emulation so far to this point. Now ReDream (A Sega Dreamcast Emulator) is being ported to the PS Vita as a libretro core running on RetroArch (Vita), so far its early progress, However, it looks like potential could be untapped from a developer who has some experience with the platform and emulation porting.. So far its rendering of graphics are in the early stages, so stay tuned for more progress reports from the developer..
Until then tell us in the comments below what is your favorite Dreamcast Game or memories from SEGA last hardware adventure.Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.38 - 4.86 CFW (CEX) / HEN Support + Picture Viewer + several fixes from developer ZarFollowing the previous update of ManaGunz, homebrew developer and creator @Zar of the project has updated the popular ps3 homebrew to version 1.38, this update provides full 4.86 support (CFW CEX + HEN). Also in this update an added feature for viewing pictures (PictureViewer) in various formats that include DDS / GTF / BMP / WEBP / TIFF / GIM / TGA and other's as well. This update also provides several fixes; now in the file manager within ManaGunZ the scroll bar is now visible, also a fix to a language bug has been provided. See all the changes in this latest update in a popular AIO homebrew manager. multiMAN and IRISMAN are great choices as well for the PS3 but ManaGunZ is a popular choice as well. All 3 apps give a very diiferent approach and unique experience and also exclusive features.
Developer @Zar still have plans for the project and some features in development did not make the cut in this version but could seen possiably in a future update as the developer states with this release here in the psx-place forums that " The features I was working on, like dump BR, are disabled because I didn't finish yet.". So that is something that hopefully we see from this hobbyist developer when time allows. Until then checkout what the developer has brought us in v1.38 below in the included changelogContinue reading
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
All in one - Scans a package folder and serves them onto your PS3's XMB, Breaking the 4GB barrier!
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett