Developer @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.
ScreenShot of 3D-Cover Flow UI for Game Management
ManaGunZ v1.37 - Released on Sept. 11
- Add : Support the firmware 4.85C.
- Fix : Issue with syscall 35. It fix the function to mount JB backups with cobra or mamba, among others.
- Fix FileManager : Issue to open /dev_bdvd.
- Add FileManager : Symbolic links. See Notes (1).
(1) It use cobra/mamba syscall 35.
For example if you want to redirect app_home to dev_bdvd
ManaGunZ v1.36 - Released on Aug. 23
- _ Select app_home (square)
- _ Option (triangle) then select "SymLink source" (cross)
- _ Select dev_bdvd (square)
- _ Option (triangle) then select "Symlink target" (cross)
- Add : Support PS3HEN. I removed every feature unsupported by the HEN (tested on HEN 2.3.1).
- Add : Updated widescreen db from pcsx2 github.
- Add : If you don't use R2 to manage speed, the speed is increased when you hold a button.
- Add : For UI FLOW, a scroll bar appears when you browse quickly your backups list.
- Add : Changed VRAM mapping to manage more backups. See notes(1).
- Add : Show RGBA values when you edit a color.
- Change : When you hold circle to quit, there is only one loading ring instead of 3.
- Add : You can add a color filter on some pictures. See notes (2).
- Add : Settings menu is splitted in 3 level instead of 2.
- Add : Platform filter for UI XMB.
- Fix : It scan dev_cf (compact flash) instead of dev_cd.
- Add : 'Yes/No' settings are replaced by a toggle.
- Add : New theme icons for the toggle.
- Fix : Rawseciso isn't a fself anymore. It fix issue with iso from ntfs with a PS3HEN.
- Fix : Issue with ps2 elf crc. It fix several issues with iso patching options like when 'disable widescreen' was unavailable.
- Fix : Pnach wasn't properly translated to .CONFIG, wrong endianness in replacement opcode.
- Fix : To avoid issues with some characters, the name of game settings files use title_id instead of title.
- Remove : I removed "Shortcut pkg" option because it's broken. I'll fix it later.
- Add FileManager : More informations of devices : capacity, file system, name, label, writable.
- Add FileManager : Several predefined root display is available. Also, you can customize your own display in settings.
- Add FileManager : Specifics options are available if you select several files with the same extension. For example, you can extract 3 pkg in a row.
- Add FileManager : New theme icons used for the closebox, the dockbox and the cursor.
- Add FileManager : Support UTF8 filename and also their content with the TXTviewer.
- Add OffsetFinder : It generate every files to update managunz to a new firmware. Type 'make update'.
(1) Every game pictures are stored in a 512KB slot memory in bitmap format.
For Flow3D, it's stored in 2MB slots, there is less slots.
The dimention of the game pictures is limited.
We can calculate its size = Width x Height x Pitch
I use ARGB texture, the pitch is 4.
The picture size must respect :
Width x Height < 0x20000 = (512 x 1024) /4
And in Flow3D :
Width x Height < 0x80000 = (2 x 1024 x 1024) /4
To not have any memory issue, I suggest you to use the following dimensions:
(2) You can choose the color filter with (R1) in settings.
Picture Width Height ICON0 320 176 COVER PS1 250 250 COVER PS2 250 350 COVER PS3 260 300 COVER PSP 200 340 COVER3D PS1 FRONT 450 450 COVER3D PS1 BACK 600 450 COVER3D PS2 570 850 COVER3D PS3 525 950 COVER3D PSP 800 640
It's available for BG, BGS, SIDEBAR, BOXBODY, BOXHEAD and NOTIF pictures.
You can add these colors in colorset.ini file too.
They are named COLOR_BG, COLOR_BGS, COLOR_SIDEBAR, COLOR_BOXBODY, COLOR_BOXHEAD and COLOR_NOTIF.
If you don't write a colors in colorset.ini it will be disabled.
Source Code: https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ
Release / Support Thread @: psx-place.com/forums/...
Additional information pertaining to 4.85 firmware > > > HERE
PS3 ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by Zar
By STLcardsWS on Sep 11, 2019 at 6:35 PM
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
[New PS2 Exploit] Hacking the PS2 using Yabasic on (PAL) demo disc ( by Cturt )The PlayStation 2 is still in the cross-hairs for many developer's in the homebrew scene, hacker Cturt known for his work with PlayStation 4 exploits has turned his attention to the PS2. The motive for this exploration was to provide a "slightly more convenient" way to execute homebrew on the PS2 and also with the newer consoles being hacked via webkit exploitation and the PAL models Ps2 demo disc that contain Yabasic, the hacker seen the potential and now that potential has came to fruition with the release of this write up of exploiting a PS2 with Yabasic on a PS2 Demo Disc in PAL regions. The developer states in NTSC there may be a future solution (as mentioned in the conclusion of the writeup)Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.4.0 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.85.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (10-07-2019): Version 2.4.0 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Terry Allen McAbee