Maybe Pinky's Wii-U Tutorials

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Jun 4, 2016.

1. 11,625
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I'm not sure what to put here other than hosting ur own files, spoofing, saviine, etc. there's something, but I might want to finish my 360 tutorials like the xuid for avatar stuff. heh, my avatar has dual light sabres with that one. I'm interested in what people want to know though. I'm just passing my knowledge and adding to it/them when I can. I never played much on the ps3/360, but I did a lot on the wii-U - my favorite system outside of the retron. I bought mega man x3 and mega man 7 on the Wii-U due to its ridiculous cost to buy the carts for the retron. anyway, let me know what u'd like to see with any system really. ...or just ask me a question if u have one from another tutorial. I don't mind either way. :)

2. 285
    Phil

Phil Member

Is there anything I can do with my wii u on 5.5.1E yet like homebrew or to back up my games etc.

3. 7,568
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    bitsbubba likes this.
  4. 11,625
    pinky

here's a helpful bit of info that might make it into a tutorial: if u use vita update blocker along with mongoose, normally, there will be a conflict (both using port 8080 by default). however, there's a way around this by going into mongoose's advanced settings and changing the listening port. the ip is the ip given to ur laptop/pc by the router which is what both apps will use to connect through ur computer, but the port can be changed to allow both to use the same computer. u may need to use a different port as well with cc proxy (not sure). I'm using port 8080 with vita update blocker, 808 with cc proxy, and 12345 with mongoose. :)

5. 11,625
    pinky

not sure if I'd want to start with this, but I thought hacking the virtual wii might be a good tutorial to start with. I'm somewhat fearful of writing such a tutorial (missing a step) though, because there's no priiloader or the like to fix something if something goes wrong. there's a way to dump the wii nand, but I'm not sure if there's a way to reflash it without a hard mod. if the virtual wii gets corrupted, apparently, the wii-u won't update. it will error if attempted.

6. 11,625
    pinky

maybe loadiine is a good tutorial to start with? using the latest nightly build while also using mongoose to host the www folder. :p

7. 11,625
    pinky

I finally got around to hacking the vWii fully. I had installed the homebrew channel via the smash stack, but I didn't install the cios 'til today. maybe I should make a tutorial on that since it's fresh in my memory? I also discovered that my usb selector works! I have the same hdd plugged into both the Wii and the Wii-U. I just have to push a switch to change between them. :-p I was told that it couldn't work, but it does. u have to either turn off the hdd or flip the switch again to use the Wii-U content. it doesn't matter when ur using the virtual Wii since it reads a specific usb port instead of all four. I think u can format the drive to use more than one, but the virtual Wii uses wbfs or fat32, not the Wii-U file system.

also, I recently noticed that u can install redNAND now. I'll probably do that next weekend; then, post a tutorial on it. ;)