Maybe the ultimate 3ds hack

Discussion in '3DS' started by pinky, Feb 28, 2016.

1. 10,232
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

it's like freeboot on the 360 which boots an exploitable hypervisor during the boot process overriding the actual hypervisor on the system. u still need to update using a hacked dash kernel though. u can't just update with a normal system update or it will remove the hack. ;)

I'm thinking about installing an ftp app on my 3ds. whenever u update luma, it removes the boot animation by adding .bak to the file and replacing it. I don't like always having to find a screw driver to take the back off to get at the micro sd. btw, u know u can install nds forwarders (need a flash cart for the ds though). they install to the twl like dsi software. they're around 1.2MBs apiece, but ur limited to 40 anyway.

2. 10,232
    pinky

@Joonie @stussy , it looks like v4 of a9lh is out which is sd card less. I'm going to install that tomorrow. apparently, the old 3ds can only install up to v3 by itself, but once that's installed, u can install v4. I'm not sure y that is.

stussy likes this.
  3. 2,889
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

yeah seen that a while ago, we can now insert payloads inside CTRNAND itself. Though I haven't tried it yet due to laziness.

Besides I don't mess with PSTV, VITA or N3DS anymore.. Probably I'll end up selling all of them.. maybe just keep the PSVITA.

pinky likes this.
  4. 10,232
    pinky

I rarely play any system but the wii-u, but I love hacking each and every one. ;)

btw, I figured out y cfw and sign_patcher on the wii-u weren't working for me. the tickets I installed - they were installed to redNAND instead of sysNAND, so the ticket isn't being found by cfw or sign_patcher. I read that someone else had the same issue which is how I found out. I hope someday there would be ticketless cfw/sign_patcher. :-p

Joonie likes this.
  5. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Lol v4 I'm still on v1 I think how do you upgrade from 1 do you have to reflash or is it just a simple file you put on SD ?

pinky likes this.
  6. 10,232
    pinky

u have to put certain files on ur sd card to update. it's very easy actually. ...just make sure all files coincide with one another. my old 3ds is on v1 since gateway works with it. my n3ds is on v3.

stussy likes this.
  7. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Just updated to v4 was a headache was over an hour then realized I had an outdated FBI as I couldn't find the hax folder ahh well thats what happens when you don't keep up to date :)

pinky likes this.
  8. 10,232
    pinky

I just updated. over an hour? was it due to FBI being outdated? u were on v1, right? that might give me some idea by how old ur FBI install was. ;)

edit: it's nice to have it SD card-less now, but it's unlikely we'd be using the system without the micro SD card. ;) I noticed that u need to rename arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9payload.bin if ur using boot animations. it will override the si arm9loaderhax.bin.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    stussy likes this.
  9. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Yeah my FBI was 1.4 the new one has deeper find as the old one couldn't see the folder
    Worked fine in the end
    Yeah I can't see my self using it without a SD as well either
    Didn't no that you had to rename to have a boot animation I used to have one but got lazy when updating luma might look at installing one again thanks for the heads up :)

pinky likes this.
  10. 10,232
    pinky

I'm not sure which version I'm using. there r some alternatives like content manager (big blue) and dev menu. both can install cia files. I'm not sure if u can copy and paste though as I've never done that 'til copying a9lh to the ctr NAND root. I guess one good thing about it being SD card less is that ur system won't turn into a brick if the SD card fails. though, I did make backups just in case. ;) I just made another backup of my ps3's nor 4.80.

stussy likes this.
  11. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

That's one system I haven't used for a while my ps3
    True that if a SD fails
    Would be good way to recover but as you stated always good to have back ups in multi places but at some stage you sometimes forget where you put them :)

pinky likes this.
  12. 10,232
    pinky

my usenet rss feeds have cluttered my four hdds connected to my laptop. they downloaded everything that contained keywords until there was no room left. :-p I'm trying to make sure I have enough room on at least two of the hdds/laptop hdd with my NAND/NOR backups. I've got my 360, ps3, 3ds, wii, and wii u backed up. I my vita's idps as well. I still need to grab my pstv's.

yeah, I didn't like how u had to have an SD card inserted, just in case something went wrong.

13. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

That's another console I have to update my rgh used to use it a lot back when I had link to play online was a bit laggy at times but had fun :)

pinky likes this.
  14. 10,232
    pinky

I have a tutorial on how to update with xebuild gui or through xebuild via command lines. if u don't know anything about ur system, u should go the gui route as the system will be able to detect motherboard type, smc, dash kernel version, etc. by the NAND dump. there's also an automated method via ftp. I've never done that one. I like the manual way. :)

stussy likes this.
  15. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Last time I did was automated root was a lot easier then the manual way but was a while back
    Also fixed booting into xell as when I got it couldn't yeah its a corona motherboard can also get a lot of the information thru dash launch if I can remember seeing some there

pinky likes this.
  16. 10,232
    pinky

that's good. ur talking about xell reloaded, right? the original xell won't come up unless ur using av cables. could that have been the issue?

17. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Original xell on boot up by pushing eject booting up with HDMI. Wasn't working with any av or hdmi before just checked my rgh is on 16747 and just checked my other wasabi Xbox 360 and just got a update its on 17511.0
    I remember reeding up they had a problem booting it up on corona motherboards and later down the track they fixed them which. I Was able to fix my one
    Its a special corona xell reloaded version

18. 10,232
    pinky

yeah, the original xell won't appear on screen with hdmi/vga, only the normal av cable. xell reloaded and xellous will boot vita hdmi though. u can choose which of the three u want to create with the updflash.bin file. there's a new update to the console? the latest I know of is 17502. I was not aware of that xell issue with corona motherboards. corona v2 would be third generation slim, correct? I know first gen is trinity followed by corona I believe. then, I think it's winchester unless there's something in between those. I stopped reading up on each motherboard generation for the 360 once I was banned from 360iso. :-p

stussy likes this.
  19. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Yeah the update just came out today for me just a small one
    Yeah third corona v2

pinky likes this.
  20. 10,232
    pinky

do u know what it does? we should expect an updated xebuild then. one of the recent updates either 16xxx or 17xxx increased the space u could use for dlc on an external hdd from 32GB to 2TBs. that's definitely something that makes it worth updating. there was a tool, by I think supermodder, that allowed 2TB drives to be partitioned before the update was released, but the guy charged $30 for his tool. a hacker hacked the tool allowing people to use it for free though. lol

stussy likes this.