There has been a PS4 developer's known as Znullptr who has ported several emulators to the PS4 (jailbroken) already with systems like the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast & PS1 to name a few of the ps4 homebrew ports present on the GameOS side of the console (ps4). We know already that emulation via PS4 Linux is capable of running many more emulators like RetroArch (Linux) for example, but lets be honest ps4linux can be a bit of process to get up and running when you power on your console for some quick convient play. So when we see new things on the PS4's main menu that is exciting to see, when its in regards to emulation especially.
This time around the dev decided to port a popular multi-system emulator, no not RetroArch but Mednafen, originally the port was released some weeks ago by port developer Znullptr and presented to us by Markus95 and since @Markus95 has seen presented some improvements with regards to the cfg file that has fixed several broken platforms (Virtual Boy, WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color) due to the control scheme that was not compatible with the DualShock 4 layout, with a re-configured "mednafen.cfg" file those issue are eliminated. There has been 4 player support added also and a few new tweaks Markus95 plans on addressing via future tweaks of the cfg file.
Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Port)
- Addition of the Virtual Boy (button A = L1 and button B = R1)
- Added the Wonderswam and Wonderswam color emulators
- 3/4 players available
- Addition of rapid-fire
- 2 players available for all home consoles
- Functional L2, R2, L3 and R3 keys for Playstation emulation
- Functional X, Y and Z keys for Megadrive emulation (L1 = X _ Triangle = Y _ R1 = Z)
- Added button select (L2) and inversion buttons A and B for Nes emulation
Emulators that are working full speed:
(Also Full Screen Support/ Scanline Support)
- Nintendo NES/Famicom,
- Sega Master System,
- Sega Genesis / Megadrive ,
- Super Nintendo /Famicom,
- NEC PC Engine/ TurboGrafX-1
- NEC PC Engine FX.
- Following does not support full screen (full screen maybe possible to adjust it in the .cfg file, but I personally preferred to simply enlarge the image because the full screen sting your eyes ... -( via Markus95 @logic-sunrise)
- Nintendo Gameboy
- Nintendo Gameboy Color
- Sega Game Gear
- SNK Neo Geo
- Atari Lynx
- Bandai WonderSwan / Color
- Nintendo VirtualBoy
Emulator with issues:
- PlayStation 1: Some games are playable and some are not, also there is differences if you have a PS4 PRO or Slim models more info on PS1 can be seen in the PS1 Tab of this post.
- Saturn: is not working at all
PS1 emulation. (via @Markus95 @ logic-sunrise (translated))
- There are some points to clarify, before all the full screen is only oddly possible on some games, and made a black screen on others, so I had to find the right setting of screen to run ALL games without black screen.
- Another important point, the fullspeed is only effective on PS4 Pro , indeed on Slim and Fat, the games are playable but jerk a little, as well as the sound. (Comparison of the 2 videos below to see the difference)
- Last info, you must have a .cue of your .iso, .img or .bin to launch your game, you create them yourself.
PlayStation 1 Emulation Comparison on PS4 FAT/SLIM and PRO models
PS4 FAT/ SLIM
- PS4 Pro (only) Mednafen works on Pro BUT only in 1080p or less .
- Kernel Panic - Unfortunately the concern of KP is always present, more rare than with the .self version but always there. Once on average 10 when you leave the emulator you will have this famous KP (Kernel Panic). (via @Markus95 )
Assuming you have a jailbroken console on 5.05 firmware (or 5.07 for some regions)
Installing CFG file update (note: v0.3 update)
- Install the fpkg (via pkg installation in debug settings of your exploited PS4)
- Copy the Mednafen Folder to the root of a USB storage device from the download.
- Transfer roms (via USB or FTP) to "data/....". folder of your PS4 internal drive (they can be group in console folders if you like from there).
- Some platforms will need BIOS files (don't ask here), they are placed on your USB storage device in the Mednafen folder then from there "firmware/...."
- Now to install the update. (note v0.3)
- To install this new update, download (v0.3 update) unzip the archive and copy the mednafen.cfg file to your USB key in the mednafen / ... folder.
- https://mednafen.github.io/ (Learn more about the Mednafen project and usage of emulators) (Main project site, not PS4 sperfic)
- Znullptr (Port Developer), https://www.patreon.com/znullptr
- PKG Download: Mednafen (PS4 Port) - (version 0.1 - apply update below see installation tab)
- Update file v0.3 (cfg): Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Update cfg file )
PS4 Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Homebrew) - Multi-System Emulator adds support for new emulation
By STLcardsWS on Dec 7, 2019 at 12:54 PM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: