There has been a PS4 developer's known as Znullptr who has ported several emulators to the PS4 (jailbroken) already with systems like the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast & PS1 to name a few of the ps4 homebrew ports present on the GameOS side of the console (ps4). We know already that emulation via PS4 Linux is capable of running many more emulators like RetroArch (Linux) for example, but lets be honest ps4linux can be a bit of process to get up and running when you power on your console for some quick convient play. So when we see new things on the PS4's main menu that is exciting to see, when its in regards to emulation especially.
This time around the dev decided to port a popular multi-system emulator, no not RetroArch but Mednafen, originally the port was released some weeks ago by port developer Znullptr and presented to us by Markus95 and since @Markus95 has seen presented some improvements with regards to the cfg file that has fixed several broken platforms (Virtual Boy, WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color) due to the control scheme that was not compatible with the DualShock 4 layout, with a re-configured "mednafen.cfg" file those issue are eliminated. There has been 4 player support added also and a few new tweaks Markus95 plans on addressing via future tweaks of the cfg file.
Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Port)
- Addition of the Virtual Boy (button A = L1 and button B = R1)
- Added the Wonderswam and Wonderswam color emulators
- 3/4 players available
- Addition of rapid-fire
- 2 players available for all home consoles
- Functional L2, R2, L3 and R3 keys for Playstation emulation
- Functional X, Y and Z keys for Megadrive emulation (L1 = X _ Triangle = Y _ R1 = Z)
- Added button select (L2) and inversion buttons A and B for Nes emulation
Emulators that are working full speed:
(Also Full Screen Support/ Scanline Support)
- Nintendo NES/Famicom,
- Sega Master System,
- Sega Genesis / Megadrive ,
- Super Nintendo /Famicom,
- NEC PC Engine/ TurboGrafX-1
- NEC PC Engine FX.
- Following does not support full screen (full screen maybe possible to adjust it in the .cfg file, but I personally preferred to simply enlarge the image because the full screen sting your eyes ... -( via Markus95 @logic-sunrise)
- Nintendo Gameboy
- Nintendo Gameboy Color
- Sega Game Gear
- SNK Neo Geo
- Atari Lynx
- Bandai WonderSwan / Color
- Nintendo VirtualBoy
Emulator with issues:
- PlayStation 1: Some games are playable and some are not, also there is differences if you have a PS4 PRO or Slim models more info on PS1 can be seen in the PS1 Tab of this post.
- Saturn: is not working at all
PS1 emulation. (via @Markus95 @ logic-sunrise (translated))
- There are some points to clarify, before all the full screen is only oddly possible on some games, and made a black screen on others, so I had to find the right setting of screen to run ALL games without black screen.
- Another important point, the fullspeed is only effective on PS4 Pro , indeed on Slim and Fat, the games are playable but jerk a little, as well as the sound. (Comparison of the 2 videos below to see the difference)
- Last info, you must have a .cue of your .iso, .img or .bin to launch your game, you create them yourself.
PlayStation 1 Emulation Comparison on PS4 FAT/SLIM and PRO models
PS4 FAT/ SLIM
- PS4 Pro (only) Mednafen works on Pro BUT only in 1080p or less .
- Kernel Panic - Unfortunately the concern of KP is always present, more rare than with the .self version but always there. Once on average 10 when you leave the emulator you will have this famous KP (Kernel Panic). (via @Markus95 )
Assuming you have a jailbroken console on 5.05 firmware (or 5.07 for some regions)
Installing CFG file update (note: v0.3 update)
- Install the fpkg (via pkg installation in debug settings of your exploited PS4)
- Copy the Mednafen Folder to the root of a USB storage device from the download.
- Transfer roms (via USB or FTP) to "data/....". folder of your PS4 internal drive (they can be group in console folders if you like from there).
- Some platforms will need BIOS files (don't ask here), they are placed on your USB storage device in the Mednafen folder then from there "firmware/...."
- Now to install the update. (note v0.3)
- To install this new update, download (v0.3 update) unzip the archive and copy the mednafen.cfg file to your USB key in the mednafen / ... folder.
- https://mednafen.github.io/ (Learn more about the Mednafen project and usage of emulators) (Main project site, not PS4 sperfic)
- Znullptr (Port Developer), https://www.patreon.com/znullptr
- PKG Download: Mednafen (PS4 Port) - (version 0.1 - apply update below see installation tab)
- Update file v0.3 (cfg): Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Update cfg file )
PS4 Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Homebrew) - Multi-System Emulator adds support for new emulation
By STLcardsWS on Dec 7, 2019 at 12:54 PM
[UPDATE 4] PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitUpdate (4) Now supporting 4.86 Fully & Issue fixed with NAND console's in rare situations
You may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
[UPDATE-4.86] PS3HEN v3.0.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.86.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (04-02-2020): Version 3.0.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v3 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 3.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
4.86.1 REBUG LITE EDITION + REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.04 MULTI RELEASEDIt has been a busy week and especially for the PS3, First we had introduction of bguerville PS3 Toolset (which introduce a new ps3 Exploit along with some powerful tools). Then we had 4.86 Official Firmware dropped (no exploits patched) Then developer @Joonie of Team Rebug was quick to release an updated HybridFirmWare (for PS3HEN user's when an update to PS3HEN arrives for those nonCFW models) and now the developer follows that with the release of 4.86.1 REBUG LITE Edition, supplying us with one of the best firmware as the first option for 4.86 Custom Firmware Choices. This CFW comes equipped Cobra 8.2 payload, this payload provides various features some of those highlights include background running plugins, burnt optical media support as well as ISO Support are a few of the many Cobra features included in v8.2. The release details found below detail the various features & patches found in this CFW release. Also it's worth checking out at the download location (link below) the additional info and ":how to" information pertaining to use of REBUG LITE's CFW functionality. Note: that currently as of writing this some homebrew still needs to catch up fully for 4.86 support to on par with 4.85 and previous FW's . So it's not advised to rush in quite yet, if some bugs discourage you,. Until then, keep a watch HERE as those updates roll through, since there was no kernel changes to the 4.86 update most homebrew should still be functional on 4.86 with no update but some could have minor/moderate issues.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: