VITA / PsTV Memory card needs formatted loop

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by SR4NK4R, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 24
    SR4NK4R

SR4NK4R Forum Noob

I have a ps vita 3.60 henkaku with sd2vita (ux0) & official memory card (uma0).
    I was thinking i wanted to play some cod online so i first checked the version spoof and i changed to 3.72 latest version, when i got out i tried to connect online and thought "wait... (so i cancel it) i need to reboot first maybe" so i did that..
    The following message appeared "You must update the system firmware" & "to use this memory card you need to format it" (something like that after rebooting 3 times)
    But all my games and apps were gone..

So i formatted (uma0) and tried changing my henkaku settings "unplug memory card"
    And next reboot my sd2Vita (ux0) was louded.
    So i got everything back after that, i did go in VitaShell but now my memory card (uma0) is emty but i can still look into it from VitaShell & PC...

So what do i need to do to get uma0 working again?

2. 11,553
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

sounds like the id.dat is screwed up. unlink (henkaku settings) or delete it. it's supposed to be usable even when spoofed (contains firmware version). however, if you delete it, it will update to the newest, spoofed version. when you spoof to a new version, the id.dat won't be updated, but that shouldn't be a problem.

as for uma0, I don't use mass storage with a regular memory card, but you might need to look at your configuration for storage manager as well as the config.txt. a couple options will actually reset the tai config. the best thing to do now is to create a new tai config for ux0 (with everything you want on it), then copy it with vita shell to ur0.

3. 24
    SR4NK4R

SR4NK4R Forum Noob

What you mean with deleting.. the id.dat? There is noting on that card anymore everytime i plug uma0 in the vita it askes me to update or format it but i formatted it once it keeps saying it.... :/
    I even tried to turn off version spoof.
    Can it be possible to back up ux0 and move all the files to uma0 and let it work again?

4. 24
    SR4NK4R

SR4NK4R Forum Noob

I have to mention i spoofed first to 3.73 & then to 3.72 all in once.. without reboot

5. 11,553
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the id.dat is what causes the format message. it thinks it's in the wrong system. the file will be recreated at reboot if it doesn't exist.