MFWBuilder brick

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Helder, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 4
    Helder

Helder Forum Noob

Hi, I’m not sure this is the right forum but here goes:
    Had just installed rebug 4.84.2. Went ahead and patched it on MFWBuilder by haxxen - only option chosen was the L1 OtherOS patch with create hdd size specs and everything. Base 4.XX.

The installer went from 17% to 100% on the PS3 and it shutdown to a flashing red light. It won’t boot up. I do have dumps. Any ideas?

2. 2,575
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    You will need your original dumps and a HW flasher to fix this. What model PS3 did you do this on as this will determin which HW flasher you will need.

Also you should never mess about with FW unless you know exactly what you are doing and have a HW Flasher to hand incase you brick your PS3 as you have just done. MFW Builder is actually for people who know what they are doing and understand what is being patched, how and why its being patched to make it a bit simpler to do instead of manually patching the files.

Algol likes this.
  3. 4
    Helder

Helder Forum Noob

It’s a NOR FAT model. I have the dumps from 4.84HFW, both pre xploit and pos. I had also extracted the flash to a usb using rebug toolbox right before this happened.

You’re right about not touching what I don’t know. My motivation to do só came from the fact that so many people seem to have done it so easily

Anyway, an E3 Flasher is due now. I still can’t help but wonder what did I do wrong on MFW. I just basically picked up input FW (rebug4.84.2) selected one patch option exclusively, for other os hdd partitioning, base mfw and that was it.

Did I have to update PS3 keys?

4. 2,575
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    There's a tutorial on here about installing Linux on REBUG that has an already patched REBUG CFW you can use. So when you have sorted out the PS3 I would recomend you follow that guide to prevent another brick.

5. 1,152
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I was just thinking about that tutorial when I starting reading this thread since I linked it just the other day to someone else lol I assumed the OP was looking to install Linux.
    Here is the guide: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/t...bon-linux-on-rebug-4-81-2-4-84-1-d-rex.16419/ @Helder for future reference.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  6. 4
    Helder

Helder Forum Noob

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the support. I had read that tuto before I bricked the console. Do you want to know where I got consfused? I exploited the console through ps3xploit.com, for that I installed HFW 484 and went ahead with the NOR patching and CFW install... thing is I couldn’t find an already patched 484 REX and was afraid to install the one I did found (481) because it was lower than the HFW (484) and even though it was a cfw I wasn’t sure how the console would “react” to a lower version even if cfw.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  7. 11,625
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

if you're not qa flagged, I believe the system will show the file as corrupted if you try installing a lower firmware version.

8. 4
    Helder

Helder Forum Noob

Got you. Good knowledge... I’ll be better prepared this time around :)

Coldheart2236 likes this.