Modding GTA IV with out jailbreak?!

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by nativesith, Nov 3, 2015.

1. 7
    nativesith

nativesith

Its been too long my friends. Me love you long time... Couple months ago my psn acct was banned. So I deleted all my games under that acct. I thought I seen it all in modding IV.Then I was checkin out youtube... I found a mod without the need for a jailbreak. So I checked it out assuming it was na real...Even came up with a corrupted data. But after following the instructions with my usb and all. And IT WORKED?
    Looking at the files it is dats. So the dats are where it all is. How...must try to make our own like dis. It has a lot of mods. After all that the shockwave person tries to freeze me?! Check it out if ya have a disc of gta iv and usb.
    [video=youtube;P1UHV-hnEto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1UHV-hnEto[/video]

My new Psn ID...bonetomahawk

2. 8,841
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

[MENTION=9102]nativesith[/MENTION] good to see you and thanks for the share. Very interesting !!!!

3. 176
    faith genesis raven

faith genesis raven Member

Would there be any way to do this for other mods without having cfw?

4. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Rest in peace nativesith :(

5. 10
    Alex_Hm

Alex_Hm Forum Noob

Yes it's possible via PeXploit Lite and a backup of your system (if you want to keep all your data you need a 80/120GB usb/ex-HDD) but you can obviously keep all ur saves etc.

6. 12
    [IRA] Chopper

[IRA] Chopper Member

There's a few ways to do it now with HAN or HEN. The mod I recommend is Major Distribution v11.3, others don't recommend the newer versions, so I haven't tried them but I know 11.3 works.

The easiest way is through using HEN with MultiMan or WebMan for FTP, just update your game to the latest version and replace the "update.img" with the Major Distribution one.

If you don't have HEN but have HAN, download the latest IV patch on your computer, extract it, replace the "update.img" with the
    Major Distribution one and then create a PKG from this. This basically makes a custom patch PKG which you could upload for others if you want to. Since your using HAN, to install the new PKG you'll need to sign it before moving it to your USB and installing it.

You can also do that last method on HEN but you won't need to sign the PKG. If I remember to, I'll upload the pack with all the
    Major Distribution files.

7. 2
    maximomx

maximomx Forum Noob

Hi, you know where to get the file from Major Distribution 11.3?

8. 2
    maximomx

maximomx Forum Noob

And use mod offline?