Great news for the PlayStation Vita scene, as today developer The_Flow, just hit a huge milestone with the developer's newest release to the community, Modoru (1.0v) for the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV (Vita TV) provides user's with the amazing ability to Downgrade your device with supported Firmwares up to 3.70. An incredible achievement that includes additional details below for executing this on your device.
- Your device must already run HENkaku/h-encore on firmwares 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 can use this software once a new hack is released. (HACK IS NOW PUBLIC)
- Your device's battery has be at least at 50%.
- All your plugins must be disabled, therefore you will not be able to launch the downgrader from a SD2VITA and hence, you must have a Memory Card (or Internal Storage).
- If you have installed IMCUnlock by SKGleba, it is recommended to uninstall it first before attempting to downgrade.
Installation (Official Instructions):
- Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell.
- Obtain the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP (don't install modoru.vpk afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
- Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming ux0:tai and ur0:tai to some other name.
- Reboot your device and relaunch HENkaku/h-encore.
- Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on screen.
- Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.
Unofficial Modoru Tutorial by Tech James:
- Q: Where can I find and download firmwares?
A: Here is a nice collection by darthsternie: PS Vita Firmwares. Make sure you download the firmware from the Complete Official Firmwares section.
- Q: There are 3 different PUP files in the archive, which one do I need?
A: There are packages with (pre), (systemdata) and (full). You should choose the full one.
- Q: Can I downgrade my 3.69/3.70 device using this tool?
A: Yes, but not yet. You'll need to wait until the next exploit chain is released. (It is now available)
- Q: My factory firmware is higher than 3.65 and modoru doesn't allow me to downgrade to 3.60/3.65.
A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware above 3.65. These cannot be downgraded (yet). This means no bootloader hack for you.
- Q: Can I downgrade my device to 3.60/3.65 and then install ensō?
A: Yes, that's the main goal of this tool.
- Q: Can I downgrade my testkit/devkit?
A: It has not been tested yet, but you can very likely do it. You should even be able to go lower than firmware 1.692, which is officially inhibited.
- Q: How low can I downgrade?
A: You can go down to your factory firmware (this is highlighted in yellow within modoru).
- Q: Can I use this tool to update or reinstall my firmware?
A: Yes, you can downgrade, update or reinstall any firmware using this tool.
- Q: Is there a chance of bricking?
A: Not likely, since this application is using the official updater and only makes a few harmless patches to bypass some checks.
If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a donation:
- Thanks to Freakler for the LiveArea design.
- Thanks to liblor for the name suggestion.
- Thanks to yifanlu for prior research on downgrading.
- Thanks to molecule for SCE decryption utilities.
- Thanks to SKGleba for betatesting.
For more information visit THE_FLOWs Github
PS Vita / Ps TV Modoru (1.0v) - PSVITA/PSTV - Downgrader (3.65-3.70) - By The_Flow
By Naked_Snake1995 on Feb 13, 2019 at 8:37 PM
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.0 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-25-2019): Version 2.3.0 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Original Article: Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
[UPDATE -v1.02] Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesUpdate: Version 1.02 Released Adds Game Mode C (Gang Mode) for PS4 / PSVita / Windows
Following the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: