Great news for the PlayStation Vita scene, as today developer The_Flow, just hit a huge milestone with the developer's newest release to the community, Modoru (1.0v) for the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV (Vita TV) provides user's with the amazing ability to Downgrade your device with supported Firmwares up to 3.70. An incredible achievement that includes additional details below for executing this on your device.
- Your device must already run HENkaku/h-encore on firmwares 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 can use this software once a new hack is released. (HACK IS NOW PUBLIC)
- Your device's battery has be at least at 50%.
- All your plugins must be disabled, therefore you will not be able to launch the downgrader from a SD2VITA and hence, you must have a Memory Card (or Internal Storage).
- If you have installed IMCUnlock by SKGleba, it is recommended to uninstall it first before attempting to downgrade.
Installation (Official Instructions):
- Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell.
- Obtain the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP (don't install modoru.vpk afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
- Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming ux0:tai and ur0:tai to some other name.
- Reboot your device and relaunch HENkaku/h-encore.
- Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on screen.
- Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.
Unofficial Modoru Tutorial by Tech James:
- Q: Where can I find and download firmwares?
A: Here is a nice collection by darthsternie: PS Vita Firmwares. Make sure you download the firmware from the Complete Official Firmwares section.
- Q: There are 3 different PUP files in the archive, which one do I need?
A: There are packages with (pre), (systemdata) and (full). You should choose the full one.
- Q: Can I downgrade my 3.69/3.70 device using this tool?
A: Yes, but not yet. You'll need to wait until the next exploit chain is released. (It is now available)
- Q: My factory firmware is higher than 3.65 and modoru doesn't allow me to downgrade to 3.60/3.65.
A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware above 3.65. These cannot be downgraded (yet). This means no bootloader hack for you.
- Q: Can I downgrade my device to 3.60/3.65 and then install ensō?
A: Yes, that's the main goal of this tool.
- Q: Can I downgrade my testkit/devkit?
A: It has not been tested yet, but you can very likely do it. You should even be able to go lower than firmware 1.692, which is officially inhibited.
- Q: How low can I downgrade?
A: You can go down to your factory firmware (this is highlighted in yellow within modoru).
- Q: Can I use this tool to update or reinstall my firmware?
A: Yes, you can downgrade, update or reinstall any firmware using this tool.
- Q: Is there a chance of bricking?
A: Not likely, since this application is using the official updater and only makes a few harmless patches to bypass some checks.
If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a donation:
- Thanks to Freakler for the LiveArea design.
- Thanks to liblor for the name suggestion.
- Thanks to yifanlu for prior research on downgrading.
- Thanks to molecule for SCE decryption utilities.
- Thanks to SKGleba for betatesting.
For more information visit THE_FLOWs Github
PS Vita / Ps TV Modoru (1.0v) - PSVITA/PSTV - Downgrader (3.65-3.70) - By The_Flow
By Naked_Snake1995 on Feb 13, 2019 at 8:37 PM
[Update July 21th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (July 21) - Now the 19th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - May 2019 Progress Report - 1337 pl4y4bl3 ~ 1337 1n64m3 :)That can't be an accident. Following up after the impressive Progress Report last Month, where we learned that over >40% of all PS3 Game Titles are now fully "Playable", today the great Team behind the PS3 Emulator RPCS3 showcases their newest Progress Report for May 2019 with another milestone. If you are a long follower of their great Project or maybe you are even enjoying your PS3 Game Titles on your PC right now (because "why not"?), you will be already familiar with the fact that most of the Game Titles tested on RPCS3 will at least boot up, but then you will experience Graphical Glitches, huge Slow-Downs or even you aren't able to play a Game Title to the End, which is sad (Damn you "Narco Terror" and "The Expendables 2: Videogame" why you still aren't bootable? :P). This is why in the past, the "Ingame" Status comprised most Game Titles in every Compatibility List. But for the first Time since it's Initial Release, the "Playable" Category ties the first place together with the "Ingame" Category with both 1337 Game Titles each. This means whatever Game Title you choose to play via RPCS3, there is a 43.71% Chance that it will be at least "Ingame". That's impressive don't you think? Oh, and sorry for the leetspeak at the Title. I mean come on, we are talking about 1337 Game Titles fully "Playable".Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-27-2019): Version 2.3.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
Latest: insanetoker89, Jul 23, 2019 at 4:48 AM
Latest: Cosmic-R, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:00 AM
Latest: Yagavitch, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:19 AM
Latest: jolek, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:18 AM
Latest: Anthonyy817, Jul 23, 2019 at 12:56 AM
Latest: atreyu187, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:17 PM
Latest: newtothepartyhdd, Jul 22, 2019 at 10:46 PM
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: