PS3 Monitor for PS3

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Ulquiorra-Sama, Apr 14, 2019.

1. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    Walton 24 inch led tv for PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PC
    How it looks for gaming console & PC?
    Technical Specification:
    Dispaly : Screen size 24'' Aspect ratio 16:9, 4:3 Resolution 1366 x 768 Viewing angle H 178 / V 178 Contrast 1200:1 Brightness 200 cd/m2 Response time 8.5 ms Backlight type Direct LED Display device LCD Dynamic backlight adjust NO Picture : Comb Filter 3D Noise Reduction Standard Picture Improvement CTI/ LTI De- Interlace 3D Weak signal Enhancement Yes Input & Output Ports : HDMI IN (Version: 1.3 / 1.4) 1 USB 2.0 1 AV input 1 AV output N0 YPbPr IN No RF IN 1 PC IN 1 PC Audio IN Yes Head phone out Yes TV System : Video system PAL/ NTSC Sound system BG/ DK/ I Receive Channel 199 USB Play : Video .avi , .mp4 , .ts , .mkv , .mov , .dat (MP2) Audio .mp3, .wma , .m4a , .aac (Dolby only) Image .jpg, .bmp, .png Text Notepad Text (upto 1mb) Audio : Audio output 2 x 5W Speaker position Bottom Sound Effect Stereo, Surround sound Accessory : Power cable Yes User manual Yes Remote control Battery Yes Remote control Yes Warranty : Product warranty 2 years Power : Power supply 110 - 240 VAC Standby power consumption <0.5w Maximum power consumption 40W

2. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

only thing that specs are telling me is that response time is rather slow and it has somewhat bigger viewing angles,so i'm inclined to believe it's some kind of cheaper IPS panel and main drawback is poor black levels.that's a dealbreaker for me personally,as i play mostly darker games and quality and depth of black is one of the most important things for me personally (that's one of the reasons why i'm still keeping my CRT's).if you don't care about blacks you shouldn't worry about it.

also,768p and 24" in 2019 is not best of an investment especially since you plan it using with PC and ps4.if it's free,sure,why not,but paying for it...i'd save my money,be more patient and try to find a better deal.

also,i'm speaking purely out of the specs,so take my opinion more as an simple observation and really take your ps3 and even lapto and try it for yourself.on a laptop you can set the desktop in any resolution you like and se how it handles it for yourself.

3. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    This walton 24 inch led tv price is 142.38 USD

4. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

just don't,no matter how electronics are expensive in your area.save it,browse adds,try to find a good deal second hand...

5. 496
    Peppe90

Peppe90 Member

Sure you meant component. ;)
    ...Composite is the shittiest video signal

My HD CRT have all the inputs: RCA composite, S-Video, Scart (2 of them, one with RGB support), Component and HDMI (supported resolutions: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i, 50/60hz. Plus some video enhancement at 75/100hz).
    HDMI is the better input. Component is close, just a softer picture.
    I directly compared the image quality of this Tv to a mine friend's 2000$ 4k LG OLED (with Uncharted) and the CRT actually wins with quite gap...

I confirm that even broadcast CRT monitor usually weren't full-HD. They were 32" 1080i. However on CRT there's pratically no difference between interlaced and progressive signals, since the content is shown directly as it is (thus, no de-interlacing artifact).
    Anyway I seems to remeber some 1080p CRT...

EDIT: I didn't see there were other messages after that '^^

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    DeViL303 likes this.
  6. 496
    Peppe90

Peppe90 Member

Yes I know, digital tvs fixed matrix has his PROs and CONs… However, in this case would have been useful such an option. Since a overscanned picture is more blurry than a fitted one ;)

7. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    umart666 tell me,which brand should I buy?
    Sony,LG,Toshiba,eco+,Samsung,Sanyo

8. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

really depends on what do you like and what you can find locally for a good price.as i said depth and levels of blacks is what's i'm after so for that price i'd try to find VA panel,but if you for example play Okami HD and similar games with vivid colors almost exclusively then IPS would be better match.

also,you can get good display from bargain bin and unknown brands,there's like couple of factories that manufacture most of panels anyway,and brands outsource even the design and software so other than the top brands (and upcoming chinese brands like Hisense for example,i've had really good luck with them recently) it's really more less the same.

yes,it is less risky buying established and well known brand,but for that kind of money it's really better to risk it a little and get bigger screen and resolution,possibly even better panel overall and put up with inferior software and less appealing namesake on the front,because for that price you would be getting a lowest level possibly a really bad TN display in 720p and smaller size display from a brand like samsung,sony,lg,etc...

good thing about buying second hand locally is that you get to test it extensively and see if it works for you.

9. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    How to consider if led tv is fake or original

10. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

if you can try it first,that's not a thing to worry about.if it works as intended and designed and it's priced accordingly who gives a crap about who made it?as i said,there's like a couple of factories that make all digital panels anyway,brands are just advertising and in case of bigger ones,design and development.if someone managed to make 1:1 replica of an good Sony TV i'm almost certain that Tv is if not better then a stock one.but usually any chinese copy of anything would fall flat in seconds of using it,and flaws would be crystal clear.

but,if you are buying it online then extreme precaution is required.if something is too good to be true it is certainly so.

point i'm trying to make is just be cautious.invest a little time and patience in any search and your effort will be rewarded. :)

11. 496
    Peppe90

Peppe90 Member

About second hand Tvs, Look for some Panasonic Plasma. Here it happens to find some of them at very good price. Like the UT50 (there's the 42" and 50" version), it's an entry level 2012 full-hd Panasonic plasma. You won't find any lcd tv matching such picture quality (even going for the more expensive ones, it'd not be easy...).
    If you find a ST50 or GT50 is even better… Sometimes I see even Panasonic series 60 at good price (ST and GT, obviously not VT or ZT. But if you're not a video expert, you'll prefer a ST above the ZT... However if you're a online pro player, better to go for the GT60 or another tv, since the ST60 has a little higher input-lag).

You should look for a Samsung Plasma series E or F too. You won't find a better overall picture quality on today Tvs (and I'm referring to the more expensive ones…).

12. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

not to bash plasma TV's but it's not really a beginner choice.same applies to rear projection TV's,there were couple really good models but both require fairly advanced knowledge about displays,what to check etc.

decent cheap VA panel is foolproof buy for a beginner.but it's a neat idea,in my area also people are selling them really cheap,and it's a really good time to invest in one because people don't know whar are really good ones and then can be found in decent shape.

13. 496
    Peppe90

Peppe90 Member

The entry level Plasma Tvs are really basic about options (but even the premium ones, as long as you stay far from advanced settings).
    Rear projection is another thing (even if usually the convergence setup is quite guided… But I agree with you, a non enthusiast would just be bothered).

However, The only possible issue with Plasma (depending on the model) could be the burn-in one (issue now shared by OLED TVs). But it's not that simple to cause.

A good VA isn't that bad (I have one), but plasma blacks/contrast are on another level, to not talk about motion resolution (very important for gaming purposes imho).

IPS lcds too have made many steps forward about blacks. Not as good as VA displays, but it depends if you play on a dark room or with some light. IPS have usually better colors and viewing angle (but it definitely depends by models).

14. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

i didn't said that plasma is inferior,i've just said that plasma's are a bit tricky for beginner to shop second hand,and maybe he should avoid it until he's done proper research and gain a bit experience in the field so he will know what he wants out of an display.

Peppe90 likes this.
  15. 10,036
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I use an lg 28" for my room, and my parents' tv is around 55". I've never gamed much on the ps3, but it's ready. ;) I do game on the switch. I bought another dock for downstairs. I leave the system downstairs on my parents' tv during the week and then upstairs for the weekend. I only game on the wii u at night to destress. anyway, I guess it really depends on how large a screen you want. I got burned by samsung 3 times including with a $3,600 tv back when the lcd was new.

16. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    My target is 24 or 28 inch led tv
    I'm always confuse at 24'' or 28'' tv
    should I buy 24 inch or 28 inch tv for pc & ps3
    if I use pc on 28 inch led tv how it looks?
    I think 24 inch is better for pc

17. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

18. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    I have enough money for 24 or 28 inch led tv for pc & ps3
    just give me an idea?
    Which is best for me?
    Just explain it from you?

19. 421
    umart666

umart666 Member

like maestro from above said it - more is more.bigger is always better.my first purchase if somebody would give me even 20 000 dollars would be biggest OLED that exists,and rest of the money i'd spend on best projector that i could find. :)

but best compromise today between the budget,PC monitor and display for consoles is 1440p 32" PC monitor.they aren't so expensive,there's enough pixel density to serve as PC monitor,as any PC monitor is at worst case scenario decent with scaling and consoles will look great on a 32" display.they have typically VA panels (good blacks) or IPS panels (better color and viewing angles) so you can buy what you like more.

sandungas likes this.
  20. 150
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page: