PS4 Mortal Kombat XL SKIN MOD (POC)

Discussion in 'PS4 Game Mods' started by Grim Doe, Sep 13, 2019.

1. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

that's crazy. I hate dlc like that or is exclusive in some way. the piranha plant character in smash bros. was only available for people who preordered or ordered within a certain time frame. even if I'm not a big fan, I'd like to be able to play a game in its entirety or at least collect the dlc. I haven't even played mortal kombat 11, yet I bought it hoping for someone to play it with. I might try online, but I'd probably get my @ss kicked. I once signed in to gears of war online on the 360 without ever having played the game. I think I was testing something. well, I died almost instantly. some people came around the corner and shot me. lol

Grim Doe likes this.
  2. 170
    Grim Doe

Grim Doe Game Mod Developer Developer

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    Here is One Pic from ebayI took before it was taken off That the Price was $930.00 !!!!
    [​IMG]

And Here is a Pic from within the Dump Game showing Savini is actually on the CD of the Game :)

[​IMG]

Also one more thing I even almost got kicked out of a Friday The 13Th Game Community on Facebook
    Bc I was trying to inform them about it and they took it in a whole different way lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    pinky likes this.
  3. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

geez. there's some ps4 game that was cancelled. I can't remember the name of it, but there was a demo for it. ps4s with that demo were going for ludicrous amounts. with 5.05, you can play it though (someone uploaded it), so it's not worth buying one of those systems. that's what I'd say here too.

I'm not that much of an expert when it comes to the ps4. when I don't know something, I usually ask kiiwii, leeful, or hayato on gbatemp. I guess I just don't keep track. since my account is banned, it's kinda crushed my will to continue playing. however, there's a save mounter, which leeful told can be used with transferring saves to another account, even another system. maybe I'll try it out. I only have about 10 hours worth of playtime on my system. the main concern is not being able to backup saves to usb. it requires an account id. I suppose I could use my JP account.

Grim Doe likes this.
  4. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    Sounds like Silent Hill P.T.
    And We all have the Free demo now Thanks to 5.05 Keeping it alive

pinky likes this.
  5. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

yeah, that sounds right. I was sure P.T. was in the name. I actually don't have it.

I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about dumping games, not that you have to be that knowledgeable to begin with. there's a bug with gengp4 where it assumes the a0100v0100 is the version for the game, so it won't build a patch for a game that has a different version applied to it (there are ways around it though), so I made like 3 dumps of those games including one repacked. I also made more dumps with the keystone being resigned to all 0s, so all of my saves worked (checked each one). I made dumps of my digital games too, but I haven't installed any of them. there's not really a reason to until I get rid of this banned account.

Grim Doe likes this.
  6. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    I had to do that with Need For Speed it keep on showing 1.01 but it was 1.03 same with MKXL
    But I fix it and Now it shows the right number
    Yeah I just check/ Look on ebay Just to see
    And this is what I just now Pulled up lol
    Price: US $1,220.00
    Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pt-playstation-4-silent-hill-ps4/283431884207?hash=item41fddb55af:g:Z84AAOSwok9cmbwb

pinky likes this.
  7. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

Grim Doe likes this.
  8. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

@Grim Doe , btw, I think if you change the gengp4 file to reflect a different version number or just rename the original pkg, it will create an update. is that what you did? it creates a separate file (can't remember the name of it), but the update is built anyway. it's almost like an error file. all games like this that I've seen were digital only games. I have four of them like this, so I made multiple copies for when I do install the games again on a new profile.

Grim Doe likes this.
  9. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

@Grim Doe , I installed PT. the loading at start up is kinda long, but I've experienced that with bloodstained and spyro reignited trilogy on the switch. kinda annoying especially when you're not sure what's even going on.

Grim Doe likes this.
  10. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    @pinky
    Yeah That's a Crazy amount of money
    For a PS4 lol
    I believe I fix the PKG within the building settings?
    I was thinking at 1st when I installed SHP.T. it was going to stay stuck but it work just fine.
    I want to find the offsets for the camera
    Or Make a NoClip for it so We could have free range of the whole game.
    Just like that one cat manfightdragon aka Lance McDonald
    On YouTube.
    That is doing it now
    He is patching his cam mod in the game.
    I do hope he releases it.....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  11. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

guess that the loading crap is just something you have to endure. though, I thought it would be better with the switch and cartridges. what pisses me off is that Japan only gets a lot of cartridge games that no one else gets like mega man x collection 2, the upcoming dragon quest games, and a whole plethora of others. there are a lot of people who refuse to buy digital even if that's the only way to get the game.

if you mean packages, I think it's "make package modifiable." that's how you can 0 out the keystone. that might bypass the dump stamp for updates, but I'm not really sure. however, I think it has something to do with gengp4, no orbis or fake package generator, 'cause an update package can't be made unless the app can detect the game package. maybe the problem is related to the package version. I'm curious about those pass phrases to official games. it sounds like how vita packages use the zrif from the work.bin to encrypt the package. you can decrypt vita games very easily with that information.

12. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    Evertime when I add or subtract something from a game update I always
    Rebuild the gengp4 file then continue to go about building the updated (game update)
    With orbis and it works just fine
    A fpkg. game update for a fpkg. Game

13. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

that's probably why it works without needing to be repacked -- the dump is still associated with the game pkg. I've tried installing a package update from a different dump, and it errors after it gets to 100%. I wish I knew more about what it looks for. might want to ask duxa. he's on temp under a different name, but he's easy to find.

Grim Doe likes this.
  14. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

@Grim Doe , I just manually updated my switch collection. for some reason, Nintendo has it to where only recently played games update automatically (have update automatically enabled). anyway, I had to update mortal kombat 11 manually. currently, with update, the game is 24.4GBs. my god! the only game I have that's larger is final fantasy x/x2 remaster. and, I'm sure that's compressed. I read an article recently that was talking about how good the compression was on the switch. apparently, uncompressed Smash Bros is over 60GBs. the game is only 15GBs or around there. wow!

I don't really know how the update function works. I mean does it download the update with the current update still being on the system? the free space kept fluctuating between 14GBs and 17.8GBs with mortal kombat 11. I've archived my most played games. I plan to put them on another micro sd card. Luigi's Mansion 3 is around 6.7GBs, so maybe only that and pokemon might bring it over the top or rather might've. archived about 7-10 games, and my current free space is nearly 100GBs. :D

Grim Doe likes this.
  15. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    @pinky
    Wow that is amazing something that's 60gb down to 15gb nice !
    It may get even bigger
    See going back with DVD's
    they would be 700mb and with Blu-Rays
    Would jump up to 4gb to 6gb even up to 11gb. Now with (4K aka UHK) They jump up to 50's all the up 80's GB !!!!
    So better content bigger the Files.
    Makes me wonder about 8K, 10K even 16K
    File sizes are going to be?
    Eventually It will make petabytes look like terabytes lol
    We already use gigabytes like megabytes.

pinky likes this.
  16. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I already have like a petabyte of hdd space on my laptop. :-p it's actually soon to be 4 10TB hdds and 2 2TB hdds.

edit: not sure if you have smash bros or a switch, but smash bros boots up very fast too. some games like bloodstaineed and spyro are slow as hell just like that pt silent hill demo. it's like they didn't care to optimize them.

Grim Doe likes this.
  17. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    Na I don't have neither of those besides Silent Hill PT
    But that is good to know doe"

And yeah you sure do have a lot of space lol

pinky likes this.
  18. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

saving in bloodstained on the switch is very fast. loading is fast if you die, but if you go from the title screen to load a save. it takes a few moments to get to the title screen, then a few more to load the save.

spyro has you go between maps a lot (still at the beginning though), and it has this little loading screen where spyro is flying through the air.

also, you can save when you rescue someone. when you first start the game, it says not to turn it off if you see this symbol (think it's a purple dragon). well, that icon appears instantly for a fraction of a second when you save, so you may not even notice that it's saved.

I have a similar problem with ni no kuni on the switch. it loads fast, but when you save, there's no confirmation screen that you've saved over the previous save. another game that's a bit frustrating is final fantasy x as it defaults on "new" save whenever you go to save your game, so you might make countless additional saves if you're not careful. :-p that's also on the switch. I have the ps4 version too, but I can't remember if it does the same thing.

Grim Doe likes this.
  19. 170
    Grim Doe

Resurrecting Games
    Home Page:
    I do hope that the PS5 will take full advantage of SSD Drives
    fully optimized for it.

pinky likes this.
  20. 12,898
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

might be too expensive for me considering how large games are getting. I read that the last of us 2 is 120GBs.

Grim Doe likes this.
Tags: