PS3 Motherboard Ver-001 with pad B0 ripped where can i make a jump?

Discussion in 'Hardware Mods' started by Vitor Leão, Aug 11, 2019 at 12:45 AM.

1. 15
    Vitor Leão

Vitor Leão Forum Noob

Hello a friend gave me a Ver-001 board with the pad B0 completely destroyed.
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't find any schematics/diagrams of this model thus i'm in need of help.
    I need to know where to jump the nor chip pin A16 to. The only thing i know is that it seems to be going to the South Bridge chip true one of the under/middle layers of the board but don't know where/if it reappears somewhere else.
    Even if there isn't a Pad where i can make a jump to i can try to make it under the South Bridge chip itself if i know with pin on the chip its going to but jumping to a pad would be much easier. The South Bridge chip is the CXD2984AGB.
    The PS3 still turns on and seems to be "working" but gives no video and the RSX chip is not heating. After some research the pin A16 seems to be a Chip Enable signal. Without him it seems that the RSX will not turn on and that is most probably why i have no video.
    According to my friend he was trying to install a Teensy 2 ++ to downgrade the console that was on 4.82 OFW to fix the RSOD that appeared as soon as it turned on making impossible to use the webkit exploit to downgrade/fix.
    Tks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019 at 5:06 PM
  2. 209
    Vishera

Vishera Member

I only have schematics of NAND models if that can help you let me know.

3. 1,263
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Did you try flowing solder onto where the pad was located? Clean it, flux it, and flow solder back to recreate the pad

4. 1,263
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

You could also locate that on the nor itself, try googling judges diagram. Maybe @playerkp420 can help to. Ver001 is CechL right?

5. 1,263
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

I looked on the Dev wiki and can only find the diagram that you posted. I'm sure there is a corresponding leg on the nor itself you can attach to but I cannot find a diagram. Either wait for someone else to chime in here, or try rebuilding that test point like I said. @littlebalup any ideas here?

6. 1,118
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer PSX-Place Supporter

B0 of the teensy is connected to the A16 pin of the NOR :
    [​IMG]

nCadeRegal likes this.
  7. 15
    Vitor Leão

Vitor Leão Forum Noob

When i test the hole with a multmeter i find ground. If i flow solder into the hole it will short for sure.
    As i said there is ground on inside the hole. The only way i can think of rebuilding the pad is by sanding the board until i find the under layer trace. This can cause more harm than good so i'm leaving it as a last option if no one can tell me witch pin the B0 is going to on the South Bridge chip.
    You are right A14 was another pad that was ripped (PA6) but this one was a easy fix. I corrected the post tks.
    Yes the Nor pin i know the problem is where i have to take it to... The model on the stick is CECHP01

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019 at 5:11 PM
  8. 15
    Vitor Leão

Vitor Leão Forum Noob

There is many NAND models schematics. I looked them but they didn't seen to help much... I know very little to nothing of electronic... I'm just a guy with a soldering iron and flux.

nCadeRegal likes this.
  9. 1,263
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

That's all you need to fix that board. Use the diagram that little all up posted. It won't be easy to solder to those little legs but is doable. Just flux and tin your wire before you attempt it. Set the wire in place and push the iron into the wire on the leg until you see it melt. Let us know how it goes

10. 1,118
    littlebalup

The easyer way is to solder to the NOR leg

[​IMG]

An alternative could be to use an E3 flasher with its crappy clip. Or to dessolder the NOR, flash, then ressolder.

11. 15
    Vitor Leão

Vitor Leão Forum Noob

I know... But where the A16 is going to? By ripping the B0 It also broken the connection of the A16 pin to whatever it was going to. I need a point where i can make a Jump from the A16 to the place it was going.

12. 1,118
    littlebalup

It goes to the Southbridge. I should have a ver-001 with removed NOR somewhere. I'll check tomorrow if I can find something accessible for you.

13. 15
    Vitor Leão

Vitor Leão Forum Noob

If you can test the Pin A14 too. This one was broken too and i'm no longer sure if i jumped it right. tks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 5:23 AM
  14. 1,118
    littlebalup

[​IMG]

So, you can test the continuity from NOR legs to the high speed bus resistors (black components) and jump if broken. For the A14 it should be easy. For A16, you'll have to jump from one side of the board to the other... or solder to the via.

Good luck. Take some picture for us.

sandungas and nCadeRegal like this.
  15. 1,263
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

@Vitor Leão let us know how this works out and take some pics of the work. Thanks littleballup

16. 15
    Vitor Leão

Vitor Leão Forum Noob

Sadly its not coming back... I had already tested the points littleballup showed. According to my friend when he ripped the pads he tried to find it again by digging the board leaving a hole where the pads were. He probably caused damage to a trace that pass below the pad.
    Well at least my soldering skills improved a lot.

I was thinking on buying a broked board of the same model and attempt to fix it with the components of the one i have but i don't know what is and isn't married to the board. The only thing that i know that is probably married is the Blue-ray driver. If i move the Nor chip to the new board would it make the new board work with the Blue-ray drive that i have?
    Tks for the help. I will see if a can post some images when i have time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:33 PM
Tags: