Move file to NTFS drive

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by AshMash, Dec 8, 2018.

1. 2
    AshMash

AshMash Forum Noob

Hey guys! I've been searching for a bit and can not really find if this is possible.

What I want to do is basically move large files (.iso files of games I've copied to internal hdd) over to my external NTFS drive.

I have multiman and webman and I've managed to connect my ntfs drive and read the games from it and play them. I have also discovered my ntfs drive from FTP, but I cannot move games over to the ntfs drive from the internal memory of the ps3.

I've also managed to find the ntfs drive from multiman filemanager but yet again not able to copy over data to it, just read from it.

Is it even possible, or do I have to download from ftp and move the data over from a computer? I don't get high enough speed with the ftp connection so it takes forever :(

2. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

you need lan connection to ps3 to obtain full ftp speeds,and it's fastest connection ps3 can have.

also,for multiman you need prepNTFS.irisman supports ntfs by default.

so,for ps3,psX and retro roms external ntfs drive is the fastest way to connect to ps3,ps2 and psp roms still need to be on internal drive to work.

3. 2
    AshMash

AshMash Forum Noob

Thanx for the response! I will look into irisman if that is what enables writing to ntfs drives. And thank you, thanks to your post I realized that I was not using the lan connection (had the lan cable connected but the ps3 was still using wireless)

4. 7,851
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Irisman is not the only backup manager that supports ntfs but it does have a very practical 2 pane file manager.
    You could check Managunz, sMan or webMAN-MOD for instance, they all support ntfs.
    Multiman also supports it, no problem for mounting iso games but the file browser only has poor readonly ntfs support so you won't be able to use it to write to the ntfs partition.