Developer @deank (who we recently interviewed) has pushed an unofficial update for Movian, a multi-platform project originally developed by Andreas Smas (available on Android, Linux, OS/X, Raspberry Pi and PS3) .For those of your that are new to this longstanding PS3 project, it's a robust media center that comes equipped with additional support for video and audio codecs then what you would find in the PS3's official media player. Various plugins are also available from within the application such as YouTube plugin giving user's an additional option vs the YouTube app .There are other various plugins you can use that provide ranging functions some include themeing /info / other functionalities. Recently deank has released v5.0.701 and there has been a few cosmetic changes (listed in the changelogs provide) and a couple of bug fixes provided (see 2nd tab)..
Also available is the .SELF version (of update 5.0.701) the SHOWTIME.SELF is used in apps like multiMAN and IRISMAN, basically its the same as the main project but has a few subtle changes like for example when you exit movian (from app not the in-game xmb) you would go back to multiMAN rather then the XMB, then your saved XMB Videos folders are visible in Movian
A quick overview of its features: (via brewology)
- All formats supported by libav can be played. For instance, MKV, MOV, AVI, M2TS, etc. For a full list see here. Currently Movian uses libav version 11.
- srt, txt and .sub (Microdvd) subtitles support
- Per-file and per-folder settings
- Unified search
- View photos and images in slideshow mode
- Live TV streaming from Tvheadend
- Icecast/Shoutcast radio streaming
- Navi-X, YouTube, Opensubtitles integration
- FTP Server, NTFS support, Temperature monitor
- FTP client support (Stream content directly from FTP servers)
- Custom background (via plugin)
- Support for BIG5 character encoding, On Screen Keyboard layouts.
- On PS3 and RPi external USB drives (including NTFS) are automounted with read/write support
- Update from within the application
- PS3: Multi channel audio streams are re-encoded to 6 or 8 channel DTS/AC3 or whatever end device supports (Limitation of PS3 LV2 operating system)
- PS3 Hardware Acceleration video decoding: Accelerated H.264 (up to level 4.2), MPEG-2. PS3's cell codecs do not support hardware accelerated playing of: HEVC/H265, H264 profile > 4.2, H264 High 10 (10bit), VP6, VP8, VC1/WMV9. Movian tries to play those anyway (ie decodes by using CPU). But the success varies to sound only or blackscreen when reframes/resolution are high
- Improved OSD (On Screen Display).
- Added support for 'description', 'image', 'startts' and 'endts' videoparams parameters for page.type='video'
- Fixed HLS bitrate switching
- Fixed: Metadata language for thevdb and themoviedb
- Added: Support for DVB Subtitles in HLS/ts container.
- Fixed: HLS Bitrate/Quality switching
- Changed: If [Audio/Dolby Digital+ Support] is [On/Enabled] all unsupported pass-through codecs will be transcoded to E-AC3/DD+.
- Fixed: If [Audio/Dolby Digital+ Support] is [Off/Disabled] E-AC3 audio will be transcoded to DD/AC3 if [Dolby Digital Pass-Through] is enabled, ignoring Device EAC3 capabilities. Solves issues on some devices like Oreo 4k.
Movian for multiMAN
Save the downloaded file as:
Changes from main project
- Added: XMB videos and last folder visible in Showtime
- Added: Return to multiMAN when using the EXIT icon in to top right corner of main Showtime InterfaceSince version 02.05.00 of multiMAN you can update your SHOWTIME within multiMAN, by going to XMMB Video tab -> Press [TRIANGLE] while "Start Showtime" is selected -> Update.
You can also update your showtime.self by deleting it from multiMAN's USRDIR folder and play a video - you'll be prompted to download the updated version. Be advised that in multiMAN versions 04.00.00+ SHOWTIME.SELF is located under USRDIR/sys folder.
NOTE FOR DEX PS3 USERS:
- You have to install the official CEX/CFW standalone version of Showtime [DEX] BEFORE starting multiMAN DEX for the first time
Download (PS3 PKG) @: movian.deanbg.com
Mirror @: brewology.com
Official Movian website: https://movian.tv/
PS3 Movian (Media Center) v5.0.701 by deank - Improved OSD / HLS bitrate switching Fixed / ...
By STLcardsWS on Apr 12, 2020 at 8:33 PM
RetroArch (PS2 - v1.8.8) - Utilizing New PS2 SDK / Toolchain adds performance upgradesThere has been some great work being done in the PS2 community, First off i would like to give two PS2 developer a big shoutout and some recognition (I failed in doing so in my previous coverage back in April, thanks to @TnA for pointing that out ) with work done on the PS2 SDK / Toolchain as PS2 developer's @uyjulian and @Maximus32 have been working and progressing the toolchain and SDK for sometime as you can read about some of that progress and follow some of the development in this thread.
Developer @fjtrujy has also put in some great work to the project and has utilized and adopted the improved toolchain for the RetroArch PS2 port and can be seen with the release of RetroArch v1.8.8 and its been a good descion for the homebrew (multi-system emulator) as it has been getting significant performance increases, right now we only have one new core and its a classic from the 80's (theodore libretro core), but the existing cores have an incredible performance boost for instance the QuickNESContinue reading
The latest with RetroArch (PS4-Unofficial): PSP emulation in next update along with OOSDK conversionSince the release of unofficial version of RetroArch (PS4-R3) from developer @OsirisX and subsequently the source code release that came along with it, we surprisingly have not seen or heard much in regards to an official team adopting this release to make it official. We can however more then likely gather some clues and "connect some dots" from the OG port that started it all on the PS3 and has since been pulled in recent and replace with the still in development Psl1ght (Open Source) SDK port rather then the previous versions that used the official sony sdk. With the Open Orbis SDK (OoSDK) release recently for the PS4, this seems to be the approach for the PS4 to become official as well,
Recently developer OsirisX has stated that he wants to convert the project's to OoSDK before another release is made, but the developer has already made some progress and teases a bit of that progress in the video below showing a new core being supported in PPSSPP. When asked about potential PSP or PS2 Support the developer stated the plan is to include PSP support (via PPSSPP core) in the next release. The teaser video show's GTA Vice City Stories being quite playable (video shows FPS counter) so if this game looks this well, many others should play very well also. There is still alot of great development going on with this port by developer OsirisX. .Continue reading
Super Console Wars - v1.0 (by @Acekone1 & @Lapy05575948)We have a new Homebrew Game released for the PS4 (Also available on Windows / Android / Xone / Switch (update now on PS Vita)) from developer Lapy of Lapy Games, this time around the developer who has brought us other games like River Raid Remake & Duck Hunt /Wild Gunman Remake's (and many games other's (9) found in the Lapy's Game Collection has collaborated with Acekone1 in this release. Acekone1 came up with the original concept, while also designing many of the elements that reside in the game. Where as developer Lapy did the programming portion of the game Powered by the Unity Engine for this Homebrew Game creation.
Super Console Wars is the title, its gameplay can be seen in the included ScreenShots and Video attached, S.C.W.'s main characters are some familiar faces from the video game industry as head figures of Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo who embark's on a new journey in this title where you "Choose your side and fight against fans & haters!". This platform shooter put those characters in an adventure that spans 5 stages (sectors). With an included final boss, but along the way you will encounter 4 different types of enemies in this journey (more info on those enemies in the tab below). The game can be played in both English or Spanish languages. Also, the devs have snuck in some Easter Eggs to be foundContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: