Multiman - 2 Partition (FAT32 + NTFS) - Don´t work

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by ps3rock, Jan 18, 2015.

1. 10
    ps3rock

ps3rock Forum Noob

Hi,

Sorry for another question of NTFS, but I can´t figure it out :(

My configuration:

- CFW Darknet 4.66 1.02
    - Multiman 4.66.10
    - External HDD verbatim 3Tb - 2 partition (2Tb fat32 - games in jb format and 1Tb - games 4gb+ in ISO format - in folder PS3ISO!)

My question is that after reading several stuff in very places, forums, sites,etc I understand that now is possible to play games in ISO in External HDD format in ntfs or with 2 partition (fat32+ntfs or vice-versa). But i can´t get it work :(

I read stuff like these:

- Captain CPSX NTFS mounter
    - Prepntfs
    - USB.cfg
    - PFS driver

But i already did read so many stuff that I’m very confused :/, but this what i understood:

- The prepntfs is just for webman - I think...
    - USB.cfg and the pfs driver is not longer needed, because in the latest multiman is no longer needed that options
    - And deank said multiman can handle with 2 partition

I choosed the option - scan connected NTFS USB drives - nothing appear...
    Then I tried either option (pfs driver) or the option (change drive) in multiman, but it said i don’t have usb.cfg??? But I thought that isn’t needed anymore, but i even so i tried it and nothing...

Some1 that have 2 partitions ( Fat32 + NTFS ) with games running from NTFS partition can help or some1 with lots of experience with this kinda of stuff? deank? or even better a tutorial? ;) :)

I also read that some external HDD don’t work.. how I can know if mine is one of them?

Thanks in advance and I hope some1 can help me :)

Cheers and happy 2015

2. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

1) your Partitions has to be MBR (2 TB file limit) and not GPT
    2) Your Fat32 Partition has to be first then the ntfs Partition (as second)
    3) both Partitions Fat32 + NTFS has to be formatted primary and not logical!)
    you can use Ease us Partition Master or any other Pc Tool that will allow to do this steps

4) If you use Cobra CFW switch from multimanCobramode mmcm to standard multiman mode (in multiman after that press PFS driver)
    dev/pvdusb000+pvd1usb001 will appear in mm desktop choose pvdusb001 not pvdusb000 or the ps3 will freeze pvdusb0001 is your partitionated NTFS drive you dont need have implicitly USB.cfg

I have a 1,75 TB external HDD with 1,52 TB FAT32 and 72 GB NTFS (only to transfer files bigger than 4 GB too my internal PS3 HDD without to split them) working perfect cant say much about prepntfs on partitionated HDDs i dont use it but maybe its working too?

or use the recent Irisman (3.38) by Aldotools and go to file manager

its also can read from ntfs drives i noticed even on logical Partitions for multiman it has to be primary...

you have to launch prepntfs everytime you add new content to your NTFS HDD inside PS3ISO, BDISO and so on and also try to use webman mod maybe it will work with it i dont know if u need usb.cfg for this...

by the way im not a expert but this steps have worked for me also english is not my native language

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  3. 7,589
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Not sure, but your problem is that you have 3tb Drive. PS3 support max 2,2tb drives due to MBR lba48 limit. Your first partition is under that limit, thats why is recognised, maybe try to make 1 fat partition and 2 1tb ntfs partitions. One of ntfs partitions maybe gonna be recognised in multiman after change pfs driver. But maybe something changed now, wait for other answers.

BTW. You can backup your games to fat 32 in splitted iso format. For make/split iso use PS3 ISO Tools

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  4. 10
    ps3rock

ps3rock Forum Noob

Hi guys, thanks for trying help me

Both partition are MBR and Primary. Yes first is fat32 second is NTFS

i tried irisman 3.38 but none game of ntfs partition shows.

I convert all games with rudi ps3 iso tools and i put all in PS3ISO folder in the root of disk and all Isos inside.

I dont know what are missing... :(
    [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] can you you try help me? i can´t even with your Irisman 3.38 :(