PS3 multiMAN Flickering file browser[bug?]

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by Pino, Sep 2, 2018.

1. 15
    Pino

Pino Forum Noob

Hello everyone,

I am opening this thread because I am having some issue with multiMAN_04.82.00_BASE
    When I open some folders especially the root of my PS3 HDD, the browser starts flickering... seems like that its refreshing itself at a very high speed.

Does anyone have the same issue?
    How do I fix this?

Here is the video...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k3GIzvH4KLYLj_iWP7_J9MLhAQW0af3j

2. 8,855
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Sounds simple and dumb but have you tried a different controller.

It almost seems like a button is being registered and on the dualshock 3 this can happen easily with those controller. Often times the connection ribbon cable can slide and not make proper contact on the inside of the controller. Usually some drops will eventually do this.

kozarovv likes this.
  3. 15
    Pino

Pino Forum Noob

You were right! The problem is my PS3 controller... But is strange since I do not have any strange behavior expect when I use multiMAN.
    Anyhow, I tried with a PS4 controller and everything work wonderfully.

Thank you again.

STLcardsWS likes this.
  4. 8,855
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Its an easy fix if you take apart your controller., plenty of legit YT videos on this subject.

Zazenora likes this.
  5. 5,439
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Well, i would not say repair that problem is easy exactly, is needed to be a bit "handy" and there are a couple of tricky parts:

-Opening and closing the DS3 "body"... if you open it in a wrong angle all small plastic pieces, buttons, and stuff goes out of his positions and can even fall to the floor... and when you close it is frustrating, you need to repeat it several times until it does the "pop" and closes it well. Watch some (several) youtube videos to see how people does the open/close (and take a lot of attention at the details and comments)

-After opened, dont start moving the circuit board all around, because the wires for the motors will break... if you have a solder iron and you are ok at soldering, the best thing you can do is to desolder that wires and after that you can tear it appart completly without any danger

-You need to know where is located exactly the problem of the "phantom button presses" and why it happens, here we was talking about it:
    www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3-controller-presses-buttons-when-shaken-can-it-be-fixed.16299/

Basically... the problem is caused because the copper contacts at the border of the Ribbon Circuit Boards has been oxidized
    That oxidation is a chemical reaction, is imposible to "restore" that particles of the copper material, so there are 3 solutions:

-Add more pressure on top of the oxidized copper contacts, by using some rubber material located in the same position where is located the original rubber material. This should work, but probably is a temporal fix

-Cover the oxidized copper material by adding a new layer of other conductive material on top... there are "silver paint" pens that uses a ink made with silver particles, this is the professional way to repair circuits but this pens are very expensive... as a ghetto alternative you can do what i suggested in the other thread using a normal "graphite" pen

-In the worst scenario, if the previous solutions doesnt works... you can buy a replacement Ribbon Circuit Boards, are easy to find and the prices are ok (like 4€ free shipping), but before ordering take a look at the link in wiki to find which exact model fits in your controller. There are 3 or 4 types as most (and lot of compatibles from different models)

------------
    Edit:
    I jut found a message from other user that tryed my idea of painting the damaged copper contacts with a graphite pen and it did work :)
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/dualshock-3-over-reacts-after-cfw-rebug-4-78-1.9475/#post-42924

-----------
    Edit2:
    Just found this, pretty cool, "home made" conductive paint made with graphite powder
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Conductive-Paint/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
Tags: