PS3 multiMAN + USB Bluray Burner

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by Pino, Sep 6, 2018.

1. 15
    Pino

Pino Forum Noob

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know / tried if is possible to connect an external Blu Ray Writer to a PS3?

2. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    No is not possible.

3. 15
    Pino

Pino Forum Noob

That is a shame :(

I am not sure I am in the right place to ask this but...
    Since I have more than 50 Original PS3 Games in Blu Ray that I would love to convert them into an iso, is there a way to do it via Windows or Linux? If there is a way, would you someone so kind to share the links of the needed utilities?

If possible, I would rather not using my PS3 Blu Ray Reader to copy them into my PS3 HDD via multiMAN since the average game size is around 30 GB. It means that at least it requires more than an hour for each Blu Ray.

In contrast, I tried to copy them via PC, and it took half of the time and above all, I did not wear down my PS3 Blu Ray Reader.

By the way, I am not sure if I did it right, but in Linux to do a 1:1 copy I did (please correct me if I am wrong)

Code:
    sudo dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/media/ps3_iso/game.iso
    Well, thank you for the quick reply Mr. Kozarovv.

P.S. As long I do not share my PS3 iso and/or sell them, everything is Legal... Am I right?

4. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I'm not sure is possible on PC, as some decryption is needed to make them work on PS3. Here is more: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/cobra-mamba-with-support-true-iso.20460

5. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

You can dump and decrypt them on PC, but still You need keys from Your PS3 ODD and from the game itself (for every title), possible to obtain only on PS3 (first one only on fw 3.55 because no one yet write similar app for newer firmwares).

After that, You can send all *.iso via FTP to the "dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/" (as I remember).

Maybe, just maybe @Zar will implement proper dumps support via ManagunZ but currently there is no other way than old methods.

I don't know if this dumping method on Linux is ok. Probably it is. ;) I'm using ImgBurn (both on Windows and Linux (via Wine)). If You have time, You can compare images made by DD and by IB.

If it is legal or not, depend on each country law. In my, thanks God it is legal.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    kozarovv likes this.