PS3 multiMAN Won't Load Games from HDD

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Mya, Dec 2, 2019.

1. 10
    Mya

Mya Forum Noob

Full-Time Student
    I'm extremely new to jailbreaking since I recently got my PS3 jailbroken.

I'm currently running multiMAN 4.85 using Overflow 4.85 CFW. Everything else with Multiman works in proper condition; I'm able to copy my game data to my internal hard drive and my BD-ROM Emulator is enabled from my Settings. I haven't installed the update for the game after copying it due to me having the inability to play it after loading it from multiMAN but it returns me to the XMB screen and there is nowhere for me to launch the game from there. As far as I know, I don't have any other packages installed besides PSN Patch 44.81 and Wipe History 1.00.

There is also a folder under the "Network" tab of the XMB that says "Download Games", which has a list of games from the European region (BLES) listed inside of it. When I attempt to download or click on them, nothing happens. The folder's description also says "Download games from the list ( DO NOT DOWNLOAD IN BACKGROUND )", but my attempts to download them didn't work.

I'm wondering if there is some software that I might be missing or left out? I couldn't find any accurate searches for my problem so any help on this would be much appreciated.

If it also helps, I have a CECHK Fat PS3 that uses CEX.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. 1,437
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Overflow 4.85 was removed from PSX-Place's list of 4.85 CFW as it violates the Site/Forum Rules & Guidelines. While it is your choice which CFW you use, please note that no help will be given for CFW features which violate the site rules. This includes downloads of games that are not legitimately owned either on the original disc or the purchased digital version from the official PS Store. I hope you understand our position.

3. 10
    Mya

Mya Forum Noob

Full-Time Student
    Alright, I downloaded Overflow from an external source site and I bought a physical copy of the game mentioned above, but I can completely understand that Overflow violates the Forum Rules.

4. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Overflow CFW's have had bugs since 4.83, so I class it as an unstable CFW. You'd be better off with either Ferrox 4.85 or REBUG Lite 4.85 CFW's.

For your disc based games you have copied to your PS3's HDD when mounted with MultiMAN you should check the "app_home/" option on the XMB in the games column. Just hover over it and the game will appear. This means you are using an non cobra version of overflow.

Also the BD emulator option is not needed anymore so I would uncheck this option in MultiMAN.

If it was a Cobra version MultiMAN would/should detect this and start in mmCM (MultiMAN Cobra compatible Mode). If not you could try and manually switching MultiMAN into mmCM by selecting that option in the settings menu of MultiMAN, then mounting your game and the disc icon should appear on the XMB in the games column.

In any case I would highly recomend you switch your CFW to a more stable one which I mentioned above. I would recomend REBUG Lite 4.85 myself.

As for the other things ..... as @Coldheart2236 rightly said no one will help with this on this site.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  5. 1,437
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Completely understandable. We're not trying to police what CFW people use, but since Overflow 4.85 did violate site rules, it was simply de-listed from the site but obviously it is still available elsewhere. You're welcome to help and support for legitimately owned games, we just don't help with piracy related matters or even discuss them; it's one of the few things we are strict on :)

With regards to your original post
    It is perfectly safe to download and install game updates from the XMB, as there is no connection to PSN in doing so which means there's zero ban risk in downloading game updates the way you would on an unmodified PS3. Any other assistance you need for legitimately owned games, please just ask and I or others will help you where possible :)

6. 10
    Mya

Mya Forum Noob

Full-Time Student
    I don't mind switching to a more efficient CFW in that case, but thank you for the help and I'll definitely look into REBUG.

7. 10
    Mya

Mya Forum Noob

Full-Time Student
    Alright, I've switched my CFW to REBUG Lite, and everything worked properly at first. However, I installed the PSN Patch plugin back to my system and it suddenly keeps freezing on startup. I'm not entirely sure how to fix it, but is there a way that I can?

8. 10
    Mya

Mya Forum Noob

Full-Time Student
    EDIT: Was able to find a self-fix for it by reconverting to OFW to start from scratch with it. Again, thanks for the helpful tips.

9. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Re-installing REBUG again would have removed the PSN Patch plugin. Once on CFW you don't need to go back to OFW really. Just so you know for next time anything like this happens.

As for PSN Patch plugin I am not sure what would have caused this, a few people have had this happen with the plugin on various CFW's from time to time. I don't use the plugin, I just use the app without it.

10. 10
    Mya

Mya Forum Noob

Full-Time Student
    Ahh, I see. From then on I'll try to keep those tips in mind, even though I've deleted all files from PSNPatch before re-installing REBUG and kept Cobra enabled.