PS3 My first jailbreak not that simple

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by debidoobs, Apr 6, 2020.

1. 4
    debidoobs

debidoobs Forum Noob

Hello Guys,

I was expecting to jailbreak my PS3 today but im stuck. First of all sorry for my english if its not perfect.

So today, during quarantine, i decided to jailbreak my PS3 slim CECH 2504B with 4.82 firmware by using a french tutorial (here : ).. the guy says it can be done in 15min.. everything was going fine until i connected to PS3Xploit.com from the ps3.. As the main page is totally different.. and there is a warning on the website saying "the V2 flash writer and dumper has been retired"... it makes my ability to go further more delicate.

I clicked Flash writer --> "4.82-4.86 OFW..." then i have page called "toolset".. and from there i have no clue what to do. And last but not least, the CFW (rebug 4.82.2 LITE) i put in my usb key might be totally useless or even dangerous if outdated ?!

Should i update the OFW of my PS3 to be able to jailbreak in 2020 ?

Thanks for your help

Debi

2. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

the toolset is the flasher (and dumper) and is the new way to jailbreak. try to find a guide in your language for "bgtoolset"

debidoobs likes this.
  3. 4
    debidoobs

debidoobs Forum Noob

Its all good Coro, i just followed a tutorial from youtube published 24h ago and it a success !

My problem from now is i cannot read my ntfs extern hdd with some ISO file inside.. i scan it from multiman then go in PS3 root but nothing when its a ntfs i tried to connect with, once i try with a fat32 format it's all good but as fat32 is 4go max i don't know how im going to proceed... i think i won't play tonight..

4. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

i havent used ntfs with ps3 but i know its is possible to read game iso from it. i dont think you can write to it.

make sure the games are in folder named PS3ISO.

you can also try to load with webman mod but you have to scan for the games to find them.

you may need something called "prepntfs" to use ntfs.

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 4
    debidoobs

debidoobs Forum Noob

Hey Coro, thanks for your reply.. Everything worked great for few days. I put some games in my PS3 HDD.. But one thing stranged happen today, i put 3 games in my external usb fat32. Usually i would copy the package files (BLES...) to my hdd then play it, see if everything work fine and then copy an other one.. like one by one and trying the game each time.. I decided today to copy 3 games straight to my hdd. And unfortunatly there is no sound in all of them... really strange also the look of multiman board is completly different i do have only one page when i get in to multiman... i ll send photo to show you.

6. 8,602
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

There are different views in Multiman. Desktop view, game cover views etc. You probably just need to change it.

With your previous NTFS issue, try another manager, Multiman is known to not be great for NTFS. Try something like the latest IRISMAN, Managunz or webMAN Mod plugin. They have better NTFS drivers afaik.