PS3 Need help a Newbie for PS3

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by MNH, Mar 15, 2019.

1. 6
    MNH

MNH Forum Noob

Asalam Alaikum(Greetings)!

I recently bring PS3 and it has only 10 games installed. When I searched over the internet, found some HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper, but when I try, Initialize ACT/IDPS Dumper button and Dump Path Drop Down both are disabled. I didn't know anything about it, therefore, I need assistance or need or guide regarding PS3. I found some information on PS3 is:
    -System Software Version 4.83
    -Message when access URL: http://ps3xploit.com/han/actidps_dumper.html:
    Your PS3 is not on FW 4.81+! Your current running FW version is 4.83. which is not compatible with PS3Xploit Tools 3.0. All features have been disabled.

I understand while surveying this website that I need to downgrade my FW to 4.81+ and I didn't have any idea how can I do it.

Additionally, I found something in GAMES -> Game Data Utility -> XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) but didn't find it's manager or installer or application on my PS3.

Guide me about the question which are:
    1 - The way to downgrade FW 4.83 to FW 4.81+
    2 - Do I update my software version of PS3 from 4.83 to 4.84
    3 - Is there any way to restore XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) or Reinstall it.
    4 - What is my PS3 FW type? It's CFW or OFW.

Kindly help,
    Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Muhammad Naveed Haroon (MNH)

2. 1,321
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

1. we don't support piracy
    2. You are on firmware 4.83, which has no HAN or CFW path without hardware flasher (and even then only select models)

You can use backup injection for your game backups, but otherwise, whoever updated to 4.83 hates you.

n00b likes this.
  3. 300
    n00b

n00b Member

Walaikum Assalam Muhammad Naveed Haroon!
    In case you have updated to 4.83.You can no longer use HAN.You are now on OFW which means (official firmware by [email protected]).XMB Manager plus only works on CFW (Custom firmware) But don't worry you can still use PS3XPORT Tool on any OFW for converting your retail discs games that you legally purchased.So,wether you are on 4.83 or 4.84 PS3XPORT TOOL would work.This is a simple guide on how to use PS3XPORT TOOL https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-use-ps3xport-tool-beginners-guide.22997/
    The PS3 you bought contains pirated games.You cannot talk about piracy on this site.You get a message of site rules while signing up for PSX Place This site has very strict rules.If someone tries to unfollow them gets banned.I hope you understand brother:)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    MNH likes this.
  4. 6
    MNH

MNH Forum Noob

Thanks, Bhai! Appreciate your help.

n00b likes this.
  5. 300
    n00b

n00b Member

Happy to help bhai:)