Need help about recovery mode

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Taltides, Jan 21, 2019.

1. 2
    Taltides

Taltides Forum Noob

Well the thing is that I need to update my ps3 fat to 4.82 I have the update on my pendrive and when I enter into the recovery mode it says: put the update 4.65 or olders versions . What can I do (sorry for my English I don't speak it)

2. 2,821
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Assuming that this is to jailbreak your PS3 with the 4.82 software exploit then this is what you need to do to update to 4.82 first:

Make sure the flash drive is formatted to FAT32 MBR (not GPT) then on the root of the USB create a folder called PS3, then inside this one make another folder called UPDATE the put the pup file in here and make sure it named PS3UPDAT.PUP. now put the USB stick in the USB port closest to the BD drive (the right side usb port)

Now make sure there are no disc's in the drive and that your internet connection is disabled. Now go to the Settings column on the XMB and go to System Update, then Select Update via Storage media. Now the PS3 should install the 4.82 pup file. Once this is done you can then enter Recovery mode and install again.

To be honest if its asking for that on the revcoery menu then you will be safe to install it from there as well. it wont be asking for and older version, it will be 4.65 or above. So you could install the 4.82 pup from the recovery menu twice. If you are going to jailbreak then make sure you install it twice before starting the exploit.

Taltides likes this.
  3. 2
    Taltides

Taltides Forum Noob

:distress::distrust:
    Thanks i will try today and yes it is exactly for that :encouragement: