Need help: Porting Tales of Vesperia patcher to Linux

Discussion in 'Translations' started by homebrewisnice, Mar 12, 2018.

1. 4
    homebrewisnice

homebrewisnice Forum Noob

We've been working to get the Tales of Vesperia Japanese to English patcher working on Linux. However, we fail at finding an alternative for ebootMod.exe. We've already tried makeself and self_rebuilder but we can't reproduce a workable EBOOT.bin. We get the error code 80010007 during game launch.

If anyone has a suggestion for converting a modified ELF to a working bootable EBOOT in Linux, feel free to suggest things here or leave a comment in the GitHub pull request.

For more info and the pull request:
    github dot com /AdmiralCurtiss/ToVPatcher/pull/3

2. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

Can't You just make xdelta for EBOOT? It will take almost the size as whole container but safe a lot of headache to the user... Back in time, I have problem to patch this game just because of this application and keys. ;p

BTW: You are one of the translation project member? Have You fix the bug on one of the location (I forgot the name now, but it is location with "flying whale"). Starting any encounter here (besides boss battle) lead to instant freeze (so player must use holy bottle all the time). This was few years ago so I cannot remember details (I wrote it to the official thread).

3. 4
    homebrewisnice

homebrewisnice Forum Noob

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do think that this should be solvable with using makeself. I just don't know how and why ebootMod works and just signing it doesn't.

I'm not a member of the project. I'm a regular user helping out the porting to Linux. I don't know whether that bug is fixed or not.

Tags: