Need help with a Project (idea)

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SeanRanklin, Aug 2, 2019.

1. 135
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Basically i've had this idea for the longest time to be able to 'merge' my 2 PSN accounts. One i made back when the PS3 launched and another was made when PS4 launched, as i didnt like my old PSN name and there was no way to change existing accounts back then.

Over the years ive worked hard at obtaining platinums for both of my accounts, keeping PS3 games on my ps3 account and vise versa. Now with the PSN name change feature, id like to merge my platinums onto the one account. I can sort of accomplish this by simply using the Trophy unlock feature on the REbug xmb menu, but the problem is, it only unlocks on the spot and gives the current date/time format. I want to be able to use my old dates that i actually unlocked the trophies on.

Is there a program or menu i can use to alter the dates? I honestly dont mind going one by one and changing the dates for each one no matter how time consuming, but theres nothing i know of that can do such a thing. Also this would mean i would need to transfer my saves over (not as important but) Can PS4 saves be transfered to another accounts, or only PS3 ones can be?

2. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

you can transfer ps4 saves with save wizard. it requires the system be on the latest firmware though. and, it's $60. I think there may be another save "mounter" payload, but I don't really know what it does.

3. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    You could try to use the internal Date & Hour Settings on the PS3 to replicate each trophy acquired, the trouble is that Sony could find it odd if you sync trophies from lets say 2008 which never have been synced before, but it not like they would bother to take a look at it.

What i advise its with Rebug, use whatever Trophy Unlock feature its available,and replicate the dates with your previous account, after you are done with it, switch to OFW, as this will minimize the risk of getting banned. Dont go unlocking Platinums left and right, this will only arise further suspicious from SEN, personaly i dont condone or support trophy hacking, as i always do it legitimately and i have a account that i used since the PS3 days,and still use it today with my main OFW systems, in my opinion trophy hacking, takes away the purpose of achieve a certian goal within the game,but these are my methods, but with your case its understandable, as you already Platinumed your games once, and as there is no Trophy Transfer Feature, this is the only way possible.

4. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Ive heard of the Save Wizard, but in my eyes its nothing more than a modern day Action Replay, the trouble is that the vast majority of the PS4 Titles will lock the Trophy,even if you use Save Wizard and the same is signed to your system, making trophy acquisition impossible, even though you have the "parameters" to unlock the trophy with the modified save, the system wont show the trophy because you in theory didnt unlocked the necessary parameters to the trophy, catch my meaning? :)

A Game which comes to my mind of this Trophy Wall is Persona 5, although i am Platinuming it legitimately on the PlayStation4, ive also test it on the PlayStation3 due to the 60FPS Amicia Mod,just for the sake of curiosity, the trophies is both shared by the PS3 and PS4,as by syncing them on the PSN,any trophy progress you make on the PS3, counts on the PS4 as well, so they are not two separate versions,although they look like,but thats not the point, anyhow,while testing the Amicia Mod for the P5,ive observed that certian trophies cannot be unlocked,even if you meet the certian criteria, for that i boosted the Confidant Rank to max,and registred all the Personas on the Compendium,which are the two most hardest and time consuming trophies to get on P5, specialy when we are talking about a 70h+ JRPG,which dear lord, anyway, to finalize the story, the Trophies didnt pop-up, even though this was "In-Game" criteria,which is really a hit or miss with each title,and Save Wizard only makes it worse, so its not worth it spending 60$ on a feature you know is not going to work for Trophy Achievement.

5. 8,441
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

You can not sync trophies unlocked with Rebug, they end up with ownership assigned to vsh just like unlocked saves.

Use one of the other methods ;)

6. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I didn't know that about ps4 save wizard. I was going to say unlock them manually as trophies use a .db in the home directory. it works on the vita at least (not sure what would happen if you were to sync them).

edit: the file name is trophy_net.db I believe.

edit 2: I wasn't thinking, 'cause you wouldn't be able to access the file on the latest firmware, sorry.

7. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

okay, I found out what may be the cause. under users, within the trophy_net.db, is the account name (possibly id as well).

edit: it also has "time last used," which could be either when it synced or when you got a new trophy. mine dates back to 2015.

8. 2,688
    Berion

Berion Developer

He can but they will not be show in statistics.

For time stamps, PS3 uses internal clock. It is independent from system settings.

ntodek and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Remove the CMOS, problem solved

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

10. 135
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Okay still debating on whether to go ahead with this or not. The idea is cool but there are numerous risks/flaws too.

What do you guys mean? I have used this feature before for 3 online trophies for a game that had its servers shut down years ago and it worked/synced up just fine..

Yes i've heard of this before. But i'm not too crazy on the idea of paying money to have it done.

Im still figuring out whether i should move my PS3 data to my ps4 account or vise versa. Seems like this would be more effective than trying to copy ps4 data over. My main issue here is not wanting the ps3 old trophies displaying above my ps4 games.

11. 135
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Yeah, i have no intention of cheating my way through platinums. One of the main appeal of buying games this and previous gen were the platinum itsef. I just wish sony would allow you to transfer data between accounts.

Its good news that the date and time in system of the ps3 affects the trophy stamp, but the thought of changing this over 1000 times is nauseating :(

12. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I would only do that if you can stand it getting banned (if it does). I was using the same account on my ps3, ps4, and vita/pstv, so I lost everything when I got banned. now, I have a new ps3, new account on it, and I made a new account on my psv/pstv (transferred saves and everything). the only thing left is the ps4, but we can't sign in on 5.05, so I've ceased playing the system entirely;. I only have about 10 hours playing time though.

edit: of the big 3, sony is probably the least tolerant. I heard that nintendo won't ban accounts usually unless you're caught cheating. and, I've gotten in trouble for modifying my gamer score on the 360. microsoft reset my score, but didn't ban me. I changed my account name myself, so I might be banned if I try signing in, assuming that's not tolerated. however, when it comes to sony, they like to ban both unless it's cheating related, in which case they may only ban the account.

13. 2,688
    Berion

Berion Developer

Trophies with debug flag will not be show in Sony statistics. They are syncing fine but they are not included in user compares, statistics, user level and all this social BS. ;) And this could be straight way to be banned (however, no one yet was banned only because of this).

kozarovv likes this.
  14. 135
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Hmm, i might just leave it on second thought. It does seem like a lot of work and the potential for a ban does concern me a bit, i mean, its not 1-3 trophies were talking about here xD

On another note, is there any way of changing the order that your trophies display on your PSN profile? If i can change the sort list, i'll just re do some of my easier PS3 Plats on my PS4 account, but i dont want them at the top of my list.