Need help with installing pkg on CFW (4.84 REBUG REX) confused...

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by davis, Mar 17, 2019 at 4:54 AM.

1. 1
    davis

davis Forum Noob

Hello all. Pretty new to the ps3. Actually trying to help a friend here.

I have the PS3 up and running with Rebug rex 4.84 (latest one I could find). Everything seems to work fine. I can install games so far that are in a folder format. It took a while to get them to work. Finally found out I needed to update them. Once I did that everything seemed to work.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get games to work that are in pkg format. I was able to FTP in and install the game no problem, but now it says I can't play it unless I update it on the PSN. So I did some more reading and found out that I need use the .rap file somehow which I do have.

I first read about using HAN by accessing the PS3Xploit website. So I start the process and it tells me that Since I'm currently using version 4.84 it is not compatible. So my next try was going to be reActPSN.

I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I see so many options in the REbug CFW maybe there is something in there that is going to make this a lot easier for me.. Am I going in the right direction or am I totally missing something easy? Can someone tell me what I need to do with my current firmware to get this PKG to work properly? I'm still not sure what Cobra is. Does that have something to do with it?

Any help would be great. There is a lot to take in starting this project from scratch.

Thanks!

2. 65
    n00b

n00b Member

HAN was released for only the consoles that cannot be jailbroken including superslims and some slim models.CFW users don't need HAN.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 6:04 AM
  3. 2,290
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

RAP activation generally requires either PSNPatch or reactPSN. You don't need PC or HAN tool.

n00b likes this.
Tags: