PS4 Need recommandation for sites or groups where i can download old archive patches for game

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by Starforce2005, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:06 PM.

1. 6
    Starforce2005

Starforce2005 Forum Noob

Not sites like orbismodding since they only have latest patch, but if i'm looking for a specific old archive patch i don't know here to look for.

I don't know if i post this in the right place, if not i'm sorry

Any help really appreciated!

2. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I know of no site for something like that other than orbis modding. it's good knowing what the required firmware is with latest patch for games. I was thinking it might have some older update package links on there, but I may have been thinking of something else.

3. 19
    xanadu247

xanadu247 Forum Noob

4. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

hmm, I had forgotten about that page. one of the two was under a different name at first. that page may be what I was thinking of, 'cause I remember being able to select different patches from somewhere.

5. 6
    Starforce2005

Starforce2005 Forum Noob

Hello xanadu! I think this website only had the latest patch same as orbismodding.

6. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

upload_2020-1-14_23-43-16.png

7. 6
    Starforce2005

Starforce2005 Forum Noob

I didn't know that exist! i guess its not every game has archive patch listed, the page i was looking for is God of War which doesn't have that button, thank you for you patient of posting a image to clarify that!

8. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

afaik, with god of war, the day one update was for 5.55, so if you're using hen, it's unplayable. I just installed the base game as a result. also, I think both sites only have official updates (not fake signed). I tried extracting one of the pkgs on there, and ps4's pkg viewer doesn't work.

9. 6
    Starforce2005

Starforce2005 Forum Noob

Hello pinky, i'm new to this scene, may ask a noobish question, what exactly is "fake signed update" used for in this case?
    I have 3 guesses
    1.If my game is a pkg file unpacked ones(not disc game) then i need fake signed update in order to update the game, official update only work with disc game
    2.Fake signed update could let lower firmware version of PS4 able to run a update that require a higher firmware version (like 4.74 PS4 able to run 5.05 update)
    3.A specific game dump require a matching fake signed pkg in order to even use it

please correct me, much appreciated!

10. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

game or update must be fake signed to play on a ps4. the game must be bootable to dump it. you can choose to dump games + updates as a single thing or separately. I always try separately if possible. if you download a fake signed update or make one yourself, you'll probably need duxa's pkg repacker or else the system will error when installing the pkg. the only time you don't need that is if you're installing a game and package that were dumped together. it doesn't matter if it's the same system or even account, the game and update are linked.

afaik, yes, you can't use an update unless it's been fake signed. well, unless it's using a legit license. and, as I said, the game must be bootable to dump the game and patch. you just need to dump the game with the dumper payload, create a gp4 (gengp4) from the contents. that file is a bit like a cue for cds. with that file, you can make a fake signed game. I think the gp4 is what links the game and patch, because it needs to read from the fake signed game pkg to make an update pkg from the gp4. that's my understanding of it. I've made many pkgs. I even had redid mine to have 0'd keystone.

without a 0'd out keystone, your legit saves will come up as corrupted. you need to make the pkgs modifiable (game) in orbis (ps4 fake package generator). I think that only the base game has a keystone file. if you make your pkg modifiable, you can fix the keystone and your saves will work.

11. 6
    Starforce2005

Starforce2005 Forum Noob

Thats alot of information, thank you very much!
    Just one more question regarding "linked" let say if i got a fake signed dump from one source but got a fake signed patch from another souce, the region is the same let say both are JP9000-CUSA07435, but they were created with different people are they consider not linked thus wouldn't work?(not the same account)

12. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

in that case, you'd have to use the duxa repacker. when I dumped my games again (to 0 out the keystone), I didn't realize I had to redo the updates. that's when I found out about the repacker. I had made the update dumps when I dumped the games, so I didn't think it necessary to do it again. when I went back to install the 0'd keystone games, the update failed to install. that's when I found out that you have to repack them. the only time you don't have to do that is if the dumps, game and update, were made at the same time.

13. 6
    Starforce2005

Starforce2005 Forum Noob

Thank you very much!

pinky likes this.
  14. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

you're welcome. it can seem a bit overwhelming with the ps4, but once you do the stuff yourself, it becomes second nature. :)