PS3HEN Need to know what to do

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by HolyMan15, Nov 27, 2019.

1. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

Hi guys! I am a noob at this stuff and I really need some help rn. First of all, my ps3 is a late-slim model so I'm a HEN user (HEN 3.0.0 HFW 4.85), the thing is that I want to know IF it's possible to export my psn games to a USB. I want to do this because recently while I was playing Mass Effect 3 at some random point of the game it crashed and my tv was full of pink, green and white squares. I didn't care at first but when I rebooted my ps3 the image froze after HEN's Icon showed up. (In the same way that Mass Effect did)

I rebooted it again afterwards, and the problem persisted but this time froze when I got to the XMB trying to load the game again. I noticed that I could still move on the XMB since I could hear my theme sounds everytime this happened.

Then, I got to Recovery Mode. First, I try to restore the file system, it froze during the process but I let it going till my ps3 restarted. It didn't work at all, so I tried to rebuild the database then. What happened whereas I was restoring the file system happened again, and this time there was a power outage (I'm from Venezuela. There are too many everyday, most likely that's why my HDD is fucked).
    At last, I restored default settings and... It worked! Well, kind of. After doing that, database's rebuilding went smoothly.

After rebuilding database, I set the date and time stuff, system language, etc. Finally, my ps3 was working properly (Or not?)

Then I deleted my old save data and created a new profile just in case, and after that I began to test my games, everything was working fine till I played Mortal Kombat 9 and it crashed during Challenge tower (Just like Mass Effect). At this point I was about to destroy my ps3 with a hammer but... Obviously I didn't, I'm not mentally fucked up. Then, I restarted my PS3 again, but this time was different, it didn't freeze at all and everything was working fine. It just crashed at that specific point of the game.

So, after telling you the whole story with my shitty drafting, here's what I want to do: I want to format my hdd in order to wipe that freaking corruption out, but obviously I'd like to keep all my games, mainly because it'd be a pain if I have to re-download them all. As I said I'm from Venezuela, and beside the power outages, we've got a terrible internet connection. Trying to download any game that's +4GB is a pain in the neck and it lasts forever (actually, there's no internet most of the time). It's just painful imagine that I have to download Persona 5 or The Last of Us again.

So guys, really, I need some help and I would appreciate any help you could provide. My apologies for the long post, thank you if you read it. And that's it, bye! (I'm really sorry if you struggled with my drafting, english learner)

P.D: Forgot to say that I have Webman, thing that I've seen that could cause trouble on Hen

2. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

Btw, I meant glitched when talking about those colored squares. The image looked glitchy when it froze.

3. 50
    ElGris

ElGris Member

You really have no other choice than redownload those games if you have to change the HDD. But I think what you have is a problem with the RSX, that's causing graphic glitches. I highly recommend you to clean it and change the thermal paste. Also check the temperatures of both processors on the xmb by pressing "start+select". If you have still problems after doing that, check the HDD with a sectors reader, like wizard partition manager (you'll have to plug the HDD in a computer).

If the HDD is ok, your PS3 has no much time left I believe.

HolyMan15 likes this.
  4. 2,409
    Berion

Berion Developer

Just copy those games via FTP to PC back and forth. No need to redownloading... If games are disc games (in folder format or disc images) there will be no problems but if they are SEN games, then You need additionally license files which You probably deleted with user account...

5. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

Thanks for your answer! Really appreciated. I may need some help cleaning up and changing the thermal paste since I've never disarmed my PS3, but I'll look for someone who can help me with that. It would be sad if my ps3 really had no much time left, it's already 7 seven years old. Hopefully everything will be ok

6. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

Ehm, the games that I actually downloaded from the Playstation Store are from other profile which I haven't deleted. In fact, I just have to log in that PSN account and activate my system again to make them work again I think. My problem is with Persona 5 specifically, I downloaded the pkg from ***PlayStation Store*** and installed it on my ps3. Is there any problem I could have with Persona related with those license files?

7. 2,409
    Berion

Berion Developer

As long as You keep licenses, no. Additionally make RAFs from RIFs.
    "dev_hdd0/home/<user number>/exdata/".

Algol and HolyMan15 like this.
  8. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

Ok then. Thanks for your help! Btw, do you think that this problem with the glitchy image is specifically due to the RSX? This happened to me when emulating ps2, it wasn't that grave like this one, but it eventually crashed at a random point of any game. Reason why I stopped using my ps3 for ps2 games.
    The other thing is, which tool should I use to make RAFs files?

9. 2,409
    Berion

Berion Developer

I doubt. Check S.M.A.R.T of this HDD first. Maybe it is dying.

I don't know, maybe ReActPsn if it works on Your firmware. I never need such functionality because I'm restoring licenses to my matched NPAID account, so all *.rif/*.edat (and probably *.mln - if I have such type - would work).

HolyMan15 likes this.
  10. 2
    linkaskred

linkaskred Forum Noob

I'm facing the same issue as you. Did not find any solution yet, but if I do, I'll let you know.

HolyMan15 likes this.
  11. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

I think the solution is most likely either format or change the HDD. Anyway, I hope you find something that may be useful.

12. 12
    Diux97

Diux97 Forum Noob

Can you play pkg games online? "Hen" will give problems to the psn?

13. 12
    Diux97

Diux97 Forum Noob

[QUOTE = "ElGris, post: 216702, membro: 50626"] Non hai altra scelta che scaricare di nuovo quei giochi se devi cambiare l'HDD. Ma penso che ciò che hai sia un problema con l'RSX, che sta causando problemi grafici. Consiglio vivamente di pulirlo e cambiare la pasta termica. Controlla anche le temperature di entrambi i processori su xmb premendo "start + select". Se hai ancora problemi dopo averlo fatto, controlla l'HDD con un lettore di settori, come il gestore delle partizioni della procedura guidata (dovrai collegare l'HDD a un computer).

Se l'HDD è a posto, credo che alla PS3 non rimanga molto tempo. [/ QUOTE]
    Puoi giocare online con i giochi pkg? "Hen" darà problemi alla psn?

14. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

I don't know since I don't really care much about playing online but there shouldn't be any problem to play pkg games online. In my case, when I tried to sign in PSN with HEN activated I just got an error message. I reckon there's a solution for that tho, I've seen some videos on youtube about it.[/QUOTE]

15. 2
    linkaskred

linkaskred Forum Noob

I really doubt it, at least in my case. I mean, if I remove the hard drive and then turn on the PS3, it still freezes/crashes, so I don't think the HDD is the problem.

16. 8
    HolyMan15

HolyMan15 Forum Noob

You could try what Elgris said

Tags: