PS3 Needing help ps3 superslim

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Hatter1031, Aug 8, 2019.

1. 4
    Hatter1031

Hatter1031 Forum Noob

I would like to jailbreak, hack, my PS3 super slim. I have done a good bit of hardware work to the ps3 super Slim's. But as far as software and stuff, You might as well say I am an idiot. I have watched a million videos and read just about everything that I can find about jailbreaking hacking exploiting. But I am still not 100% sure. Like I have some stuff I don't want to lose on it. I have been transferring it to each new ps3 I get. If someone wouldn't mind like actually walking me through this I would greatly appreciate it. Or if it cannot be done let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. 2,566
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Algol likes this.
  3. 4
    Hatter1031

Hatter1031 Forum Noob

Would the model make a difference in it? My current ps3 is a cech-4201A. Would I be able to put the old data on it still would I need to factory reset it first?

4. 11,535
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

your best option might to find pkgs of the games you own, since creating a pkg from installed content can be unreliable due to ftp losing its connection or the names of certain files, then create a rap from the act.dat (of the account that bought the content), your idps (system id), and the rif files (licenses). I don't think edat licenses contain any personal information. you may have to resign saves and such. tbh, I've never tried migrating an account from one ps3 to another while keeping the content on both.

5. 4
    Hatter1031

Hatter1031 Forum Noob

It isn't games, just saves. The person who helped me make the character passed away. So it is kinda sentimental.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  6. 11,535
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you can resign them, but I'm not really an expert on that.

7. 4
    Hatter1031

Hatter1031 Forum Noob

That's kinda why I literally want someone to talk me through it as I do it. Worse comes to worse I can Frankenstein with my old one and this one. My old one the Lazer kept going out and the new one didn't have a hard drive. So I kinda already have a bit of a Frankenstein going on.

8. 2,566
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    No it don't make a diference, HEN can be installed on any PS3 but was made for non-CFW PS3's which is late model CECH2500 Slims, CECH3000 Slims - CECH4000 SuperSlims.

For your saves you should be able to resign them with Bruteforce Save Data, you will need your PS3's IDPS , your PSN Account NP ID ( Online ID) and the user number for the PS3 to which the account is in eg> 0000001. Its a lot easier then people think as long as you follow the steps and make sure each file within the save is updated and resigned properly especially the PSD file.

For your NP ID you can get this from one your saves you have made on another game with the account you want to resign the saves to.

Algol likes this.