PS3 new ps3 save tool (testing wanted)

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by bucanero, Jan 25, 2020.

1. 8,072
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Playtime and achievements do matter to some people, So it would be good to add support for those profile saves too..

pinky likes this.
  2. 12,643
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

playtime is important to me. when my original switch died and I was sent a replacement, my activity log still showed the same times, so they must be uploaded to nintendo's servers. I was able to erase it and start over for all of my games. I just didn't want it to look like I sucked badly at the games. :-p

3. 3,365
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Not what you said here so make up your mind .....

[QUOTE="Berion, post: 227202, member: 1431"] It doesn't matter if only profile cannot be copied because it is the only one which will be unable to check in mass copy function from XMB[/QUOTE]

And just a quick FYI.... When I said they did not matter... I meant the copy protection as they were the only ones that were and that's it! You might notice that it was the statement followed after the "copy protection part"

4. 8,072
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

He was obviously not saying the save does not matter, he was saying the type of the save doesnt matter. His whole point is that the save does matter.

5. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    I don't have every game you mentioned, but I do have Lollipop chainsaw (US), and I had no issues removing the copy-lock and copying the save to USB.
    Just to be sure, after you select "Remove copy protection", do you clicked on "Apply patch & resign save" ? If you didn't apply and resign, then the copy-flag wasn't modified at all.

Another check, after you remove the flag, exit the app, then go to the XMB and browse your PS3 saves. If you select the "lollipop" savegame and click on "information", does it still show as "Copying Prohibited" ?

I think I also have Driver san francisco somewhere, I'll try to check it too.

Edit: btw, I've got some saves you sent, but there's no description of what game is which folder, nor a description of what stuff is in the save (e.g. "Yakuza 3, completed game, all unlocked on Hard difficulty") so I can't do much with that
    Please follow the notes in http://apollo-dl.psdev.tk/
    (make a .Zip for each save-game , and then make a simple text file explaining each savegame)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    yes that's another good thing to check, I forgot about the database... even if the flag is gone, maybe the XMB still has the "locked" flag cached in the database and blocks you from copying from XMB.

In any case, I can just add a "copy to USB" option from Apollo itself, to transfer a save no matter what flag it has :)

Algol likes this.
  7. 2,597
    Berion

Berion Developer

@bucanero Yeah, it is also good idea, maybe under User Backup with the rest? ^^

Meanwhile, I have finished Title Screen:
    apollo_titlescr.jpg

And assets pack no.1 in attachment. There could be less graphics and more simplified but in a way I did, it open future possibilities with some effects/transitions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. 121
    Algol

Algol Member

Oui, je confirme, il faut décrypter la SAVE avant d'appliquer le ou les patchs. Après le patch, la SAVE doit être ré-encodée et re-signée.

@+++

bucanero likes this.
  9. 2,597
    Berion

Berion Developer

@bucanero I forgot to mention: I have dropped Comforta for Roboto font. Google fonts have covering up gigantic amount of symbols so this should eliminate missing characters in text if You set codepage to UTF-8 (if this was the reason of those bugs anyway).

About:

apollo_about.jpg

aldostools, Algol, DeViL303 and 2 others like this.
  10. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    thanks a lot @Berion !! :pineapple: now I hope I can make it look as good as your screenshots! :D

regarding the fonts, I was doing some tests using the internal PS3 fonts (with UTF-8) and all the issues with the missing characters were gone. My only question about Roboto is the case of Japanese save-games (titles, descriptions, etc)

I'll do some tests (before I get bug reports from japanese users :) ); I think I have one or two jap savegames around

btw, I got the "export to .Zip" and the "bulk copy" (licenses, trophy) working, after I apply the new design I think I can make a new release.

Algol, Berion, DeViL303 and 1 other person like this.
  11. 12,643
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

still rockin' @Berion 's phalaris nebula theme along with several of his livearea icons on my pstv. ;) I do like his work.

Berion likes this.
  12. 10
    ashura

ashura Forum Noob

Hello bucanero thank you actually i am working on a text document that will have descriptions on every save data into one document in order to me to be able yo send to you this info attached into the same save zip data that i sent you before, still if you like i can send you file by file that info it will take me more time but i will be able to do IT as well, btw i managed to do this process on the saves like you told me however on some of them let me copy saves to usb and on others no

bucanero likes this.
  13. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    Based on feedback and ideas, the process will be much easier on the next version with the "Export to Zip" function. Most of the work will be done by the app, then the user would have just to take the .zip files from the USB device and upload the zip and description. It will save time and avoid troubles.

Anyways, before the next version, if you can provide a text file with a description for each folder (game name, and what kind of save it is) then I'll look into uploading those saves to the database.

14. 10
    ashura

ashura Forum Noob

jeje already done bucanero jeje you can check the issue thread on github jeje it will have the name of the save as folder name, then name of thegame and contents, best regards

15. 2,597
    Berion

Berion Developer

@bucanero System font(s) is(>>are) also nice. So if this will be easier for You, and if they will be displayed the same as on XMB, then forget about Roboto.

Exactly the same could be hard or even impossible. In about screen preview, I used different font type and some like i.e our all nicks a special format which Photoshop allow me (first letter is normal big letter but the rest are also big but smaller). So don't worry, if something is impossible or demand coding to much to worth the time and effort. ^^

Algol and bucanero like this.
  16. 2,597
    Berion

Berion Developer

@bucanero Sorry for reorganize a little sub menus. I hope You will not kill me for adding You work but IMHO it looks better now and it is more intuitive. :D What do You think about it?

apollo_saves_1.png apollo_saves_2.png

And assets pack no.2 in attachment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  17. 2,597
    Berion

Berion Developer

@bucanero Forgot to mention: maybe "Apply Cheat" and "Upload save" could be a third and fourth option under "Reclaim Ownership" and "Remove Copy Protection"? I completely forgot about this, sorry.

BTW: I have ~200 let's call them "master saves" for PS3 games. I don't connecting my PS3s to network, also I don't want share my saves with my NP Account ID. Is possible to resigning stuff based not on any PARAM.SFO in system saves or xRegistry.sys but ownership.txt alone (i.e reading such file would have highest priority)? Would be very nice. ^^

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    wow, that looks great! :D Amazing work ! :encouragement: don't worry I won't kill anyone :bitsbubba: hahahah :-p but I do need to think about how I can modify the code to actually support some of the changes. Probably I'll start with getting it working with the current code, and then iterate over it.

well, if I manage to implement all the cheat patching code from Bruteforce SD, I think that "apply cheat" will need to stay in a separate screen because you can have tons of code/cheats for a game, and it won't fit in the "details" screen.

I'm not sure why would you want to resign your save with external information (except if you want to share the saves, right?), but yes it can be done. For example, if there's a "owner.txt" file in "/dev_hdd0/game/NP0APOLLO/USRDIR/", then the app will use that information instead of whatever IDs can get for the console. Probably I won't add a UI for that, but I'll add the backend code. :)

19. 2,597
    Berion

Berion Developer

Thanks. ^^

I believe in You. :D

"Apply Cheat" could adding another "shuffle card" (layer 3), on top of "Details" menu (layer 2). I'm not sure how width we need but in worst scenario, could be just larger than detail "shuffle card" (for best looking, should be a little smaller but functionality of course have top priority).

I'll make another preview to visualize what I have in mind, with updated details menu with forgotten options.

Two reasons. :)
    • One is removing my own IDs to avoid possible account ban for that (this was never happen before but Id' like when risk == 0), in case of save sharing.
    • Second reason, is situation when user want resign save for someone on OFW who already have needed IDs.
    That's fine for me as long it will be possible. ^^

bucanero likes this.
  20. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    I've a bunch of new features ready (like export to zip, and copy to USB) plus some fixes, so I'm going to do one last release with the old GUI, probably tomorrow.

Then I'll be free to shift to the new GUI, and once the new UI is settled, I can return to implement new features (like the BSD patches).

Current users should get a notification within the app when the version it's ready. :)

ayassinsayed and Berion like this.