New PSTV on 3.30 - What to do?

Discussion in 'PlayStation TV (Vita TV)' started by IAmTheDude, Mar 19, 2016.

1. 25
    IAmTheDude

IAmTheDude Member

lol I like it :)

Well after getting everything set back up and working again I still can't access PSP/GAME, even with the FTP trick. So suffice to say I have to leave fiddling now till next weekend.

I was looking at Ark and OneMenu, they both say they can write to PSP/GAME so might see if I can get them booting and see if they do.

Q: If I purchased say a 4gb memory card, would I still be facing the same issues or is there a way to transfer to the memory card on the PC?

I dont want to drop cash on something that expensive (for a memory card) if I am

2. 11,955
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

u can make a backup of ur memory card if that's what u mean. there shouldn't be any issues as long as the memory card is the same size or larger than what ur transferring.

3. 25
    IAmTheDude

IAmTheDude Member

I was thinking more along the lines of the writing to /PSP/GAME, if I'd get the same problems if I brought a card.

I don't know how the MC's work with the Vita but I was thinking if there was a way to connect it to a PC and drop the PSX1 EBOOT onto it from a PC then plug it in would it work?

4. 11,955
    pinky

unfortunately, such a device doesn't exist. sony has kept information about the memory cards a secret which is the reason they're so expensive (no one else makes them so there's no competition). u have to go through cma to transfer to and from the memory card as well, and the game data is encrypted, so even if a device like that existed, u wouldn't be able to drag-and-drop the game into the correct folder.

5. 25
    IAmTheDude

IAmTheDude Member

Aw that's a shame.

Im just trying to find out if the GTA's even work on the Vita/TV first. I'd love to keep these games 'alive' and the PSTV is perfect for it :)

6. 11,955
    pinky

I've never personally tried to play a ps1 game through tnv. that's what tnx is for.

7. 25
    IAmTheDude

IAmTheDude Member

I take it TNX is a definite nono on 3.16 (sorry to sound derp, still getting to grips with the eCFW stuff)

I did make some progress with GTA2 though.

I installed ONEMenu, ftp'd the GTA2 EBOOT that works on the PSP to the root of the PSTV,. Then used VHBL to load ONEMenu, then ONEMenu to move the EBOOT into PSP/GAME as ONEMenu can write to it.

GTA2 now appears in TNV with boxart etc and launches!

But its slow as mud :( As soon as any cars are on screen it just lags :(

I cant try GTA1 or London as it seems a 'move' in ONEMenu is a 'copy-delete' so I dont have the space to try it as GTA1 is 600+mb

8. 11,955
    pinky

u'll have some issues with tnv. tnx has better compatibility, but afaik it won't work above 3.18/3.20. I know a lot about the psv, but [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] knows more than I do. he has multiple pstvs, so he has more experience with that, but I have more experience with the vita since I've owned one for longer than he has. he didn't have a vita 'til Christmas as per a gift iirc.

9. 25
    IAmTheDude

IAmTheDude Member

To be fair, I only picked it up because I found out I could play GTA:CTW fullscreen with a controller. And it was only £25 :)

Can play the odd PSP game I couldnt handle the small screen on but anything else I can get it to do is a bonus!

Ill keep my eye out on any deveopments for PSX on TNV but quite happy with what it does so far :)

10. 11,955
    pinky

that game may or may not run with tnv. I've not tried to play any psx games with the system since I have a modded ps2/ps3 and all of my backups r on discs. I do know it's buggy though, so it not working is not that surprising. how is the game formatted?