Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 New To The Site Advice Needed on new 4.84

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by Paul mc, Mar 26, 2019.

1. 1
    Paul mc

Paul mc Forum Noob

Hi,
    I am new to the site. I have been stuck on 4.83 OFW waiting for the chance to softmod my ps3.

I have heard of the 4.84 HFW and hopefully will attempt this week.

I dont fully understand all the different CFW and Han and tools on offer, so I am not sure which ones to download. My aim with the ps3 is to run ps1,2,3 games off HDD i am not looking to emulate other consoles.

If I change to new HFW can I then downgrade to a known good CFW like the 4.82 ones?

I read CFW is better than Han and would ideally like to get to a CFW. And which is the best one to use?

I have heard MultiMan and Managunz spoken of before.

I have modded other consoles before just not ps3

Any help and advice appreciated.

2. 137
    DADi590

DADi590 Formely known as fkd

ERROR
    Home Page:
    The main difference that I note, is HAN doesn't allow you to run homebrews, then many features of CFW are not available in HAN just because of that.

In order to know which ones to use, you firstly need to know if your PS3 is compatible with CFW. If it's FAT, then all of them are. Super Slim, none of them are. Slim, only the older ones are - 3XXX are not, and 25XX you need to check the minimum version that can be installed by using this tool: https://www.psx-place.com/resources/minverchk-minimum-version-checker.610/. Just "install" it like any other update and it must say 3.56 or older for you to be able to install CFW there (and HAN, if you choose not to install CFW). If it says 3.60 or later, then you can only install HAN (that's because you said you didn't know which files to use).

HFW 4.84 is basically a 4.84 OFW with a file (silk_webkit.sprx) copied from OFW 4.82 (and maybe translations files or something like that because there was a problem with the languages on 4.84.1). So it's OFW 4.84 + silk_webkit.sprx of 4.82 = HFW (from what I read). So after you jailbreak the console and install a CFW, it's just enable QA Flag and you're able to downgrade the PS3.

CFW vs HAN: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/hacking-the-ps3.10718/. CFW is better if you want to be able to have homebrews on the PS3. It's not better in the part where you can be banned MUCH sooner than with HAN (in which I think you are only banned if you play pirated games with PSN account online, but that's true in CFW too).

multiMAN and Managunz are examples of homebrews - which HAN cannot run. On OFW, only Cobra ODE can run homebrews and not all of them.

Hope this helped! Also, there is this thread where are more informations about HAN: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/what-exactly-is-han.23176/.

Tags: