Newb here... 6.72 - is it possible ?

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by DoktOr, Sep 5, 2019.

1. 6
    DoktOr

DoktOr Forum Noob

Hey Guys!

Youtube is flodded with tutorials how to jailbrake 6.72 OWF. Is it possible?

2. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

not possible atm. there's at least two kexploits, but they're not public.

3. 6
    DoktOr

DoktOr Forum Noob

So all those tuts are fakes? or worse scams?

4. 11,921
    pinky

yes, click bait.

LuanTeles likes this.
  5. 1,656
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    If someone told you to throw yourself of a bridge, would you do it?

Pardon, for this raw example, but the point being is, never believe these fake YouTube kids and plebs, they just do it for the attention and views, not to mention grab work from PSX-Place and other forums, and claim as they're own, as for now the only possible Exploit is for the Firmware 5.05, 6.72 is way to close, its still the current firmware that is on service on every PS4 Console, $ony still didn't update it, so exploiting it now only is difficult but time consuming.

When a new Exploit Chain for the PlayStation4 will be announced, PSX-Place and certified developers, will be the first to cover the news, so don't trust unreliable sources, such as YouTube, do some research for your sake.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Tidjane Ly, DoktOr and LuanTeles like this.
  6. 1
    Rascal0x0

Rascal0x0 Forum Noob

On this topic, I bought a ps4 slim last black friday (nov 2018), the spiderman bundle one. Is it possible to factory reset to the earliest firmware, and if so which version would that be? My current firmware is 6.72 unfortunately.

7. 11,921
    pinky

not possible. that's not what a factory reset does. seeing as how it's a spider-man bundle, the base firmware must've been 5.55 or higher.

edit: use this if you buy a new system: https://defaultdnb.github.io/PS4IDENT/index.html

I think it's up to date, 'cause I remember kiiwii (defaultdnb) asking me about my metal slime unit. not sure what the base firmware was, but it was on 3.xx when I bought it used.

edit 2: I'd suggest selling the system you have for one on 5.05 or lower. they're a little more expensive, but last time I checked, they weren't much more. I bought my system before that. since it's a special edition, I paid over $500 for mine. everything was pristine aside from the fact that the dq theme had been used. it came with a game voucher, which I did use. a friend found the god link for the theme a while back, and I made an unlock pkg for it. it's not sold, even on the JP store last time I checked, so I wouldn't really call it piracy, since it's supposed to go with the system and it's free that way.

originally, I got the dq 30th anniversary theme from the jp store to go with my system. I was hoping for something better, 'cause that theme is ugly as hell.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
Tags: