newb with continuous questions posted here :D

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Jay L, Jan 4, 2019.

1. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

hello, i have alota questions
    do i need to have a 4.83 spoofer for online play (like toggling rebug mode)or is psnpatch the only thing that changes that?(i think to install the psnpatch i need to be in rebug, but i read i should be in normal mode for compatibility and downgrading ease)

wat would (or did) you do on ur ps3 consoles for max funtionality?

2. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

If you are using CEX mode:

1. You should use the psnpatch plugin & Rebug Mode which is enabled by default anyway. I would not worry about those compatibility issues (with what?) you mentioned or downgrading ease.

2. Currently only SEN Enabler offers a 4.83 system software version spoofer. You would need to install SEN & apply the spoof just one time. You will need to remember to remove the spoof the day you decide to update your console fw.

3. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

hi o: thanks for the reply! im on cex, 4.82rebug i believe, and i have ceche01 semi backwards compatible console runnign it all,
    i switched (back?) to rebug mode just now and installed the psn plugin i wasent able to before by pressing select and up on dpad,
    i was told psn patch is good for newbs , but i guess sen enabler is better if i dont mess with any options upon exiting it or something...?
    but will psnpatch autospoof me to 4.83 when signing in or does it just hide other important syscall stuffs?

curioius: why do some people just press r2 and triangle then sign into psn without a problem?
    ----more&more questions------
    2: i dumped the idps and the eid root key but im not used to navigating the ps3 root to find it,
    sandungas noted that the dumped files would be in either -root of dev_hdd0
    -dev_hdd0/tmp
    -root of dev_usb
    so is it only multiman that navigates the root??
    and is there a link to learning what the important folders are used for on the ps3?

3: i have a backwards compatible console with emulation, is there a setting to prioritize this over watever else does this in rebug?

4:i installed webman mod, held down L1 for the full istall on the first time, and um when i press it, it just reinstalls it again, am i not accessing it properly? or is that webman mod file not important because i should be navigating to webman games icon instead each time from now on?

5: i have some old nes games i heard i could play with emulating (on retro arch or fceux something), i own this epic freaking superduper game called crystalis tht id love to play but im not sure how to navigate the topic without coming off like a pirate D; lol (and super mario 3 with friends! ) (i have lots of ps2 games also id like to copy/transfer into my ps3 but that seems more straightforward as i have a folder for it)

6: whats the quickest way to copy a ps3(orps2) game i own a disc for onto my ps3 and play it from xmb with the least messing around ?

7: whats the deal (or solution if anyone knows please) on successfully using normal youtube on ps3 ?

8:how simple is the procedure of putting the heatspreader back on aftr re thermal pasting it? getting it off seems like the easy part to me but having it not dangling there is wat im more concerned with. isnt it a foam sticker holding it to the die? i can cut through that with a sharp object but does it go back on without a problem if thats done?

9: i have like 50 themes(assuming they work on cfw) id like to save onto my ps3 but idk where to put them, i dont wanna have them permanently stored on my usb but if there on the HDD where do they go if i want to be able to access them normally from the theme changing menu on xmb? maybe theres a folder i havent found made specifically for this?

thanks for reading! i understand if you (or other ppls)cant answer all the stufs i ask, but appreciate your inital helps alot regardless :DDD so thank you! <3 cause psxplace has been a super vital helps for me sofar :3

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  4. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

on the rebug page i was reading stufs and it wrote that normal seems to be default mode
    but i had to switch to rebug mode to enable psnpatch plugin ? so idk wat im doing even though i read this like 3times.
    SYSTEM MODE:

Switches between NORMAL and REBUG mode
    NORMAL mode which uses the DEBUG XMB is the default mode after installing Rebug.
    REBUG mode sets the PS3 to the latest available version spoof (updatable in the future) and allows swapping between RETAIL and DEBUG XMB.[​IMG]

(also i dont have a toggle webman but perhaps that was removed in the most recent version//?)

Attached Files:

5. 935
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

From the Rebug team:
    Source :)

The item in the PS3 games menu is just the installer. Running it multiple times will just keep reinstalling it; once it's installed you access it via the webMAN Games via the XMB thereafter. It can also be accessed via any web browser - e.g. PC, phone, and of course the PS3 internet browser.
    Discussion of piracy is rule #1 of the forum - we simply don't do it so the topic is best left alone :). As for making backups of your genuinely owned games, I personally used multiMAN for PS3 games and ImgBurn on my PC for my PS2 and PS1 games. I'm not sure if you can rip those games via multiMAN or another homebrew such as IRISMAN; I've just never tried.
    NoPSN is the solution. :)

Hope this answers a few of your questions.

Jay L likes this.
  6. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

o:!!! sweet yes it does yes yes thank youuu >:o!
    do you know what nopsn youtube package im supposed to use for my console? theres like 6 or 8 :(
    do i need to have the app before i put the patch or does it let me just view youtube in my internet bowser without an app?
    &&&i physically own the games im trying to play; (ps u needa play this if u havent yet!!)

have u ever used managunZ

Attached Files:

7. 935
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

You want the one with the -NoPSN suffix, for your region. So if you're in the US you want the NPUP; Europe is NPEB and Japan is NPJB. Transfer it to either dev_hdd0/packages or dev_usbxx/packages (xx will be either 00 or 01 if your PS3 only has 2 USB ports) and then install via Package Manager on the XMB. You don't have to patch anything; the app is an altered version of the official YouTube app on the PS3, only with the PSN login requirement removed.

As far as I'm aware, for games you own there's nothing illegal about having a backup copy, but it's a legally grey area that I'd rather not tread. Also, I'm more of a Sega Mega Drive person when it comes to cartridge retro games :)

I have used ManaGunZ quite a lot, yes; it's one of my favourite homebrew apps.

Jay L likes this.
  8. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

more questions~
    do i need to manually download an update to play skyrim elder scrolls?
    is it ok to play COD mw3 and stuff online if im not modifying it ?

9. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Official updates can be applied manually but there should be no need to do that unless you don't have Internet.
    If you are connected to Internet on launching the game, you are greeted with the update screen, if an update exists. You don't have to update though if you don't want to, the game will still run but on each launch it will ask you again.
    An update doesn't use your PSN account though so it should be risk free in theory. In practice, I have never heard of someone getting banned for updating a game on CFW.

COD games are among a few titles generally considered risky for online gaming on CFW. Those games like GTA/COD which servers get abused regularly tend to be riskier than others.
    You have few options.
    1. If you own a spare idps, you might want to spoof it with psnpatch & use a dummy PSN account, at least for the riskier sessions.
    2. You switch between a DB Firmware to do your online gaming & CFW for everything else. If you really game online a lot, I suggest you consider this option seriously.
    3. You take your chances just with following the standard psnpatch procedure properly.

Some games have antiban eboots that may / may not /may no longer be effective. The fact is there are no stats available, only very few reports & lots of people telling contradictory stories.

10. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

whats the difference between managunZ and file manager on the brewwology website for managunz file? do they do the same thing

Attached Files:

11. 2,533
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    That is the file manger for ManaGunz. To be honest this Backup Manager is basically on STEROIDS, it can do quite a few things that you would normally need a PC, for example it can check the MD5 of your games so you can be sure it was backed up correctly on your HDD.

The file manager option is separate on ManaGunz whereas other like MultiMAN and WebMAN have it built in. I have recently started using this backup manager as you manually select witch config files to use for your PS2 ISOs and stuff. Others you would have to copy, paste and rename the config yourself. To much faf on so now use this for older games, and MultiMAN for my PS3 back ups.

Jay L likes this.
  12. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

thanks for the reply, tht makes sense for updates,,
    i may overcomplicate everything untill i understand it well enough to simplify lol
    i can play offline i guess~never tried campaign....
    what if i change idps's will my hdd games not boot or is that just psn games which wont boot?
    whats it take to mod a dual boot machine successfully ? this means ofw on one boot and custom on another boot?
    how do you get a idps dump from your/an old busted ylod console if its in that state?
    what are eboots and antibans ive only readabout those terms in the past 48hrs and dunno anything s:
    wat happens if psnpatch is set to auto(or somthing like tht) where its on when u boot everytime automatically, ?
    =are u shut out from root access or have limited functionality from that point forward or something?

13. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

sounds like backing up ps1 n ps2 games is a hassle, i havent attempted one yet, wats it make like a folder of files instead of an iso? the file manager is wat looks attractive to me, u have dual screen to work with right? which cuts time in half i assume. is the other part of managunz like a nifty standalone repository for our backups?

14. 2,533
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    They both will work, I use the IDPS dumped from my CECH4003A SuperSlim on my Slim to go online as I don't use the SuperSlim for anything other than watching Blurays and music now. In a basic nut shell if you change/spoof your IDPS its like logging in to PSN from another console as the IDPS is a unique ID for your PS3.

I normally use a PC to back up older games. All the config files are is to help make the run on a console. PS1 games should run fine with maybe a few issues depending on the game. PS2 game are a different matter unless you have a BC (Backwards Compatible) PS3, 1ST GEN PS3's basically had the PS2 Hardware inside, that's what made them so f**king expensive when they first came out. Then different versions of BC PS3's came out until they finally stopped making them this way and then started to make you pay for your PS2 games again on PSN. Not all PS2 Games work properly and you should check the compatibility list on the devwiki page for info on this.

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

I don't use the File manager option on ManaGunz, I use MultiMAN for this, I like the windows desktop style it use's. I know one file manager has split screen function for this. Its either this one or IrisMAN.

One Part of ManaGunz is the Back up Manger where you would back up your games and boot them plus other options. and the File Manger is exactly what it says, and allows you to browse your PS3 HDD and Flash memory.

15. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

1. When you change the idps, the only games that will no longer work while the spoof is on are the licensed PSN pkg games you installed.
    However on CFW, it's possible to reinject the license with the spoofed idps if need be.

2. It takes nothing in particular to install a dual boot fw, only to be on CFW. DB fw is basically ofw with minimal patching to keep jailbreak & be able to reinstall cfw from XMB.

3. You can extract an idps from a dead console using a hardware flasher, unless the console can still run for a few minutes at a time without shutting down..

4. Find out about the psnpatch plugin. Plenty of documentation to be read out there including in the release files themselves. The plugin loads at boot time & gets triggered by a gamepad combo, the same combo as wMM unload actually. On trigger, it prepares the cfw for PSN connection. The idps spoof can be applied on boot or on plugin trigger, up to you to choose which in the psnpatch Cobra Toolbox when you install the plugin. The config file to insert the idps is called psnpatch.cfg & can be edited in the psnpatch directory.
    Once PSNPatch has been triggered, custom syscalls are disabled among with a few other features until reboot. You should not try to mount other games or launch a homebrew or any CFW features after triggering PSNPatch & until reboot.

16. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

on a beautiful morning sidenote
    im traumatized for life ,
    ive seen someone glitching//modding gta5 or something and they were killing hundreds of innocent doggies S:<(for moneystack exploit)
    now it all makes sense about how monitoring the game traffic(for cfw,, but more specifically= future serial killers ) and how ppls would wanna ban them xD haha im jus kiddin

17. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

if your disc is scratched is a backup of it possible?

18. 935
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

The full version of ManaGunZ has the file manager built-in whereas the stand-alone file manager is exactly that.

Jay L likes this.
  19. 5,014
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

You can download managunz from here https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/releases
    The pkg with smaller size is the "standalone" filemanager

Btw, in the last versions of managunz, inside the filemanager you can open a window and use a button combo (R1 + DPAD if i remember right) to "dock" windows to the edges of the sceen
    By doing this you can "dock" one window to left and other to right... this way you have the classic split-screen view mode with the screen divided at half
    I use this a lot when copying files from a folder to a different folder, in the window at left i browse to "source", and at right to "target"... then i do the copy-paste
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Jay L and Coldheart2236 like this.
  20. 935
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Such a clean and simple GUI. ManaGunZ is awesome. :)

sandungas likes this.