newb with continuous questions posted here :D

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Jay L, Jan 4, 2019.

1. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    This will be for DECH PS3's, there are some DECR and other models that have 512MB of RAM, double the retails RAM.

Games for the commodore and atari were some of the first for me to play, games that were before my time lol.

2. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  3. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

tht is wild lol!! o: ive played the past titles on ps1 and ps2 (i liked being the cardboard box) so i decided to pick up Crrysis 3 AND metal gear solid V ground zeroesfor fun and testing , instead of just one i got a deal on both together for 10.
    mgs series kinda feels like if u were reading a book on lsd where ist jus coming alive in front of ur eyes ~ lol idk wat im on about XD ldfkgkljsdfghd

but ya, im gonna put alot of stufs i learnt from the forum goers here into practice today to try to aim for finalizing the ps3s overall look n functionality i envisioned. but thanks to ppls here its already pretty dam awesome :3 <3

4. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

I would agree with you there, where you see a book, I see a massive interactive film.

The phantom pain is similar to peace walker where you build your own base and recruit soldiers, you can even play as these soldiers the same as peace walker.

The AI is way more advance in this, for example you go running around in broad daylight in front enemy soldiers they will see you from over 100 meters away. They will start bombarding you will motor shells, and have advanced search and destroy tactics, its a real pain to get out of alert mode in hard and extreme difficulties, i normally never get seen and if do, I deliberately done this for a good old fashioned fire fight, then hide when they send a tank after you, or a Hind-D attack helicopter.

There's so much to do in the game, weapons development, item development, base expansion( At full size it can take you 20 mins to get from one side to the other on foot) battle armour and such, truly an in depth and immersive game like all the others. (and its fully open world, you can do what you want when you want.

5. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

~

6. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

~

7. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

~

8. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

~

9. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

@bguerville hello jus had few questions in response to ur reply on another thread titled" webman with rebug"

for 7: will xmbpd softbrick my ps3 on rebug 4.82? is there anything that conflicts with it n should i wait for someting like a official 4.82update from the maker if i want to install it?
    8: theres allready a custom combo by default in my webman called get browser ps3$block servers, (wats this?) is it okay to replace it with the screenshot xmb command? (i think id prefer screenshot since i dont know wat servers the custom commands are blocking anyways)
    9: im looking to test more of the button combos in the upcoming days, because i mainly dont know wat vsh menu or fail safe or ps2 classic or net0,net1 are for yet lol do you know wat they do and are they safe to toggle though?

yu mentioned using a usb thingy formatted to ntfs (instead of fat32 i guess) , and i have a 64gb key actually formated in fat32 through a special program, so would ntfs still be better if im only storing isos on that particular key?

---------------thing u posted that im quoting---------------------
    7) Game covers. There are various ways to setup the covers. I suggest you use the multiman covers. Leave the Disable mm covers option unchecked & choose MM COVERS in the combo box.
    Download the multiman covers packages (about 250Mb in total) from store.brewology.com or better yet use XMBPD instead to download the latest pkg.
    Install the pkg. Then use the refresh XML shortcut in webman games folder on XMB or launch prepNTFS 1.15.
    Reboot & the covers should be fine.

8) Configure a custom combo if you need one that is not already configured (use R2+[] to launch it). The syntax in the textbox should be
    "GET + web command", for example:

GET browser.ps3$screenshot_xmb
    sets up R2+[] to take a screenshot & save it on /dev_hdd0.

9) Check all the combos you are susceptible to use & uncheck the ones that will be useless to you.

10) Leave everything else with default settings unless there is a specific need.
    Ask us if you are unsure.

I also suggest you use ISO format for all your games & store all your isos on a USB drive formatted in NTFS. (the type of format should be MBR, not GPT).
    To scan your ntfs drive for webMAN-MOD use, you must prepare the game list by launching prepNTFS. You use it only once, no need to launch prepNTFS again unless you add or remove an iso to/from your ntfs drive.
    prepNTFS 1.15 can be downloaded from Aldo's github repo at
    http://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases

I hope all this helps. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, just a few essentials.
    If you encounter any problems, report to us & we will advise you further. [​IMG]

10. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

~

11. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

~

12. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

1. You don't need XMBPD to install the game covers or any other pkg for that matter, XMBPD can be a useful tool to download your homebrews BUT imho, only if all available pkg files are regularly updated & last time I looked, it wasn't the case at all.
    As to the XMBPD release itself, I dunno if there is any update planned. I would not bet on it.
    In the future, XMBPD will probably need to be modded anyway, to remove the wMM dependency.
    In the meantime, I suggest you download the various covers pkg files (ps3/ps2/psx) & install them manually. You can decide later whether XMBPD is worth testing, when you feel more comfortable with your cfw.

2. To learn about custom combos, you should refer to the wMM Web Commands list thread. You can basically use any valid Web Command as a custom combo.
    The custom combo (R2 + []) can be customised in the setup page, using an appropriate web command (as explained in the post you are referring to.)
    Other wMM combos can also be overriden & customised if need be.
    Check the related thread for further details, it contains details of the various wMM commands & a list of available combos as well. http://www.psx-place.com/threads/webman-mod-web-commands.1508/
    I strongly recommend that you read the main wMM release thread anyway & its resource page. Answers to many of your wMM related queries can be found in its OP.

3. How many PS3 Games isos do you intend to store on a 64Gb key? Beyond the size issue, you would also have to split your iso files in 4Gb chunks due to fat32 limitations. Also when you use a split iso game, the backup manager basically needs to recreate the full iso internally to mount the game.
    It's all very impractical at best.

Imho, to store some games on external drive, the best is to use a USB hdd with 2 partitions. A bigger ntfs partition to store all your iso files & a smaller fat32 partition for any feature requiring FAT32.

Edit:
    As a general rule, you should avoid making several consecutive posts in a row. You don't need to, you can use the "edit post" feature instead & add more text to just one post as you see fit.

13. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

today i found a ps3 controller vibrator homebrew

14. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

wat about something like this i found on homebrew site? =
    http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=186

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
  15. 8,727
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Yea it gives a history but is the same for all not really much difference. it would stick out

16. 61
    Exploitation

Exploitation Forum Noob

I am interested in contributing my time to psx place.Dear administrator i request you to assign me some work.I dont have regular time but i can manage some time.Pl assign me a task

17. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

extra continuous questions made into one neater post=

1)when i enter multiman i keep getting a prompt saying new multiman version 0.0.0.0 exists (or similar)
    should i update to make it stop?

2)on my xmb theres a folder called */app_home/ps3_game/ that writes error 80038f14 when clicked, anyone know wat it means and wat that folder is? (does it work on ur console? )

3)in webman setup if i enable sMAN GUI option does this mean i have both programs in one or just a sman-skin for webman(idont wat that even means lol) ?

4)does DB require 2 harddrives and 2 CID/PSIDs?

5)is it safe to delete webman mod 1.47 updater on the xmb list ?? i have allready done the full install so technically it should be ok to delete correct? jus trying to tidy the game column~

6)other question= is there any way to move things around between columns or create new columns or no?

7)currently seeking help with custom font glitch here if anyone has knowledge how to solve this itd be appreciated~=
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/gl...mpatible-ps3-console-with-latest-rebug.22236/

+on scale of 1-10 how much of a newb-headache am i =DD

18. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

i think i agree, i will leave xmbpd behind at this point in time.

i posted the commands list as a reference on page 2 of this thread i think, but the block online servers one is it like psn patch basically minus the sys call clearing? is it equally effective as psn patch(or senenabler) but like less automation so its bad if u forget?

for games i want to store on usb?= since i have 4 ports i can use multiple thingys in them so perhaps 128gb for games id frequently play, i guess i didnt think about the 4gb limit... ill try to partition my usb stick to ntfs ( i dont have harddrive) do i need the prep ntfs i read about ?

even if net1 net0 is network access in registry... i guess i dont use this so its ok to disable shortcuts

i didnt intend to make bunch of miscellaneous posts , im kind of retarded lol and have pseudo-adhd where if i dont write something down i will forget and panic that i cant remember it 20minutes laters D;
    anyways i tried to tidy the posts into one post below though, i agree for one post its better less redundant method.

19. 82
    Jay L

Jay L Forum Noob

do you make a good coffee

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  20. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

Its just something from the dev, its not an update. The dev is asking for donations to keep the online aspect of MultiMAN going. Thats all that is, I get the same when I use it.

WOW that's a lot of question's lol. You spammed your own thread lol, :D joking lol.

This is a DEBUG mounting path, its normally used by games dev's on DECH PS3's, and also by other devs. Any game you mount with a backup manager will also appear here as well as on the XMB as a disc, shouldn't really be used when mounting games for playing online though. Try it out... mount a game with MultiMAN highlight that option, after a second or 2 the game will appear.

Yes and no, you can move things about if you know how the edit the corresponding XMLs and sometimes the RCO's, some things need one thing editing, others multiple things editing and it can easily go wrong if the XML code isn't right. Things go missing from the xmb and such. As for creating a new column that would more than likely need its own sprx file to go with it and half a dozen other things editing as well.

For your apps on the games column on the XMB you can create folders for them to go in to eg. " BACKUP MANAGERS " for any of them you use if its more than on " CFW TOOLS " for things like CCAPI, Artemis. " Emulators " for things like RetroArch and such.

If you press triangle on an app, then go to info, there should be a blank box next to album. You can create the folders this way, just name each app apps album the same as the one that's already in it and it will appear in the same folder.

Highlight the app, press " triangle " then select " information ".....

screenshot_2019_01_26_19_33_27.png

Then highlight and press X on the empty " Album " option and enter the name of your choice....

screenshot_2019_01_26_19_33_45.png

Here are some examples....

Just some examples to make your XMB look tidy without the need to remove things in case they may be needed later and saves having to install the pkg again.

Jay L likes this.