PS1 Nintendo PlayStation (SNES - CD) Prototype : Ben Heck finally has it Working !

Discussion in 'PS1 News' started by xetafin, May 5, 2017.

By xetafin on May 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM
  1. 3
    xetafin

xetafin Forum Noob

In July 2016, we seen Ben Heck (Hardware Legend) first got his hands on elusive Nintendo PlayStation (SNES-CD) Prototype Console for a teardown demonstration of the textremely rare "urban legend" that came to surface just several years ago, after being located in an attic of the current owners home. It was not in working condition, but we were able to learn alot about the device as Ben Heck compares various parts and modules to the Super Nintendo (See Video Here), Then at various time throughout the year Ben Heck was trying to restore the Prototype Console to a working state and in late July of 2016 we seen Ben Heck make some significant progress and was able to get some portions working but the SNES CD drive was not working and while no official games were available we do have the Homebrew Game Super Boss Gaiden . Then in late November 2016 Ben Heck once again gets a crack at the prototype that change history and while progress was made with the CD drive we still were not able to use the SNES CD add-on but today Ben Heck releases a video titled: "Nintendo PlayStation Prototype: Finally Working!" So, was Ben able to boot Super Boss Gaiden or Another homebrew Game? check it out.... :
    -STLcardsWS

SNES-CD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
    jolek, Death_Dealer, kozarovv and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS1 News' started by xetafin, May 5, 2017.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Thanks @xetafin for the News Alert :) .

Wonder if we see a Scaled down version of Super Boss Gaiden ?

Seriously, Where is Crash vs Mario homebrew ... Seems like a perfect Nintendo PlayStation Game.. :)
      atreyu187 and xetafin like this.
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Don't forget about Magic Floor
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I know Magic Floor has been "fixed" but yea I was eager to see Boss Gaiden running on the system. I'm sure this won't be the last time we see this marvelous piece of hardware in action.
      No0bZiLLa and STLcardsWS like this.
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I didnt, i left that as a cliffhanger at the end :)
      kozarovv likes this.
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Ah i missed it , hehe i spoilered that :)
      DeViL303 and STLcardsWS like this.
    6. smf
      smf
      It's a little tenuous for this to make the PS1 section. It is just a SNES with a CD drive, Sony just happened to like the name & so they re-used it when they made their own console a few years later.