Nintendo switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nCadeRegal, Oct 20, 2016.

1. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    retro games were more challenging as you only got 3 lives not unlimited :-p

STLcardsWS likes this.
  2. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I still can't seem to beat Lightning Lookout! on very hard (do DK barrels or midpoint barrels) in DKC 3 on my retron 5. I beat it on very hard on the wii-u since I bought the game a long time ago for it.

3. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    I first played Maniac Mansion on the Commodore 64, learned Basic in Junior High & was already married before PS1 came out

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    ed89 and pinky like this.
  4. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

ur older than I am then. I was in junior high when the ps1 came out.

5. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

here's where my switch will go:

[​IMG]

that's both my wii-u's, ps2, wii, and ps3 along with hdds. I'll replace the second wii-u. the one on top is the fully hacked one. the second is on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1. I should update that to sell before Nintendo releases a likely Zelda update. :-/ I'll place the switch where that one goes. :-p

ed89, El Juri and stussy like this.
  6. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

The good old c64 loved playing last ninja and wizball now I'm playing it on my n3ds who would of thought :)

Here is a bit of my setup ps3 rebug 4.80 / rgh corona / 5.5.1 wiiu / jasper with wasabi / xone and the MINIX x8 on top

Don't no where I'm gonna put my switch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  7. 1,626
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Just preordered my switch yesterday with breath of the wild. It's a very limited run that they are doing better get to gamestop asap if ya want one on March 3rd

8. 109
    El Juri

El Juri Member

An RPG pokemon game on switch would be great and would be greater if you could interact with pokemon go!

9. 85
    SedRick

SedRick Member

Am i the only one that thinks zelda is being ruined by such cartoony graphics?
    The fan made unreal engine 4 remake of OOT looks insane!.. No point having a "console more powerful than ps4" if they continue using cartoon like graphics on the legendary games...

Has everyone seen this epic short film of metroid?:

10. 9,624
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Retro Games you actually had to play and have some skill. Today's games, watch these long cut scene and press up to run forward and hit the button that the screen tells you to to dodge something,. When i have to jump across a platform on a NES mario and it more challenging then jumping on a cliff on unchartered there is a problem.

Graphics in todays games are great, but the gameplay is not there anymore on most games.. Unchrtered 4 a great looking game and a great story, but i am half way through it and well i am not playing a game as much as watching a movie.

bitsbubba likes this.
  11. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

the only downside i see with the Nintendo switch is now you have to pay for online multiplayer (Monthly subscription) too
    like on PS4 and Xbox one and now we have no more choice

Online multiplayer + special features = pay or forget about it.... on every current console
    Multi-consoles owners and online players you will become poor ;)

(Technical specifications doesnt really matters on a ninten console! its all about the exlusive games!) also the new controllers are better now

Will buy the switch maybe as soon as a Fire Emblem game will be released
    bought the wii only because of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  12. 7,860
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    I'm not gonna buy Switch in next half year because I want to buy PSVR, and just have no money for it. But this can be nice handheld, maybe not "pocket" one, but we can take it with us everywhere. Also with some powerbank fitted to its shape, working on battery time will be not so bad. And to be honest, this is how I see Switch for now. Like a handheld. If you are in situation when you can buy one console to your home, Switch is just not worth it with that price (until ninny games is all you need). My opinion is that (N) should make Switch, but as a additional console (like handheld one) to some main current-gen product. This is great console, but probably nobody will gonna make current-gen games for it due to lack of power.

13. 1,626
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Picked upy switch today, from first hour of play it's a pretty cool console slash handheld. Only had a chance to play 1 2 switch with the little one. It's typical ninty game to show of capabilities. Was fun, like a Mario party. Haven't had a chance to play breath of the wild yet but it's pretty cool looking from what I watched her play so far. Coolest thing is it takes a micro SD card for memory.

14. 909
    tthousand

tthousand The One Moderator

This is what the gamer's version of blue-balls is...

New games, new controller... NO SYSTEM!

Sitting here Friday, ready to play. I hope I get it by tomorrow at least. Can't believe Amazon gonna do me like that.

bitsbubba likes this.
  15. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

So upset they had to go with a wanky touch screen and various clip on controllers etc.
    Would of loved a "normal" Nintendo console again. Just a console, a comfortable controller and decent games.

Not having to look at a horrible cheap plastic screen when I have a fancy 3D TV I'd rather be looking at, or constantly having to chop and change controllers etc. when playing a different game.

I'll probably buy one for zelda / mario etc. then sell it a month later like usual though. :P

Edit: Looking at some of these pics makes me miss my old console collection. Had a few boxes full of super nintendos, box nintendos, master systems, mega drives, sega saturn, dreamcast, ataris etc. All seemed to disappear during a move one time. :'(

Have to rely on emulators now since the price of the old consoles has skyrocketed in the last few years.
    Used to pick them up cheap as chips at garage sales, weekend markets etc...

Only have the Wii, PS2 and PS3 left now. (Sad Panda)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  16. 1,626
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

from what I heard, you aren't the only one who got burned by Amazon dude. I'd file a complaint. People pre order from best buy and amazon bc you usually get them before release day. Doesn't look to be the case this year. Knowing ninty, they prolly delayed those shipments knowing what would happen.

17. 909
    tthousand

It seems like this is all Amazon's fault at the moment. From what I have gathered so far, it sounds like they were selling and shipping out consoles yesterday. I pre-ordered mine in January and they didn't even get it to the carrier until early this morning.

I did contact them and they told me they would credit my account a measly 20 bucks AS SOON AS the console shipped. Well, the console shipped but I have not seen my credit.

At this point 20 bucks is not going to calm the anger I am feeling. Perhaps 60 so I can at least start to enjoy Zelda on my Wii U while I await the Switch's arrival. I'm about to talk to them again in a little while and see what is up.

18. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Grabbed the neo switch on launch day with Zelda happy with it so far also grabbed 1 2 switch today fun game for the kids so far all in all still waiting for more titles Zelda,s map is huge :)

19. 909
    tthousand

Finally got my Switch today. Spent the past couple of hours playing 1 2 Switch with my GF. Such an awesome time. The 1 2 Switch is such a unique experience. I cannot wait to try out some more games, but this one has been hard to put down.

20. 3,139
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I will wait until E3 this summer then think about buying one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tthousand likes this.