Nintendo switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nCadeRegal, Oct 20, 2016.

1. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah I'll probably crack and get one eventually... I can't help myself when it comes to these things, lol.

Won't be making the digital mistake again though, when real discs can generally be had for 1/3 of the price or less depending what store you go to. (We get raped digitally in Australia)

stussy and pinky like this.
  2. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I'd get one if I had the money, but I don't.

same here. I bought 77 games digitally when I was working. I even bought a few games for friends. I didn't want to get up was the main reason, but I only really play donkey kong country tropical freeze and new super mario bros. I really like kirby and the rainbow paintbrush too. that makes great use of the touch screen. I really don't mind looking at the touch screen, but I can understand how some people could hate it. I could've sold most of my games if I had gone with physical discs. I've sold all of my nds and vita games actually. I bought physical only with both systems. I've bought physical only with the ps4 as well, so I might sell those games if things get any worse for me.

3. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah, I have a habbit of selling things up when I'm done, while they are still worth decent money. Then coming back again later when they are cheap or easily available second hand.

That's why I like digital, the games are always there to come back to later. (unless its a nintendo console...)

Haven't owned a PC in quite a while, but at least I know I still have ~600 games on steam to come back to when I do get into it again. :)

pinky likes this.
  4. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I usually don't sell my things, but I've fallen on hard times. I might have to sell my consoles if things get really bad.

there's that. I'm playing tropical freeze at this very moment. :D

I use my laptop for everything, but it's getting old. the o button has fallen off in fact. lol

self_slaughter likes this.
  5. 619
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah same here, broke my neck about 12 months ago at work, and although it's reasonably fine now, I still haven't been able to find any more work yet and my anxiety levels have hit record highs. So most things of value have been sold now apart from my car. (I love it too much, had it for almost 10 years) You'd have to rip that one out of my cold dead hands. :P

pinky likes this.
  6. 909
    tthousand

tthousand The One Moderator

It sounds like you can have one 'active' switch at a time. You can have your digital games on multiple systems, but they will only work on the 'active' consoles and not the 'inactive' consoles.

As for saves, currently nothing. But there is speculation it could be added later. Nintendo still has not released their online feature. Might possibly include save backup at one point.

pinky likes this.
  7. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

r u on disability? I'm trying to get on that. I sold almost everything and moved back in with my parents. it's embarrassing for me. I haven't worked long enough to get on normal social security. I think u need to have worked for 7+ years. I was in college for many years, and I got a great job after that. that's when I had money. unfortunately, I need to be on disability for the rest of my life via ssi. they've rejected me twice, so now I have a lawyer, but that will take another sxi months to a year. that was in December, so I still have a while to wait.

8. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

That's why I try to get disc or cartridge heck it works out cheaper for me to get disc/cartridge most of the times

pinky likes this.
  9. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I won't make that mistake again. ;)

stussy likes this.