PS3HEN NINTENDO WII EMULATOR... IS IT POSSIBLE?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Crazyvic666, Oct 1, 2019.

1. 2
    Crazyvic666

Crazyvic666 Forum Noob

hello to everyone, im relatively new to the ps3 hacking scene, i just wanted to ask if it was possible to install a nintendo wii emulator like Dolphin in a exploit ps3, with ps3hen? ive seen retroarch, snes emu,and sega. but i havent seen n64, nintendo wii or gamecube...i wanted to try and convert Dolphin into an iso file and see if it could be used like that. any suggestions are welcome. sorry if this is not in the correct place......

2. 1,743
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Short Answer, its No, PlayStation3s have a hard time emulating anything that is complex and complicated, its already shown with the PlayStation2.

Although if someone really had interest in Emulating the Wii, since both Machines are PowerPC Variants,although the 360 is easier to code for it, but the PS3 and the Wii, they operate in different architectures and scenarios, so its a 5% a possibility with reverse-engineering and 95% of emulation code incompatibility between consoles.

Just because a system is weak by spec-hardware standards, doesn't mean the system is a piece of cake to Emulate, not to mention Coding for the PlayStation3 its a nightmare if you don't know how to put the CELL B/E - SPE and PPEs to good use.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Crazyvic666 and Kier_1234657 like this.
  3. 2
    Crazyvic666

Crazyvic666 Forum Noob

Awesome thanks for the quick answer

4. 2,253
    Berion

Berion Developer

No. And You cannot just launch application designed for one environment on another one completely different. That needs emulator, virtualisator, simulator or translator, depend of the approach, hardware, time and money. For the same reason, You cannot run Wii games on PC without emulator, like running Dolphin for Windows on PS3 ;)

Crazyvic666 and Kier_1234657 like this.