Nonpdrm and DLC

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Jan 21, 2018.

1. 11,169
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

does anyone know how to get this working? I have some dlc I bought from psn ages ago. it's still on my card. however, I can't seem to generate a license for it. no nonpdrm is created. I seem to no longer have the license for any of them. :(

2. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    you weren't able to update licenses with Vita Shell?

3. 11,169
    pinky

is that what I'm supposed to do? I no longer have the license for the dlc. I'm not sure how long you're supposed to wait for the license for dlc to be generated or if you need the original license first.

4. 11,169
    pinky

check this out. this is from a vita developer's github. it's about pkgs' sha-1: "Besides being useful to check for pkg corruption, this can also be done to detect any silent changes that Sony may apply to PKG data. For instance, it is not difficult to imagine that, should Sony decide they've had enough of Henkaku/Enso 3.60 users who download pkg data off their servers, they could relatively easily modify all or a choice set of pkg they serve with an eboot to force a silent system upgrade to 3.61+. By storing a copy of the PKG SHA-1, along with the date when that SHA-1 was retrieved, it becomes possible to detect this kind of "silent upgrade" scenario."

5. 6,428
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Interesting but IMO, while it would be possible in theory for Sony to silently update a users console, I do not think they could legally do it, or that they would even bother due to the media backlash if some users shutdown the console during the silent update and bricked. Also it just would not be worth it, the scene would figure it out very quick due to "hey I just installed this game and now my console is updated" and they would only catch a few people, risk to reward not worth it. Also they still host all the PS3 stuff untouched for years when they could have done the same to that in theory.

pinky likes this.
  6. 11,169
    pinky

the way the scene is handling this scenario is by building a database. there's an exe for it. it can verify the pkg by its sha-1 (last two lines of the package).

I believe sony has in the past silently updated the whitelist on the pstv. I remember atreyu mentioning it to me. a full system update would be something else. it may update while the system is shut off. in fact, the wii u does this. it can resume downloads for updates on or off indicated by the orange light. actually, that's when it's searching for updates or downloading them. this can't be turned off either.

I don't know if the vita can do this. however, blocking updates using the dns servers might be enough. there's a primary one that's easy to find, but the secondary - I had to get that from atreyu;; you could always leave it blank so if the primary goes down you'd be safe. you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet. this isn't a problem with enso though. the wii u also uses dns to block updates. you'll get a pesky red x on the download notifications icon. and, it will say some data failed to download whenever you enter the home menu.

edit: I take that back. the vita does have an option to prevent the download of system software. I'm not sure if it's broken like the one on the ps4 though. I'd still use those dns servers to block sony.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. 11,169
    pinky

@bitsbubba , refreshing the license database didn't work. the above comment is from the same dev. refreshing the license database is faster than refreshing the live area, but I'd suggest just refreshing the live area since it can do more. :)

8. 11,169
    pinky

I think the issue might be that I have that I no longer have the license. I thought I had saved it with qcma since I backup every game with it just I need one. I redid all of my backups as nonpdrm. all but tales of hearts r. I had to leave that as decrypted to use the dlc. speaking of which, I think the license is the same for every game and dlc as I looked at them in hex. decrypted games seem to use the encrypted version of the rif file, and they're all named the same thing. the only difference is the content id at the beginning of the file. either the work.bin or the rif is encrypted with decrypted games. it's probably the rif iirc. with the work.bin and the rif of encrypted games, they're the same file just named differently. it's 0'd out through most of it. the work.bin of decrypted games is completely blank. the rif seems to have a lot of data in it. I guess the nonpdrm plugin is doing most of the work with those licenses. :-p

I tried an ecrypted game with a decrypted save to see if it worked since the pfs folder was still present where decrypted games have it absent. the game refused to start. I downloaded the encrypted game with pkgi just to test it. speaking of which, pkgi seems to go nearly 3 times faster on the pstv as opposed to the vita.

also, I found out about the 3ds microsd manager and windows 10. it doesn't work. it tries to make a connection, and windows finds the device, but it won't pair. I had forgotten that I had ftpd which I used to transfer some boot screens. it seems to be faster than microsd manager, and it's more convenient than going into system settings which takes a few seconds to enter and to close.

9. 11,169
    pinky

I think refreshing the license database just adds that info to the license.db on the root of the license folder. you can look at the contents of it with sqlite browser. I'm not sure if it's needed though since I could've sworn that my system didn't have one before rebuilding the license info (not sure). I think it contains both games (app) and dlc (appcont). unlike the wii u, where tickets (licenses) exist for updates, the ps vita doesn't seem to have update licenses. I think the game and the update use the same license as there is no patch folder in the license folder. :)