PS3 Noob question... Please help if you can.

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Zonzexon, Mar 15, 2019.

1. 2
    Zonzexon

Zonzexon Forum Noob

Hello, i am from Serbia, first of all let me thank you all in advance for help.
    My question is NOOB category, i recived Sony PS3 super slim CECH-4003A from a friend as a gift, and this is my very first console from sony so i am new to this, i have recived 5 games with it on Blu rays, the firmware is 4.84. The drive in console is not to great it can read games but very slow, i have 500GB HDD in it, can i make backups of those games (i found somekind of solution for that but i dont know is it proper one something about injecting games into backup than restore) and put them in hdd? The question number 2 is can i install HAN on 4.84 super slim, i think that HAN (found out about it on this site) is what i need to put backups on internal HDD on Sony with PKG linker i think.

Sorry if i am boring you with this but i have no one to turn about this and i am apsolutly new to PS.
    Thank you all again your help is very much appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. 4,714
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Hi, welcome to the site, unfortunately you can not use HAN on that console as its on 4.84, its also not CFW compatible. What you can do, is the backup injection method, where you do a full system backup, then on PC you add your games to it, then you restore the backup and your games appear. Only games with updates available are compatible. Do some research into CFW2OFW. You do not need another console or anything like that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Zonzexon and Death_Dealer like this.
  3. 2
    Zonzexon

Zonzexon Forum Noob

DeViL303
    Thank you very much for response, now i understand what i can and can't do with PS3, i googled last night and found like 10 sites that offer jailbreak particularly for PS3 that i have, (Custom firmware method) CFW, they give you RAR file with update.pup you are supposed to put it on USB then restore your system with it (They even make tutorial for it). I know those are SCAMS because they give you link to the *.rar file when you try to extract it it asks for password, the password is recived when you complete some kind of offer and pay for it. (i doubt that update.pup they send is real thing). I am not new to term jailbreaking i have jailbreaked my Apple devices in the past. As far as i know jailbreaks are always free thanks to hard working developers who make them. I understand that jaibreaking Apple IOS and Sony FW are 2 diffrent things, diffrent exploit methods, different approach, but basicly do the same thing, they unlock your device limitations set by manufacturer.

Once again thank you for clearing things out.
    You helped me a lot.
    Best regards!

DeViL303 likes this.
  4. 4,714
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    No problem, Yeah, those are all scams, if there is a method we would know about it here. Keep an eye on the news here, maybe something new will come out someday, dont update firmware anymore if you want to hack it someday. :)

n00b likes this.
Tags: