PS3 [OFFICIAL] REBUG REX 4.65 + COBRA 7.02 + HABIB & JOONIE Join Team REBUG

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 30, 2014.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  1. 8,725
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Huge news as we finally have seen a new OFFICIAL REBUG CFW RELEASE. This release came with some help in two new REBUG CFW developer's to join the REBUG family in Habib and Joonie. Who have been doing outstanding work on their own, now together with REBUG and the talent from rebug and the sources and tools they provide. This is great news for the CFW development[break].[/break] community if this teams works together for future progression of REBUG CFW. Two builds have been released by Team REBUG. A Standard REX for CEX user's and also a D-REX version for DEX user's. Cobra 7.0.2 has been added which many improvements to COBRA. webMAN Mod has been added along with the latest v2.02.01 of REBUG Toolbox included plus much more you seen see in the release notes included below.

Red_Scorpion_3_sml.png
    LATEST REBUG FIRMWARE BUILDS
    D-REX Cobra 7.02 EDITION – INSTALL ON DEX PS3 SYSTEM
    REX Cobra 7.02 EDITION – INSTALL ON CEX PS3 SYSTEM

FEATURES FOR REBUG REX/D-REX EDITION
    REBUG REX/D-REX EDITION + COBRA v7.02
    FEATURES

• Rebug Toolbox 02.02.1 -Installable Package Included updated with new features (see link)

• Cobra 7.02 - Updated Cobra to 7.02 (Dongle-less Cobra USB)

• webMAN 1.30.33 MOD - Full Webman intergration supports both CEX/DEX 4.65

• Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX - Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)

• ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode - No need to install different firmware

• ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode - No need to install different firmware

• Package Manager - Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option

• OtherOS++ support enabled - Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches

• ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode

• QA Token compatibility
    FUN FEATURES

• Fake Save Data Owner - Use Game Saves from ANY Owner

• Lock/Unlock Trophies

• Cinavia protection fully disabled -BD / HDD disabled
    PATCHED

• LV1: Disable System Integrity Check - Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)

• LV1: Undocumented function 114 - Allow mapping of protected memory)

• LV1: Skip all ACL Checks - Needed to allow booting of OtherOS

• LV1: Peek and Poke support - Unused LV1 call 182 and 183

• LV2: Peek and Poke support - LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)

• PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 - LV2 Syscall 8 and 9

• LV2: LV1 CALL System call - LV2 Syscall 10

• VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files

• VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat
    REBUG Package Manager
    Package Manager is a replacement for the standard Install Package Files option under Game in the XMB. It allows for the install and deletion of .pkg files from dev_hdd0/packages, dev_usb/packages and the standard Install Package Files locations. In addition to this, your downloaded PSN content ‘bubbles’ will appear under this option instead of cluttering your Game menu with uninstalled content.

USAGE:

• Navigate to Game in your XMB and click on Package Manager (It will be where Install Package Files usually is). You will find three options.
    PlayStation®Network Content

• Manage your downloaded PlayStation®Network Content.
    Install Package Files

• INSTALL package files from Storage Devices and your PS3.
    • PS3 Hard Disk (dev_hdd0/packages)
    • Package Folder (dev_usb/packages)
    • Standard Package Location (Standard Install Package Files locations)

NOTE: The Install All Packages is only available by pressing the TRIANGLE button when the Standard Package Location option is highlighted because the PS3 will only install ALL packages from the root of a storage device as of the moment.

Delete Package Files

• DELETE package files from Storage Devices and your PS3.
    • PS3 Hard Disk (dev_hdd0/packages)
    • Package Folder (dev_usb/packages)
    • Standard Package Location (Standard Install Package Files locations)

DELETING FILES:

1: Highlight the file you would like to delete and press TRIANGLE. The sidebar should appear.
    2: Press CROSS on either Unlink or Unlink(Folder) (Both do the same thing for now).

REBUG TOOLBOX
    Rebug Toolbox is application designed to complete the full function of REBUG REX EDITION firmwares. Besides from performing the CEX/DEX EID0 and LV2 Kernel Swapping it is also an FTP server and is packed with a bunch of other useful tools.
    How To INSTALL:
    1: In the PS3 XMB go to Game menu
    2: Select Package Manager
    3: Select Install Package Files
    4: Select PS3 Hard Disk
    5: Select REBUG-TOOLBOX-02.xx.xx.pkg
    COBRA 7.02

• Auto-Boot: Plugin System (sprx)
    • ISO Suppport: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay
    • Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay
    • PS3 games with files > 4GB on external USB HDD (FAT32)
    • Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
    • NTFS HDD Support
    • PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles/
    • Syscall 11 – Toolbox CEX/DEX Support
    webMAN MOD
    XMB/In-Game PAD SHORTCUTS :
    FAIL SAFE : SELECT+L3+L2+R2
    SHOW TEMP : SELECT+R3
    PREV GAME : SELECT+L1
    NEXT GAME : SELECT+R1
    FAN CONTROL ON/OFF : L3+R2+START
    SHOW IDPS : R2+O
    SHUTDOWN : L3+R2+X
    RESTART : L3+R2+O
    UNLOAD WM : L3+R2+R3
    SET MAX TEMP : SELECT+↑/↓
    MIN FAN SPEED : SELECT+←/→
    DEL CFW SYSCALLS : R2+∆
    COBRA TOGGLE : L3+L2+∆
    RBG MODE TOGGLE : L3+L2+⸋
    NORM MODE TOGGLE : L3+L2+O
    MENU TOGGLE : L3+L2+X

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT THIS CFW

DOWNLOAD & SOURCE:
    REBUG.ME

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 30, 2014.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Thanks [MENTION=29]Joonie[/MENTION] & [MENTION=20]habib[/MENTION] & @evilsperm

I am going to give this a try very soon. :)
    2. Tactik-knife
      Tactik-knife
      Yeah nice thank's for the new.
    3. Proto
      Proto
      Oh f**k yes. This is fantastic news. Also, STL, good on you for making this site. I like it. Shame about QJ network. Alas, the scene lives on.
    4. chris
      chris
      I just installed it on a 40GB fat NAND. works like a charm.
    5. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      [video=youtube;ticICYWTeSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ticICYWTeSM[/video]

A Rebug REX Theme that Glowbal did a long time ago but still looks great.

Download

Install:

• [*=center]Place: /dev_usbxxx/PS3/THEME/XXXXXX.pt3 file
        [*=center]on XMB Theme Settings--- Theme -- Install
    6. aldostools
      aldostools
      FYI

IRISMAN 3.31 has been updated with support for 4.65 DEX (4.65 rebug rex with dex kernel or 4.65 rebug d-rex) - Thanks to Joonie

Links: PS3 Whats New - Brewology - PS3 PSP WII XBOX - Homebrew News, Saved Games, Downloads, and More!
      Mirror: http://tinyurl.com/IRISMAN

I also updated the IRISMAN-related projects (prx+mamba, LastPlay, BDUnmount, etc.)
      Link: My Files

RetroXMB is also updated with the latest EBOOTs for PSX and Showtime launcher.
      Link: RetroXMB_Creator

The source code of IRISMAN 3.31 and webMAN-MOD 1.30.33 are available on github:
      aldostools (Aldo Vargas)

webMAN-MOD 1.30.33 is also available for download on brewology.
      http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=257

Congratulations to Team Rebug for the new members (Joonie and smhabib)! Awesome devs!
    7. JOshISPoser
      JOshISPoser
      I was really hoping ps2 wireless controller support would have been fixed by them, but that's okay i guess. So i just need this and a 4.46 cobra firmware and i'm good. Oh, i need to test the move wheel, also. That hasn't worked on a cobra firmware for me yet.

oh, does this use the standard location for webman (on hdd0/)?
      Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Sticking with joonies 4.46 REX Cobra myself but nice to see an update from them not to mention the new team mates. Wonder if this is the end of Habib standard CEX CFW's? And the PS2 bug I'm afraid is never gonna be fixed not without new smaller cobra patches.
    9. pinkfloydviste
      pinkfloydviste
      Awesome to see an official release for Rebug. Putting this on my ps3 tonight after work.
    10. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      congrats [MENTION=29]Joonie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20]habib[/MENTION] you both well deserve the position
    11. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      So is the Cobra source closed on this? Rebug has never been open source but Cobra code is and has been for a long time thanks to STLCardsWS.
    12. JOshISPoser
      JOshISPoser
      well, thanks for that recommendation without purposely doing one. i was curious what would be the best alternative to this firmware for ps2 support.

i bet a lite firmware will come out which will be like a standard cex firmware.

is there anything that you know of that could make cobra more small? i know webman we can shrink it down a bit from maximum to minimum, but idk if it would be the same with cobra. maybe multiple versions can come out or something. does prx loader take up as much space as cobra?
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Sorry but I feel if it could have been done it would have been done. If you want to go above 4.46 and keeps wireless with your PS2 games I suggest just converting the PS2 Classics method and then play them that way as wireless works still for them just not ISO's

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
    14. Tactik-knife
      Tactik-knife
      Niiiiice, excellent thank you I love this

EDIT: Link is dead, can you re-upload please? :)

EDIT 2: It's good, here the link: Rebug REX theme
      pswd: rebug rex theme
    15. KhenemetHeru
      KhenemetHeru
      The wireless controller bug for PS2 I can live with... the PS menu being blank when playing PS2 games I can't - can someone confirm if this is fixed or still a bug for owners of BC PS3s? I've been waiting for a solid official release from Rebug, and someone reported it as being a bug on psx-scene, but there's been no response one way or another to confirm or deny, and there's nothing but the controller bug listed on Rebug's site or anywhere else. That's a big issue if it's still doing that IMO...
    16. Joonie
      Joonie
      Just stay with ps2classic iso files, you won't have wireless bug nor menu bugs on BC.

It will be up on the site soon, evil had a drama with ps3hax again, he was rushed to post that official site page.
    17. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Oh wasn't trying to start drama more less curious as TBH anyone worth their salt seems to be in Rebug now outside if haxxen so it isn't really of dire concern more less a question.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
    18. Matrix
    19. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      link is fine the one you posted with a password is different and not as nice as glowbals

here is another link if you having issues
      https://anonfiles.com/file/1c8c3a536868e24b782f13408a7dd6b9